Khloé Kardashian Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Khloé Alexandra Kardashian
Born Country: United States
Born in: Los Angeles, California, United States
Famous as: Media personality
Spouse/Ex-: Lamar Odom (m. 2009–2016)
father: Robert Kardashian
mother: Kris Jenner
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
education: Marymount High School
Khloe Alexandra Kardashian is an American socialite, model, television personality, and entrepreneur. Her claim to fame was her participation in her family’s real-life drama reality show ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians,’ along with her mother and siblings. The show turned out to be such a success that various spin offs followed, making Khloe and her sisters a household name in the United States. She also appeared on a reality show with her then husband, NBA basketball star, Lamar Odom, whom she later divorced. Her parents divorced when she was young and her father died when she was 18. This brought her close to her mother, who remarried and raised many children and step-children from both her marriages. This became the theme for their reality show that went on to portray their individual personalities, love life, confrontations, and professional careers. Khloe and Lamar Odom released their own unisex fragrance. Along with her siblings, she also launched a boutique with jewelry and a clothing line. Khloe has also hosted a number of talk shows and endorsed a brand that sells environment-friendly products. She also has her own cosmetic line and has released two books with her sisters. Today, Khloe has a large following on social media platforms, such as Instagram and Twitter.
- Khloe Alexandra Kardashian was born on June 27, 1984, in Los Angeles, California, to Robert and Kris Kardashian. Her father was a famous lawyer who defended footballer OJ Simpson during his much-talked-about trial of his wife’s murder.
- Robert and Kris had three girls and a boy of which Khloe was the second youngest child. Her parents divorced and her mother went on to marry decathlon Olympic gold medalist Bruce, who had four children from his previous marriage. Kris and Bruce had two children from their marriage. Thus, Khloe comes from a family of ten siblings, including step-brothers and sisters. She has a mix of Dutch, English, Irish, and Scottish ancestry from her mother’s side.
- She attended the Roman Catholic, all girls, ‘Marymount High School’ in Los Angeles. She then dropped out to continue her education at home. She completed her ‘GED’ at the age of 17.
- Her father died of esophageal cancer when she was just 18. Though the loss was a great blow to Khloe, it brought her closer to her mother.
- The reality show ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’ was launched in 2007. It features Khloe with her siblings, mother, and step-father Bruce. The show was a grand success and led to the subsequent spin offs, ‘Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami’ and ‘Khloe & Lamar’ which were equally successful.
- The reality shows followed the lives of the Kardashian family members, their love lives, personal conflicts, and professional pursuits. Through the show, Khloe developed a reputation of having quick wit and unabashed honesty that made her popular among fans. Her success resulted in her being invited to compete on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ in 2009, where she finished tenth.
- Khloe and her sisters launched the ‘D-A-S-H’ boutique chain, as part of a family business in Miami. They also released the jewelry and clothing line ‘Bebe,’ and later released another clothing line called ‘K-Dash’ on the teleshopping network, ‘QVC.’
- During this period, she featured in PETA’s campaign ‘I’d Rather Go Naked than Wear Fur,’ and teamed up with ‘Natural Products Association’ to introduce a teeth whitening pen called ‘Idol White.’ She also marketed a fake tan called ‘Glamour Tan.’
- Khloe Kardashian joined Miami’s ‘Top 40 Mainstream’ radio station ‘WHYI’ for a weekly talk show in 2009. She also made a cameo appearance with her sister Kourtney in the season 3 premiere of the drama series ‘90210.’ In 2011, she was seen making another cameo appearance in ‘Kourtney and Kim Take New York.’
- Khloe and her siblings made their mark with the release of their book ‘Kardashian Konfidential’ in 2010. The book is about the family affairs of the Kardashians. It also has tips for leading a meaningful life, accompanied by a host of glossy photographs. The following year, they released a novel titled ‘Dollhouse,’ which is about growing up a celebrity. She also marketed two unisex fragrances called ‘Unbreakable’ and ‘Unbreakable Joy’ with her then husband Odom.
- In 2012, she launched a one-hour, commercial free radio show called ‘The Mix Up with Khloe Kardashian Odom.’ The show’s success landed Kardashian an opportunity to co-host the second season of the American version of ‘X Factor’ along with Mario Lopez.
- The year 2014 saw another spin off of ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians,’ ‘Kourtney & Khloe Take the Hamptons.’ This was followed by the talk show ‘Kocktails with Khloe’ which was hosted by Khloe.
- Khloe Kardashian became the brand ambassador of ‘Burst Oral Care,’ and performed a corn test using the brand’s electric toothbrush in December 2018.
- Today, Khloe is an established reality star with a massive following on social media and a net worth of more than $40 million.
- Some of the hit reality shows where Khloe has appeared, include ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians,’ ‘Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami’ (2009 to 2010), ‘Kourtney and Kim Take New York’ (2011 to 2012), ‘Khloe and Lamar’ (2011 to 2012), ‘Kourtney and Khloe Take The Hamptons’ (2014 to 2015), and ‘Law and Order’ (2011).
- She hosted ‘Kocktails with Khloe’ (2016), ‘Revenge Body with Khloe Kardashian’ (2017), and co-hosted 16 episodes of the American version of ‘X Factor’ in 2012.
- Her other acting credits, include ‘Psychotherapist’ (2010), ‘Law and Order: LA’ (2011), ‘Real Husbands of Hollywood’ (2013), and ‘Royal Pains’ (2014).
- Khloe received the ‘Teen Choice Award’ on multiple occasions for her role in ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians.’ She received the award four times in 2010, 2011, 2013, and 2014 under the category, ‘Choice TV: Female Reality / Variety Star.’
- She was nominated for the ‘In Style Social Media Award’ under the ‘Unlimited Celebrity Fitspo’ category in 2015.
- Khloe Kardashian married ‘NBA’ basketball star Lamar Odom in 2009, and changed her surname to ‘Odom.’ Episodes of their married life were featured on the reality show ‘Khloe & Lamar.’ Unfortunately, stress endured from the show led to their divorce in 2013, and Kardashian dropped the surname. The divorce was finalized in 2016.
- After her divorce, she had a number of affairs with prominent personalities like Hip Hop singer French Montana and basketball player James Harden. In 2016, she began dating Canadian basketball player Tristan Thompson, and started living with him in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson were blessed with a daughter named True Thompson who was born on April 12, 2018. In 2019, Kardashian broke up with Tristan Thompson after he cheated on her with her younger half-sister Kylie Jenner's best friend Jordyn Woods.
- Khloe met with a major car accident in 2001, due to which she suffered traumatic brain injury, leading to memory loss.
- In 2007, she was arrested for Driving under Influence (DUI), and served a short term in jail. She also underwent a rehabilitation program for alcohol dependency.
- Khloe was sued by a transsexual woman for an assault outside a pub in 2009. She has also faced charges in a lawsuit against the marketing line ‘Quick Time,’ for misleading consumers about a weight loss supplement which she had endorsed in a commercial.
|2019||Favorite Reality TV Star||Keeping Up with the Kardashians (2007)|
|2018||Favorite Reality TV Star||Keeping Up with the Kardashians (2007)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed