Edward Jeffries Biography
Edward Jeffries is a popular Australian actor and director who first came to national prominence with his work in the film ‘Team Orion The Fight For Freedom,’ in which he served as the writer, director, and composer. He played the small role of Colonel Peter Jackson in the film as well. The multi-faceted personality also has a keen interest in music and is a part of the band, ‘The Stars of Orion’, which has released several hit singles and albums till date. Jeffries fell in love with the performing arts as a young boy. During his childhood he used to watch science-fiction movies with great fascination. Teaming up with his friends, he would enact scenes from his favourite movies while playing in the park. As a young adult, he ventured into a full-time career as an actor and director. After a few initial years of struggle, he finally found mainstream success with the film ‘Team Orion The Fight For Freedom,’ which established him as an upcoming talent to reckon with.
- Edward Jeffries was born on August 1, 1987 in Adelaide, South Australia, AU. Details about his parents and family background are not available. As a school student, he was extremely active in co-curricular activities. He was a scout leader and earned several prestigious badges in this capacity. Bright and curious, he loved to learn new skills. His student life gave him ample opportunities to develop his innate creativity. As a teenager, he wrote a musical song titled 'Ms Jessarowski' for a teacher.
- From a young age he knew that he wanted to build a career for himself in the entertainment industry. He went to college and earned certificates in music technical production, business, media, and animation and visual effects.
- Edward Jeffries became serious about his career while he was still in college. He assembled a group of like-minded youngsters and began working on the script which would eventually be used for the film ‘Team Orion The Fight For Freedom.’ Around the same period, he formed his own production company, EJsFilms, with support from his friend John Haydon.
- From 2001-03, he worked as an assistant on the TV series ‘The Saddle Club.’ The same year, he served as a camera operator on the stage production of ‘Living With Lady Mcbeth.’ In 2004, he worked as the lighting and sound designer for the play ‘Cagebirds.’
- In 2006, he released his first independent movie ‘Team Orion TheFight For Freedom’ which helped the upcoming director garner mainstream attention. The movie was watched by over 5 million people across the world. The same year, he appeared as a French waiter in the play ‘Montparnasse 1919.’
- Jeffries also has a deep interest in music and formed the band ‘The Stars Of Orion’. They released their first single ‘Wonderful’ in 2006.
- In 2014, he served as the director, composer, and stereoscopic editor of ‘The South Australian Christmas Lights.’ His more recent works include ‘The Royal Adelaide Show’ (2015), ‘The Port Adelaide Festival’ (2015), ‘The Gumeracha Medieval Fair’ (2016), and ‘Oz Comic Con The Movie’ (2017).
- Edward Jeffries is best known for his independent movie ‘Team Orion The Fight For Freedom’ which was released in 2006. He not only wrote, composed, and directed the film, but also played the role of Colonel Peter Jackson. The movie reached over 5.4 million viewers across Australia and the USA.
- He is also the founder of a musical group called ‘The Stars of Orion’. Besides him, the band includes Jessica Calbert, Laura Bain, Thomas Betts, and Krystle Oldfield in its line-up. They have released quite a few albums and singles till date besides developing music for Jeffries’ independent movies.
- As a teenager, Edward Jeffries dated a girl called Tiffany Blackford. Later, he developed a relationship with Sophie Bennett, the actress who played a young girl called "Stevie Lake" in ‘The Saddle Club.’ The couple broke up in 2005 after four years of dating. He started dating Teryl in 2006.
- His company EJsFilms was the first to stream movies, films, and TV shows in Australia.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed