Kendall Jenner Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Kendall Nicole Jenner
Born Country: United States
Born in: Los Angeles, California, United States
Famous as: Model
father: Caitlyn Jenner
mother: Kris Jenner
siblings: Brandon Jenner (half-brother), Brody Jenner (half-brother), Khloé Kardashian (half-sister), Kim Kardashian (half-sister), Kourtney Kardashian (half-sister), Kylie Jenner (sister), Rob Kardashian (half-brother)
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
Kendall Nicole Jenner is an American television personality, Instagram star, socialite, and modeling sensation who shot to fame with the reality television show, ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians’ that airs on the ‘E!’ cable network. The show follows personal and professional lives of the Kardashian-Jenner family, including her famous half-sisters Kim, Khloe, and Kourtney Kardashian and her younger sister Kylie Jenner among others. She stepped into the world of high fashion modeling after such popularity. Following an ad campaign for ‘Forever 21,’ her career in modeling skyrocketed and she walked the ramp for almost each and every luxury brand available, including ‘Prada,’ ‘Givenchy,’ ‘Fendi,’ and ‘Chanel.’ She also walked the ramps for high-end fashion designers during various fashion events like ‘Paris Fashion Week,’ ‘New York Fashion Week,’ and ‘Milan Fashion Week’ and gradually emerged as one of the most sought after fashion models. The ‘Forbes’ magazine ranked her at No. 16 in its 2015 list of top earning models, mentioning her estimated annual income as US$4 million. In 2018, Kendallwas named as the ‘world's highest-paid model’ on the ‘Forbes’ top-earning models list. She is the brand ambassador for multimedia ad campaigns of ‘Estée Lauder’ and has featured on the covers of ‘Vogue,’ ‘Allure,’ ‘Harper’s Bazaar,’ and ‘Garage.’ She is equally popular on social media and is among the ten most followed stars on Instagram with more than 115 million followers.
- She was born on November 3, 1995, in Los Angeles, California, USA, to Olympic decathlete champion Bruce Jenner, who is now known as Caitlyn Jenner following a gender transition in 2015, and Kris Jenner, a TV personality.
- She has English, Scottish, Irish, Dutch, Welsh, and German ancestry.
- She has eight half-siblings and a younger sister, Kylie. Her half-sisters Burt and Casey Lynn Jenner are from her father’s first marriage with Christie Crownover, while actor Brody and pop singer Brandon are her two half-brothers from her father’s second marriage with actress Linda Thompson.
- Her maternal half-siblings include famous reality TV personalities Kim, Kourtney, Khloé, and Rob Kardashian from her mother’s first marriage with Robert Kardashian.
- She grew up in an upscale suburb west of Los Angeles called Calabasas along with Kylie and her maternal half-siblings. She studied at ‘Sierra Canyon School’ in Los Angeles from where she dropped out to make a career in modeling, while continuing her education through homeschooling.
- In 2007, she launched her television career by featuring in her family’s hit series ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians,’ broadcast on the ‘E!’ cable network. Since then, she has featured in other associated spinoffs like ‘Khloé& Lamar,’ ‘Kourtney and Kim Take New York,’ and ‘Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami.’
- Aftergarnering fame as a reality television star, she went on to sign with the modeling and talent agency ‘Wilhelmina Models’ on July 12, 2009, embarking on theworld of modeling at just 14 years.
- In December 2009, she landed her first modeling assignment titled ‘Rocker Babes with a Twist’; a campaign for American fast fashion retailer, ‘Forever 21.’
- One of the hit songs of the ‘One Call’ boy band titled ‘Blacklight’ was made into a video in 2010 that featured Jenner along with other television stars like Kevin McHale and Ashley Benson. On April 19 that year, she appeared in a ‘Teen Vogue’ snapshot.
- She walked the ramp for fashion designer Sherri Hill in September 2011 at the ‘Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.’
- The 2011 ‘Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolors’ nail polish line included two signature nail lacquer developed by her. KendallJenner’s signature nail lacquer helped the Jenner sisters earn $100,000. In the same year, the two sisters were featured by ‘Seventeen’ magazine as ‘Style Stars’ and also as their ‘Style Ambassadors.’
- Kendall and Kylie were made creative directors of the webisode series ‘Gillette Venus Gets Ready with Kendall &Kylie Jenner’ on March 16, 2012.The serieswas originally aired on the Facebook page of ‘Gillette.’
- She portrayed AJ in the American action police procedural TV series ‘Hawaii Five-0’ in an episode titled ‘I KaWaMamua’ which was aired in 2012. By the end of the year, she had covers on ‘Flavour Magazine,’ ‘American Cheerleader,’ ‘Lovecat,’ ‘Teen Prom,’ ‘GenLux,’ ‘Raine,’ and ‘Looks.’
- She paired up with fashion celebrity and beauty photographer Russell James in November 2012 for editorial jobs and joint assignments. Their work was featured in‘Harper's Bazaar Arabia,’‘Miss Vogue Australia,’ and ‘Kurv.’
- On November 15, 2012,Kendall and Kylie collaborated with ‘PacSun’ and came up with their own fashion line ‘The Kendall & Kylie Collection’ which was developed according to their personal style.They later collaborated with ‘TopShop’ for another collection that launched on February 8, 2016, in New York.
- The jewelry collection ‘Metal Haven by Kendall & Kylie’ was developed by Jenner sisters in July 2013 in partnership with ‘Pascal Mouawad'sGlamhouse.’
- On November 21, 2013, she signed with the New York based model management company, ‘The Society Management.’Her association with the company saw her walk the ramp for several imminent fashion designers and brands like Marc Jacobs, ‘Tommy Hilfiger,’‘Chanel,’ Giles Deacon, and Donna Karan to mention a few.
- She remained a special guest star in the episode ‘ShakesparagusSpeare’ from the American live-action animated television series ‘The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange’ where she voiced a character named Strawberry. The episode was aired on January 20, 2014. She also completed her graduation that year.
- Gradually she made a name for herself in the fashion and glamour world by treading different paths, including shooting covers and editorials for ‘Teen Vogue,’‘Love,’ and ‘Interview.’
- On June 3, 2014, ‘Rebels: City of Indra,’ a science fiction/dystopian novel co-authored by her, Kylie, and ghost-writer Maya Sloan was published. Its sequel,created by Jenner sisters along with Katherine Killmond and Elizabeth Killmond-Roman titled ‘Time Of The Twins,’ released on November 15, 2016.
- She was featured with Kylie and rapper Drake in the August 2014 video ‘Recognize’ by Canadian rapper, singer, and songwriter Jahron Anthony Brathwaite who is renowned by his stage name ‘PartyNextDoor.’ She was made the official representative of ‘Estée Lauder’ that November.
- Her modeling career thrived in 2015 when she walked the runways for high fashion designers and brands in various fashion shows, including ‘Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.’ She shot editorials and covers with magazines like ‘Harper’s Bazaar,’ ‘GQ,’ and ‘Vogue’ issues in China, America, and France.
- In March 2015, she signed with ‘Calvin Klein Jeans.’ In May, she signed with the clothing brand ‘Penshoppe.’
- In 2016, she shot editorials and covers for ‘Vogue Brazil,’ ‘V,’ ‘Vanity Fair,’ and ‘Love’ among other major magazines and publications.
- In April 2016, a special edition editorial supplement was dedicated to her by ‘Vogue.’
- In April 2017, Kendall was ridiculed for her starring role in a ‘Pepsi’ ad campaign called ‘Live For Now.’
- In 2018, she wasseenplaying a cameo role in Gary Ross-directed American heist comedy film ‘Ocean's 8.’In the film, Kendall was seen alongside other celebrities like Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Kylie Jenner, and Kim Kardashian West.
- She was romantically linked with Jaden Smith, Justin Bieber, and Harry Styles.
- Jenner set up an eBay account where she auctions old clothing to raise money for ‘Children's Hospital Los Angeles.’
How To Cite
People Also Viewed