Jade Alleyne Biography
Jade Alleyne is a Scottish–English actor and singer, best known for portraying ‘Clem Burton’ in the sitcom ‘4 O’clock Club.’ Jade was born in Aberdeen, Scotland, and moved with her family to London, England, at some point in her early childhood, from where she began her career. She was highly interested in the performing arts ever since she was a child. She learnt acting, dancing, and singing at various institutes. She happens to be an alumna of the ‘Sylvia Young Theatre School’ and the ‘HJA Performing Arts institute.’ She has also been a street dancer, and during her early teenage years, she was part of a street-dance group named ‘Dance Alive.’ In 2015, she made her acting debut with the British comedy–drama series titled ‘4 O’Clock Club,’ in which she played ‘Clem Burton,’ one of the recurring roles of the series. In 2016, she appeared in one of the main roles in the British musical drama series ‘The Lodge.’ She then appeared in another main role in 2019, in the series titled ‘Years and Years.’ In 2016, she also ventured into music and released her debut single, ‘If Only You Knew,’ which she had recorded for the series ‘The Lodge.’
- Jade Alleyne was born on March 17, 2001, in Aberdeen, Scotland, into a working-class family. She had been exposed to the entertainment industry ever since she was a child, owing to her aunt, Sonita Alleyne, who had founded ‘Somethin’ Else,’ a cross-platform media company.
- However, Jade also had her own inclination toward acting. Her parents noticed that and supported her since her early days. As she grew up, her desire to perform got stronger and she learned dancing, acting, and singing.
- By the time she was 10 years old, her family had moved to London, which provided Jade better opportunities to explore her artistic talents. Apart from continuing her education from a local school, she attended multiple performing-art institutes to discover the best career options for herself.
- She enrolled at the ‘HJA Performing Arts institute’ in 2010 and attended it until 2012. She learned singing and dancing at ‘HJA.’ In her early teenage years, she also became a member of the street-dance group named ‘Dance Alive.’
- With ‘Dance Alive,’ Jade located her real passion for the performing arts and decided that this was what she wanted to follow as a profession.
- In 2013, she joined ‘The Place’s Centre of Advanced Training’ to hone her skills as a professional dancer. It was associated with the ‘London Contemporary Dance School’ and was one of the prime dance-training institutes in the city.
- She had also aimed at learning acting. She joined the ‘Sylvia Young Theatre School’ when she was 7 years old and learned acting. Training in theater acting also did wonders for her shy and introverted nature. As a result of the training, she became more confident.
- In 2015, she made her on-screen acting debut with a recurring role in the British comedy–drama musical series titled ‘4 O’Clock Club.’ She played a student named ‘Clem Burton’ in the series. She appeared on the show regularly from 2015 to 2017. She reprised her role in a single episode of the eighth season in 2018.
- Although her role was not too long, it was appreciated by the show’s fans. Jade now began to be noticed for her work.
- In 2016, she appeared as herself in a single episode of the children’s entertainment series titled ‘CBBC Official Chart Show.’
- The same year, she appeared as herself in the British game show titled ‘Ultimate Brain.’ She teamed up with her ‘4 O’Clock Club’ co-stars Daniel Kerr and Grace McIntosh on the show. It featured celebrity contestants, as they were asked questions about science. The show was one of the most popular British game shows and was loved by children.
- She also made an appearance as herself on the children’s show named ‘Blue Peter’ the same year. ‘Blue Peter’ is the longest-running children’s TV show in the world.
- Later, in 2016, she got a huge break when she appeared in one of the key roles in the musical drama/mystery TV series ‘The Lodge.’ The series featured her as ‘Kaylee,’ an aspiring singer. The series was a commercial and critical success. It ran for two seasons and 25 episodes. However, the show was not renewed for a third season.
- It was released on ‘Disney Channel’ in the US and was a success there, too. Eventually, it was telecast in 108 countries around the world. This was the first major breakthrough for Jade, as the series helped her exhibit her singing and acting skills to an international audience.
- In 2009, she was cast as ‘Ruby Bisme-Lyons,’ a supporting character, in the ‘BBC One’ drama series titled ‘Years and Years.’ Written by the celebrated writer of ‘Doctor Who,’ Russell T Davies, the series earned good initial ratings, along with praises for the performances of the leading cast.
- Also an aspiring singer, Jade got the chance to showcase her singing skills for the first time in 2016, when she released her debut single, ‘If You Only Knew.’ The ‘Disney Channel’ original song earned good ratings and over 4.2 million views on ‘YouTube’ since its release. It was recorded for the series ‘The Lodge,’ in which Jade played a main role.
- Jade Alleyne has not revealed any information about her relationships yet. There were rumors about her dating her ‘The Lodge’ co-star Jayden Revri, but there was no confirmation regarding the same.
- Jade once said that she had idolized popular ‘Disney’ actor and singer Miley Cyrus for a long time.
- Jade currently lives in London with her family. She intends to finish her education along with managing her career.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed