Bob Morley Biography
Girlfriend: Arryn Zech
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Also Known As: Robert Alfred Morley, Bobby Morley
Born in: Kyneton, Victoria
Famous as: Actor
Notable Alumni: La Trobe University
education: La Trobe University
Bob Morley is an Australian actor. He has acted in several short films, TV soap operas, and films. Morley is famous among the Australian TV viewers, as ‘Drew Curtis,’ of the TV series, ‘Home and Away.’ Morley started his acting career by performing in theatres, during his university days. Later, he acted in several short films, and plays. Morley’s talent was noticed by the casting directors of ‘Home and Away,’ and he was cast in the series. Morley was nominated for the ‘Most Popular New Male Talent Logie Award,’ for his performance. Later, he appeared in several TV series such as ‘The Strip,’ and ‘Neighbours.’ Morley participated in the celebrity singing competition series, ‘It Takes Two.’ He has acted in movies such as ‘Road Train,’ and ‘Blinder.’ Morley currently appears as ‘Bellamy Blake’ in the American TV series, ‘The 100.’ The series has made him popular in the United States too. Bob Morley is also a philanthropist and conducts campaigns to raise funds for charity.
- Bob Morley was born Robert Alfred Morley, on December 20, 1984, in Kyneton, Victoria, Australia. His mother is of Filipino descent, while his father is of Australian-Irish descent. He has two elder brothers, and one elder sister.
- Morley studied drama during his school days. When Morley was around 11, his parents asked him to discontinue drama, as he was not giving due time to his studies. At the age of 12, he moved to Melbourne, to pursue a degree in engineering. But he gave up a year later, and enrolled for ‘Creative Arts,’ at the ‘La Trobe University.’
- Bob Morley started his acting career by performing in the university theatre productions. He acted in short films, and plays such as ‘Falling to Perfect,’ and ‘Tale From Vienna Woods.’ In 2005, Morley acted in a horror movie, ‘Dead Harvest.’ His performance in ‘Angels with Dirty Faces’ was noticed by the casting directors of the Australian TV series, ‘Home and Away.’
- In 2006, Morley got his first big break, when he was selected for the role of ‘Drew Curtis,’ in the Australian soap opera, ‘Home and Away.’ ‘Curtis’ was a stubborn and headstrong character, and Morley performed it brilliantly. He remained a part of the show till 2008. For his performance in ‘Home and Away,’ Morley was nominated for the ‘Most Popular New Male Talent Logie Award.’
- In 2007, Morley participated in the celebrity singing competition series, ‘It Takes Two.’ He was eliminated in the seventh episode of the show. In 2008, Morley played ‘Brendan Langmore,’ in the Australian TV movie, ‘Scorched.’ It was telecast on the ‘Nine Network.’ He played ‘Tony Moretti,’ in the action drama series, ‘The Strip,’ which was also aired on the ‘Nine Network.’ Due to low ratings, the series went off air after a short run.
- In 2009, Bob Morley portrayed ‘Lorca’ in the play, ‘Palindrome for a Dead Poet.’ In 2010, he appeared in an episode of the Australian TV series, ‘Sea Patrol.’ In the same year, he starred in the Australian horror movie, ‘Road Train.’
- In 2011, Morley joined the cast of the Australian TV series, ‘Neighbours,’ as ‘Aidan Foster.’ ‘Aidan’ was the gay partner of ‘Chris Pappas.’ They were the first gay couple to be portrayed on the series. Morley had no inhibitions while playing the homosexual character. He was a part of the show till 2013. In 2013, Morley starred in the Australian movie, ‘Blinder.’ The movie was based on Australian Rules football.
- In 2013, Bob Morley was selected to play ‘Bellamy Blake,’ in the American TV series, ‘The 100.’ It is a science fiction series about a group of teenagers who survive an apocalypse. ‘Bellamy’ is among them. With ‘The 100’ Morley earned a decent following among American TV viewers. The series is still being aired on ‘The CW Television Network.’
- In 2016, Morley appeared in an episode of the Australian TV series, ‘Winners & Losers.’ He won the title of ‘Alpha Male Madness,’ awarded by ‘E! Online,’ in two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018.
- Bob Morley is not married. He was in a relationship with Jessica Tovey for a brief period. They parted ways in 2008. Currently Morley is said to be dating Arryn Zech.
- Morley is a known for his philanthropic endeavors as well. In 2015, he requested his followers to purchase a shirt designed by him, the proceeds of which were to be donated to ‘Beyondblue,’ an organization that supports mental health patients. He conducts campaigns and donates the funds to various charity events. Morley’s fans have formed a ‘Bob Morley Fans Charity Project,’ which auctions signed merchandise, and contributes the funds collected, to organizations such as the ‘ACLU,’ and the ‘Brain and Behavior Research Foundation.’
How To Cite
People Also Viewed