Mandi Macias Biography
Mandi Macias is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, and actor. While her journey began at an early age, she has only gained fame recently. This has been largely due to the release of her debut EP, ‘Sixteen.’ Although she is yet to make her mark in the mainstream music industry, she has already made her presence felt. With singles such as “Sixteen,” “Not Ur Baby,” “Crying in the Club,” “S.I.T.M.F,” and “Be Like That,” she has already become a young music sensation and is a hit with teenagers. Additionally, Mandi Macias is also becoming a social influencer, due to her ever-growing fan base on ‘Instagram’ and ‘Twitter.’ Her cover of Camila Cabello’s “Crying in the Club” is one of the most-watched videos on her ‘YouTube’ channel. She is also known for her incredible live performances with ‘High School Nation’ on their tour. Simultaneously, she also believes in giving back to society and in associated with charities such as the ‘Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.’
- As a child, Mandi Macias was interested in dancing and singing. At just 3 years of age, she was a cheerleader mascot. She started attending ballet and tap dance classes at the ‘Chatsworth Dance Studio,’ at the age of 4. She stayed there for only a year. Around the same time, she was also running track and field and cross country. She also loved playing soccer. This meant that she did not have enough time to focus on her dance career. However, she was passionate about dancing and acting. With that in mind, she started taking her career more seriously.
- She returned to tap dance, ballet, and hip-hop lessons at the age of 12. In the meantime, she transitioned to dance cheer and focused on hip-hop dance. She went on to compete in cheer dance with ‘Sharp International’ and ‘Jamz’ and participated in competitions across the US. Once she was in middle school, she went to a famous chorographer’s hip-hop class. This ended up being a turning point in her life. She struck up a great work relationship with the choreographer and continued working with him until November 2018.
- Although famous as a dancer, Mandi Macias had yet to make a name in music. This all changed with the release of her cover of Camila Cabello’s “Crying in the Club” on ‘YouTube.’ The music video released on September 30, 2017, gained more than 84 thousand views, and exposed her singing potential. This launched her music career. She also formed a campaign on ‘Indiegogo’ to get funding for her debut EP. In the campaign, she explained that she was struggling to gather funds for recording sessions and music videos.
- Luckily, people responded and she was able to release her EP ‘Sixteen’ in November 2018. She also released her first official music video, “Obsessed,” on November 25, 2018. The response was positive, and she gained critical acclaim, too. Her songs are characterized by empowering lyrics and awareness about teenage issues such as peer pressure and bullying. “Sixteen,” “Wild Love,” and “Young Girl” are some of the most popular songs from her debut EP. Additionally, she gained sufficient exposure by performing in the music video for “Big Love” by ‘The Black Eyed Peas.’ Inspired by the success, she has since released three more singles. The song “S.I.T.M.F,” in collaboration with rapper Precious Luv, has become an emphatic statement against bullying.
- Mandi Macias also released two versions of her song “Be Like That” in 2019. The second version, a remix featuring Tre Woods, is going up the charts. As she continues to write and record more songs, Macias also performs on live tours. She went on a tour with ‘High School Nation’ and sang at the ‘Girlfriends and Champagne Grammy’ event. As her popularity continues to grow, she has expressed the desire to collaborate with musicians Harry Styles and Taylor Swift.
- Amanda ‘Mandi’ Macias was born on November 25, 2002, in Los Angeles, US. Both her parents are supportive of her career, although their names have not been revealed to the media yet. She has two older brothers and three older sisters. Mandi attends an independent school and is going to become a high-school student in July 2019.
- She has expressed gratitude for her mother; her makeup artist, Marlene; her vocal teacher, Angela; her acting coach, Mykel; and her music producer, AJ Smet for her success.
- Additionally, the young star is also known for her philanthropic nature. In 2018, she was part of the ‘Student of the Year Program’ and raised more than US $38K for charities. She has also worked with the ‘Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’ and is currently working with the charity ‘Operation Gratitude.’ She is reportedly single.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed