Eva Igo Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Eva Erin Igo
Born in: Minnesota, United States
Famous as: Dancer
father: Pat Igo
mother: Dawn Igo
siblings: Kayla Igo, Sean Igo
U.S. State: Minnesota
awards: People's Choice Award for Favorite Competition Contestant
Eva Igo is an American dancer and actor, best known for her performances on various dance reality shows. She proved her skills in the first season of ‘NBC’s dance show ‘World of Dance.’ Born in Minnesota, US, she trained at one of the top dance studios of America, ‘The Larkin Dance Studio,’ Maplewood. Starting in early childhood, she participated in competitions and earned titles since the tender age of 7. She often posted her dance videos on social-media channels such as ‘YouTube’ and ‘Instagram.’ This led to an audition for ‘World of Dance.’ She secured the second place in the first season of this reality show but got eliminated early in the second season. Igo has also achieved high scores in the ‘Hall of Fame Dance Challenge’ and the reality show ‘Dance Moms.’ She is a recipient of the ‘Industry Dance Award for the Most Fierce Dancer under 18.’ Igo has also appeared in an episode of a TV series. She has been part of a science-fiction movie named ‘The Last Astronaut.’ Presently, she lives with her family in Minnesota. Besides managing her rigorous dance rehearsals, she attends online school. Igo aspires to become a professional dancer and open her own dance studio.
- Eva Erin Igo was born on November 9, 2002, in Saint Paul, Minnesota, to Dawn and Pat Igo. They are from Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota. She has two older siblings, Kayla and Sean.
- At the age of 3, Eva began learning dance at the renowned ‘Larkin Dance Studio,’ Maplewood, Minnesota. At the age of 5, she presented her first solo performance. Since 7 years of age, she has been winning various dance competitions and titles.
- Earlier, she attended a public school. Since 2016, she has been attending an online school.
- In 2017, Eva Igo was the winner of the ‘Hall of Fame Dance Challenge’ in St. Paul, Minnesota, where her solo to Bishop Briggs’s ‘River’ achieved a perfect score. She became the first solo dancer in 12 years to accomplish this feat.
- Igo was a guest in an episode of the third season of the show ‘Dance Moms,’ titled ‘Camouflaged Maneuvers.’ She performed and won against the ‘Abby Lee Dance Company.’ She was the highest scorer in the competition and surpassed Maddie Ziegler.
- Igo posted her dance videos regularly on ‘YouTube’ on her ‘Instagram’ account. In 2008, she released her first solo on ‘Think Pink’. When the producers and cast director of the reality show ‘World of Dance’ saw her solo ‘It’s a Man’s World’ on ‘YouTube,’ she was asked to appear for the auditions of the show. Igo went to Chicago for the auditions and qualified with an average score of 88.
- She won the ‘Divisional Final’ of the show (beating Diana Pombo), with a score of 96.7. Igo also won the ‘Junior Division Championship’ of the competition. However, during the ‘World Finale’ on August 8, 2017, she acquired the second place, behind French dancers ‘Les Twins.’ Though she scored an average of 93.7, the winners scored 93.8. She thus lost the championship by a minor fraction.
- In 2017, Igo was part of the ‘World of Dance Live.’ She toured the US and Canada with the company. She got a chance to perform at the ‘VidCon’ in Orange County, Canada.
- In 2018, Igo returned to the second season of the ‘World of Dance.’ She was eliminated during the duals round of the dance reality show and lost to first-time competitors Avery and Marcus. Although Igo did not compete in the third season of the show, she made an appearance in it.
- In 2018, Igo made her acting debut with the TV series ‘AXI: Avengers of Extreme Illusions.’ She made her film debut with the main role of ‘Evena’ in director Sean Welling’s 2019 science-fiction film ‘The Last Astronaut.’
- Igo was awarded the ‘Industry Dance Award for Most Fierce Dancer under 18’ in 2018. She earned a nomination for the ‘E!’ ‘People’s Choice Award’ in the category ‘Competition Contestant of 2018.’
- Along with her team, Igo participated in the eleventh season of the show ‘America’s Got Talent.’ In 2017, she was part of Jennifer Lopez’s music video ‘Amor Amor Amor.’ She is working on a clothes line for dancers.
- Igo loves edgy and contemporary dance. She also enjoys jazz and musical theater. She is inspired by her dance teacher and choreographer Michele Larkin and also by Tessandra Chavez. She appreciates her sister Kayla, a dance teacher, for helping her achieve her best.
- Igo loves to listen to Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Kesha, and Miley Cyrus. She has a pet dog named Ryder.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed