Zulay Henao Biography
Zulay Henao is a Colombian-American actress best known for starring as Esperanza in the Oprah Winfrey Network drama ‘If Loving You Is Wrong’. She is also known for appearing in various films including ‘Illegal Tender’, ‘Takers’, ‘Boy Wonder’ and ‘True Memoirs of an International Assassin’. Born in Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia, she, alongside her family, moved to USA when she was four. Following high school, Henao served in the U.S. Army for three years and attended Methodist College while stationed at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. She later studied acting from the New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts and did a number of odd jobs before kicking off her career as an actress. On a personal note, the gorgeous and talented actress has been dating American model Joel Rush since 2014. She was earlier engaged to actor Terrace Howard. Henao is extremely close to her family and considers it to be her top priority.
- Zulay Henao featured in two small-budgeted films before making her television debut in 2007 with an episode of ‘Army Wives’. That year, she also made a guest appearance in ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’ and also starred in the drama film ‘Feel the Noise’ alongside Omarion, Victor Rasuk, Giancarlo Esposito and James McCaffrey. Then in 2008, she did ‘Grizzly Park’ a horror flick focusing on a group of young adults led by a park ranger. The actress also appeared in the television film ‘Racing for Time’ that year. The movie tells the story of prison guard and coach Sergeant Noel Chestnut and his accomplishments.
- Following roles in the movies ‘Fighting’ and ‘S. Darko’ in 2009, Henao got the opportunity to play Monica Hatcher in the action crime thriller ‘Takers’ that follows a group of professional bank robbers. She next starred in the films ‘Boy Wonder’ and ‘Hostel: Part III’, both of which were released in 2011. While the former is a psychological thriller about vigilantism, the latter is a horror film and the third installment of the Hostel trilogy.
- In 2013, Henao joined the cast of ‘Love Thy Neighbor’ as a series regular. A year later, she began playing Esperanza in the prime-time soap opera ‘If Loving You Is Wrong,’ which also starred Amanda Clayton, Heather Hemmens, Edwina Findley and April Parker Jones. Also in 2014, she had a role in the film ‘The Single Moms Club’ about a group of single moms who create a support group to discuss their problems and solve them. Henao was cast in the action-comedy ‘True Memoirs of an International Assassin’ as Rosa Bolivar. Following guest appearances in the dramas ‘MacGyver’ and ‘Kevin Can Wait’, she joined the cast of the crime drama web TV series ‘The Oath’.
- Zulay Henao was born on May 29, 1979, in Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia. After moving to New Jersey at the age of four, she attended high school there and later enrolled at Methodist College in North Carolina. She then studied at New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts.
- Talking about her love life, Henao was previously engaged to actor Terrace Howard. The two called off their engagement after eight months. In 2014, the actress started dating model Joel Rush.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed