Jacob Elordi Biography
Girlfriend: Joey King
Sun Sign: Cancer
Born in: Brisbane, Queensland
Famous as: Actor
father: John Elordi
mother: Melissa Elordi
siblings: Isabella Elordi, Jalynn Elordi
City: Brisbane, Australia
education: St. Joseph Nudgee College
Jacob Elordi is an Australian actor, best known for his role of ‘Noah Flynn’ in the critically acclaimed ‘Netflix’ film, ‘The Kissing Booth.’ Born and raised in Brisbane, Australia, Jacob was fascinated with the world of acting since childhood. He began acting during his school years and participated in many stage shows. One of his initial acting projects was a musical called ‘Seussical,’ where he played the role of ‘Cat in the Hat’ and sang for his part, too. As he grew up, his love for acting intensified. He was highly inspired by Heath Ledger, another Australian actor who had already made his mark in Hollywood. In 2017, he made his big-screen debut with a small, uncredited role in the Hollywood film ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.’ The same year, he made his full-fledged acting debut with the comedy–drama film ‘Swinging Safari,’ which featured him as ‘Rooster.’ His life changed after he appeared as ‘Noah Flynn’ in the teenage romantic comedy ‘The Kissing Booth.’
- Jacob Elordi was born in Brisbane, Australia, on June 26, 1997, to John and Melissa Elordi. He grew up with two sisters, Isabella and Jalynn. Apart from being active in sports and extracurricular activities, Jacob was also a film lover.
- As a child, he idolized Australian actor Heath Ledger. Other Australian actors such as Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman were already making their mark in Hollywood, and Jacob decided that he wanted to follow in their footsteps.
- He started acting in theatrical productions that his school organized. Over time, he honed his skills. His first stint with acting was for the musical ‘Seussical,’ which featured him as ‘Cat in the Hat.’
- During his formative years in school, he continued to pursue acting along with academics. He was interested in many aspects of art and also did some photography in high school.
- His will to become an actor brought him to ‘St. Joseph’s Nudgee College,’ from where he started his actual training in acting. He also played rugby, a sport that helped him maintain a certain fitness level that, in turn, helped him bag some early roles.
- By the time he was in college, he had started auditioning for full-fledged acting roles. He bagged a few roles but did not find anything concrete.
- His professional acting career began with a short film titled ‘Carpe Liam.’ The film featured him in the titular role of ‘Liam.’
- He then appeared in another short film, ‘Max & Iosefa.’ In this film, too, he played the titular role. He also developed an interest in other aspects of filmmaking and worked as a writer for the film. He did not wish to limit himself to acting and believed there was a bigger artistic side to his personality.
- In 2017, he was offered a small role in the film ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.’ The film featured Jacob in a small, uncredited role. It was a major success, and Jacob learned a lot on the sets of the film.
- The same year, he auditioned for a supporting role in the comedy drama ‘Swinging Safari.’ The film starred reputed actors such as Kylie Minogue and Guy Pearce. It featured Jacob as ‘Rooster’ and was a critical success. The film also turned out to be a box-office hit.
- Following this stint, Jacob moved to Los Angeles and settled there. He eventually auditioned for a role in the ‘Netflix’ film ‘The Kissing Booth.’ He was selected for the role of ‘Noah Flynn,’ the main love interest of the leading lady in the film. The film released on ‘Netflix’ on May 11, 2018, and was immensely appreciated. Although critics did not seem to like the film a lot, it still managed to touch new milestones of success for ‘Netflix.’ One in every three viewers who watched it on ‘Netflix’ has re-watched the film.
- Jacob became an overnight star following the release and success of the film. His social-media following soared, and he became a national hero. Soon, Jacob started receiving offers for lead roles in films and TV series.
- He is all set to play a pivotal role in the upcoming film ‘The Mortuary Collection,’ where he will be seen playing the role of ‘Jake.’ He will play ‘Chris’ in another upcoming film, ‘2 Hearts.’
- He is also supposed to play a key role in the upcoming ‘HBO’ series ‘Euphoria.’ Based on an Israeli series of the same name, ‘Euphoria’ will follow the lives of a few high-school teenagers as they experiment with sex, drugs, love, and friendship.
- He is also set to play the role of ‘Lucas Jackson’ in the upcoming series ‘The Bend.’
- Jacob Elordi and actor Joey King, his female lead in the film ‘The Kissing Booth,’ became good friends during the film’s shooting. The couple eventually grew fond of each other and started dating. Rumors stated they had split in July 2018, but Jacob put an end to the speculations after wishing Joey on her birthday over social media.
- Jacob is a big fan of the late actor Heath Ledger. He often uploads photos of himself in Heath Ledger poses.
- Jacob also happens to be a socially active young man. He is fiercely vocal about his discontentment with the present gun laws in America. He has often been photographed protesting against the laws. He also supports many other causes.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed