Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Brandon Reece Taylor
Born Country: England
Born in: Preston, Lancashire, England
Famous as: Philosopher
father: Sean Taylor
mother: Louise Counsell
siblings: and Edie Taylorian (b. 2011)., Charlotte Sophia (b. 2007), Jay Taylorian (b. 2009), Kent Taylorian (b. 2008), Kieran Taylorian (b. 2007), Lucia Richardson (b. 1989), Zara Taylorian (b. 2008)
Cometan is an autodidactic philosopher and author who founded the Astronist religion in his adolescent years after receiving an intensive series of ideas and revelations about humanity’s future in space to form a new belief system and cultural tradition in the form of Millettic/Astronic culture. Cometan became an autodidact of philosophy and theology and his ideas about the centralisation of The Cosmos to become the primary source of our spirituality, faith, and knowledge distinguished Astronism from other belief systems. His newfound astronomically-themed beliefs and concepts were codified in the treatise of the Omnidoxy (2019) as the founding text of his religion of Astronism which is categorised as an organised philosophy. Cometan is also the creator of the Jesse Millette franchise which he started from age fifteen and has exercised his entrepreneurial skills to develop. Cometan is responsible for inventing thousands of new words due to his development of Astronism and his creation of the Jesse Millette character; he has become known as a prolific neologist and writer.
- Cometan was born on July 1, 1998, in the City of Preston in the English county of Lancashire, to Sean Taylor and Louise Counsell. His father is a vending machine business owner and his mother is a hair salon and property owner, both of whom have a strong entrepreneurial streak. Cometan’s mononymous name relates to the astronomical phenomena of a comet and was inspired by the young philosopher’s founding of Astronism, his own religion/philosophy.
- Cometan has seven siblings: Lucia Richardson (b. 1989), Kieran Taylorian (b. 2007), Charlotte Sophia (b. 2007), Kent Taylorian (b. 2008), Zara Taylorian (b. 2008), Jay Taylorian (b. 2009), and Edie Taylorian (b. 2011).
- Cometan’s parents separated when he was four years old after which his two sets of grandparents took away some of the strain by helping to raise the boy. His maternal grandmother, Irene Taylor (1932-2015), was a devout Roman Catholic and the young Cometan spent much of his youth travelling to different churches across the North of England as his grandmother wanted him and his two close cousins to one day become priests. This deep religiosity from an early age is perhaps the reason for Cometan’s sparked interest in philosophy and theology in his adolescence, a subsequence of which was the founding of Astronism.
- Often described as reserved and exhibiting strange behaviour in his later childhood, such as lying about events that had never occurred, Cometan remained flippant in personality. His parents took him to numerous different hobbies after he showed an interest, but he would stay no more than two weeks at each, including drama school and karate. Cometan had nothing to dedicate himself to and often resorted to activities and hobbies whereby he participated alone. The only hobby that he did stick to was his piano playing which he began when was ten years old and still continues it today.
- The extent of the effect that Cometan’s parents’ separation had on him reflecs in his literary works, especially due to the fact that despite Jesse Millette having an almost perfect life, his parents were also divorced in the stories as the Jesse Millette character remains retrobiographical to the life of Cometan himself.
- The life of Cometan changed forever when, on his fifteenth birthday, he thought of the idea to create the Jesse Millette character which was quickly followed by his creation of The Five Millettarian Characters. Not long after this, Cometan began to receive his first revelations about the development of a philosophy to coincide with his literary works, the initial name of this philosophy being Millettism which is how it remains officially referred to, but is now of course more widely known as Astronism.
- Not until the age of seventeen did Cometan’s philosophership truly begin to develop for it was from this age onwards that he received a series of intense revelations, or what he termed as personal inspirations, which involved many new concepts, beliefs, and words flooding his mind on a daily basis. It was during this time that Cometan’s authorship of the Omnidoxy began and became most intense which organised the thousands of ideas to culminate in the formation of Astronism.
- Cometan’s whole identity changed after becoming dedicated to the founding of Astronism and the creation of the Jesse Millette franchise. He finally had two challenging vocations to see through and commit himself to completely and utterly.
- Cometan studied business and marketing at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) from age 18 to 21 and intended to apply his knowledge gained from that degree to the context of his new religion. He invented and considered questions such as conceptual value and the commercialisation of religion and philosophy. His intention was to establish a newfound institution that would hold full and undisputed ownership over Astronism, its beliefs, and all the philosophical works of Cometan.
- In parallel to the works of philosophy, Cometan tirelessly worked on the publication of the Jesse Millette stories to become a fully-developed franchise with extensive commercial potential.
- Cometan had completed the initial edition, known as the Original Cometanic Edition of the Omnidoxy and it was a mind-boggling 1.25 million words long in total length. Through his authorship of the Omnidoxy, Cometan had made major contributions to metaphilosophy in trying to understand the nature of philosophy and the future of the role of philosophers in the world. Not only had Cometan founded his own religion of Astronism, but he had established new philosophical tradition known as the Astronic tradition of philosophy and religion akin to other the Abrahamic and Dharmic categories.
- Not originally seeking to create a new religion, Cometan championed the combination of religion and philosophy for the establishment of Astronism, thus leading to Astronism becoming the first organised philosophy.
- Cometan was very close with his two grandmothers and his cousins after his parents’ separation and spent the majority of his weekends during his childhood at his paternal grandparents’ residence. His paternal grandmother was a devout Roman Catholic and extremely protective over her grandchildren, particularly Cometan and two of his other cousins, so much so that her house was later described by Cometan as cult-like.
- Cometan has spoken of the fact that he remained of an “unknown identity” up until the age of fifteen when he had the idea for Jesse Millette. Up until that point, he never committed to any hobby, had few close friends, and held a generally unhappy personality.
- A famed Armenophile, Cometan held an instant affinity and curiosity towards the history and people of Armenia upon learning about the country during his formative autodidactic years. This lead to him eventually coming across a young woman named Liana Tiratsuyan whom he met in person almost one year later at Zvartnots International Airport in the capital city of Yerevan in December 2018.
- Cometan's first love was born Liana Tiratsuyan in Meghri in southern Armenia, but Cometan mononymised and astronised her name when he wrote about her in the Omnidoxy and she became the Astronist figure of Cosma. Cometan's interactions with Cosma over their long distance relationship formed the foundations of Cometanic love, which is a discourse that remains dedicated to Cosma. Cosma's role in the founding of Astronism remains one of debate, although she is also credited with providing Cometan the idea of calling the Armenian version of the Omnidoxy, the Omniadaran named after the Matenadaran which they visited when Cometan first went to Armenia in December 2018.
- Cometan has seven siblings. They are (from oldest to youngest): Lucia Richardson (born June 1, 1989), Kieran Taylorian (born February 6, 2007), Charlotte Counsell (born August 20, 2007), Kent Taylorian (born July 17, 2008), Zara Taylorian (born July 17, 2008), Jay Taylorian (born September 17, 2009), and Edie Taylorian (born February 27, 2011). Although their contributions to the founding of Astronism are not clear, Kent Taylorian was credited by Cometan with giving him the idea for the belief in transtellation which refers to the transmigration of the soul to the stars after one's death; this remains a major school of Astronist eschatology
- Cometan has played the piano since he was 10 years old,
- Cometan founded the philosophy of Astronism from the age of 15,
- Cometan began writing the Omnidoxy at age 17,
- The Omnidoxy took Cometan 5 years to complete,
- Cometan remains one of the youngest initiated Freemasons in history as he was initiated just two months after his 18th birthday,
- The idea for Jesse Millette and Astronism came to Cometan on the day of his 15th birthday,
- He chose the mononymous name Cometan due to his religious beliefs and his fascination with comets and other cosmical phenomena,
- He became the member of The Royal Institute of Philosophy at the age of 20.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed