George Smith Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: George Stephen Gresley Smith
Born in: England
Famous as: Pop–rock Singer, Instrumentalist
father: Tony Smith
mother: Natasha Orchard-Smith
U.S. State: Connecticut
City: Hertfordshire, England
George Smith is an English pop–rock singer and instrumentalist. He is the lead vocalist, guitarist, and pianist of the all-boy band ‘New Hope Club.’ Apart from George, the band consists of Blake Richardson and Reece Bibby. George and Blake are the two founding members of the band, while Reece joined later. Established in 2015, 'New Hope Club' is credited as a self-made band and has not participated in any international music contests. Before joining the band, George performed solo at open mic venues. He has contributed a lot in making 'New Hope Club' a successful venture. He also appears in the videos of the band’s songs. All their videos are available on the band’s official 'YouTube' channel.
- George began his career as a guitarist and performed at various open mic venues around Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire, much before he joined 'New Hope Club.' He also has written a number of original songs for his open mic performances. Of them, the song titled 'Yes or No' is the most famous.
- George rose to prominence with the inception of the three-person band in 2015. George and his friend Blake were the first to conceive the idea of the band. The third member of the group, Reece Bibby, joined later, in November that year, after his former band, 'Stereo Kicks,' broke up in July 2015. All three members of ‘New Hope Club’ are from Northern England. George is the lead vocalist, guitarist, and pianist of the band. In October 2015, George, Blake, and Reece recorded their first cover. It was the cover version of the song ‘Wake Up' by the British rock band 'The Vamps.' They later signed a contract with 'Steady Records,' the record label of 'The Vamps.' The label is a subsidiary of 'Virgin EMI Records.' 'New Hope Club’ was the second band to sign with the label, after the California-based group 'The Tide.'
- The same year, in September, 'New Hope Club' launched their official 'YouTube' channel. The channel primarily hosts the band’s cover versions. Some of the cover videos, such as 'Dusk Till Dawn - Zayn & Sia (Cover by New Hope Club),' 'New Hope Club – Fixed,' 'Sign Of The Times - Harry Styles (Cover By New Hope Club),' 'New Hope Club – Water,' and 'New Hope Club – Medicine,' have garnered over a million "views." The last video was their fastest music video to reach a million "views" and was used as the promotional song of their second EP.
- With the rise of the band, George grew as an artist. 'New Hope Club' continued to deliver numerous hit cover songs from bands such as 'The Vamps,' 'One Direction,' and '5 Seconds of Summer.' They also sang cover versions of songs by Justin Bieber and Shawn Mendes. George’s favorite 'New Hope Club' cover is that of 'Shape of You' by Ed Sheeran.
- On May 5, 2017, 'New Hope Club' released its debut EP, 'Welcome to the Club.' The EP consisted of four songs and was released on 'Hollywood Records' via 'Steady Records.' The video for the track 'Perfume' from the EP was released earlier, in January 2017, while the video for 'Fixed' was released with the EP. All three members of the band appear in the music videos of their songs. By October 2017, 'New Hope Club' had released music videos for all four songs of the EP.
- 'New Hope Club' made its debut headline show in June 2018, at the 'O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire' in London. Some of the band's other songs and music videos released later in the year were 'Start over Again,' 'Good Day,' and 'Tiger Feet.' The last two songs were included in the album of the 2018 British stop-motion animated historical sports-comedy film ‘Early Man.' On October 2018, 'New Hope Club' released its second EP, 'Welcome to the Club pt.2.'
- George was born George Stephen Gresley Smith, on March 9, 1999, in England. He is the only child of Tony Smith and Natasha Orchard-Smith.
- George is an ardent dog lover and owns two pet dogs named Toffee and Phoebe. He is scared of spiders. George has a habit of sleeping on the train or in the car.
- ‘Jurassic Park’ is one of George’s favorite movies. The 'Disney' movie 'The Lion King' is also on his list of favorites. An animation lover, he loves the 'Star Wars' franchise. He is a big fan of the character ‘R2D2’ from the movie series. Additionally, ‘The Walking Dead,’ 'Stranger Things,’ and ‘Friends’ are also on his list of favorite series.
- George considers singer Ed Sheeran his idol. Some of his favorite Ed Sheeran songs are 'Castle on the Hill,' 'UNI,' 'She,' and ‘Touch & Go.’ Additionally, George also loves to listen to Shawn Mendes, and loves Mendes’s song 'Air.' 'Perfect Strangers' by Jonas Blue, featuring JP Cooper, is also on his list of favorites. George’s favorite band is 'The Beatles.'
- George is a huge football fan and supports the football club 'Tottenham Hotspur.’ He also enjoys playing ‘Pokémon.’ He loves pizza and chicken.
- George’s favorite holiday destination is Spain, and he wishes to perform at the 'Wembley Stadium' in London someday.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed