Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Born in: Seqium, Washington
Famous as: Composer
father: William T. Stromberg
siblings: Brianna Stromberg, Brooke Stromberg, Keaton Stromberg
U.S. State: Washington
Wesley Stromberg is an American singer, songwriter and musician who gained popularity after participating in the reality television music competition 'The X Factor USA' as part of his band 'Emblem3'. He entered the competition in the second season of the show and reached the semi-finals, finishing in the fourth place. He is one of the founding members of the all-male band, along with his friend Drew Chadwick, with his brother Keaton Stromberg being the third and final member. Coming from a family of filmmakers and musicians, he learnt to sing and play instruments at an early age. He performed with his friend at various locations before entering the music competition. During the competition, they were mentored by renowned music producer Simon Cowell. Even though they failed to win the competition, Cowell signed the band for a record deal, which resulted in their debut studio album, 'Nothing to Lose'. The band eventually went on indefinite hiatus, but Wesley Stromberg kept creating music as part of another band named 'The BalCOny' that he formed with his friend Kenny Holland. He has performed opening acts for stars like Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato.
- Wesley Trent Stromberg was born on December 6, 1993, to Lariane and William Stromberg. He has three siblings; two sisters, Brianna and Brooke, and a brother, Keaton.He was born and raised in Seqium, Washington, but now lives in Huntington Beach, California. His parents divorced when he was very young.He comes from a family that is closely connected to the entertainment industry. His grandfather, William R. Stromberg, was a filmmaker. His father, William T. Stromberg, is a Grammy-nominated composer, while his uncle is Academy Award-winning art director Robert Stromberg.He learnt to play the guitar when he was six, and can play a number of other musical instruments. At the age of eleven, he started writing his first songs and formed his first band called 'Deferred Prosecution'.During his childhood, he was inspired by bands like 'Good Charlotte', 'Blink 182' and 'Sum 41'. He also loves the music of Bob Marley, and has a canvas of him in his bedroom.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Career Beginning
- At the age of 13, Wesley Stromberg and his friend Drew Chadwick created a band called 'The American Scholars', where he was the lead singer. His brother Keaton, who was only nine at the time, joined the band later.The three boys used to jam together and played in front of just five people on their first 'concert'. However, that was enough to convince them that they should pursue music seriously.Two years later, Wesley moved to Huntington Beach, California, where his brother and his friend joined him eventually. They recorded their first solo CD 'Bite Your Lip and Take It' in their basement.They soon started to perform in the local Sunset Strip area under the name 'The American Scholars'. During this time, they came up with a number of different names for the band, but settled on 'Emblem3'.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:'The X Factor'
- In 2012, 'Emblem3' auditioned for the second season of 'The X Factor USA' in San Francisco. The band performed an original song, 'Sunset Boulevard', during the audition.The group was selected to go on to the live shows, where their first performance was 'One Day' by Matisyahu. They were the first group to enter the top twelve of the show.They reached the semifinals performing the songs 'Just the Way You Are' by Bruno Mars and 'Forever Young' by Alphaville on the sixth live show. They performed 'Baby, I Love Your Way' by Peter Frampton and 'Hey Jude' by 'The Beatles' in the semifinals, but were eliminated from the show.Career After 'The X Factor
- Despite finishing fourth on 'The X Factor USA', 'Emblem3' was signed jointly by Simon Cowell's record label Syco Records and Columbia Records in 2013. They released their first single, 'Chloe (You're the One I Want)', on April 15, 2013.On July 30, 2013, they released their debut studio album 'Nothing to Lose', which also contained their debut single. They released their second single '3000 miles' on October 15, 2013.Continue Reading BelowIn August 2013, 'Emblem3' performed the opening act for pop star Selena Gomez on her 'Stars Dance Tour'. In December, they performed 'Just for One Day' as part of their homecoming gig on 'The X Factor'. They also announced their first national headlining tour, '#Bandlife', after their performance.The band was dropped by Simon Cowell's record label in May 2014 after their debut album failed commercially. They independently released their first EP, titled 'Songs from the Couch, Vol. I' on June 2, 2014. Soon after, Drew Chadwick left the band to pursue a solo career.After Chadwick left, Wesley and his brother released an EP titled 'Forever Together' on October 27, 2014. However, in June 2015, Wesley announced that the group is taking an indefinite hiatus.In mid-2015, Wesley Stromberg joined his friend Kenny Holland to create a new rock band named 'The BalCOny'. The band went on to open for Demi Lovato at the DigiTour, and later released their first single, 'Fire'.Drew Chadwick rejoined the band in September 2015, following which they made a private announcement for their fans and revealed that they are working on a new album. Emblem3 released the song 'Now' on YouTube on February 1, 2016, commemorating their past. They also released the details of their new tour a few days later.The band has been inactive for some time now, with the members pursuing solo careers in music. Wesley told in a recent interview that it is "time for a new chapter", but maintained that the band did not break up officially.Major Works
- The debut album of 'Emblem3' peaked at number 7 on the 'US Billboard 200' chart. It was received with mixed to positive reviews by critics and sold over 46,000 copies in the first week.Awards & Achievements
- Wesley Stromberg, as part of his band 'Emblem3', won the 'Teen Choice Award' for 'Choice Music: Breakout Group' in 2013. The same year, he was nominated for ‘Iconic Viner’ at 'Teen Icon Awards', while the band received nomination for ‘Icon of Tomorrow’.Personal Life & Legacy
- Wesley Stromberg has been in a relationship with Carly Miner, the sister of former Emblem3 member Kyle Miner. They started dating soon after they met during 'The X Factor' in 2012. However, the couple broke up in March 2014.He is currently dating actress Amber Montana, who stars on the Nickelodeon series 'Haunted Hathaways'. They have been spotted together a number of times and he has publicly expressed his feelings on social media platforms.Trivia
- The members of 'Emblem3' co-wrote their debut single 'Chloe (You're the One I Want)' after attending the Kardashian family's annual Christmas party. However, Wesley Stromberg insists that it is not about Khloe Kardashian, but that they simply came up with the idea for the song while uttering the name casually.
How To CiteArticle Title- Wesley Stromberg BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/wesley-stromberg-29830.phpLast Updated- February 13, 2019
People Also Viewed