Sunny Anderson Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Also Known As: Sunny
Born in: Lawton, Oklahoma
Famous as: TV Presenter
father: Thomas Anderson
mother: Linda Anderson
U.S. State: Oklahoma
education: Loyola University
awards: Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Informative Talk Show Host
Sunny Anderson is a well-known Food Network personality. She is famous for hosting the food programs ‘How’d That Get On My Plate?’ and ‘Cooking for Real’. She has also served as a co-host for the channel’s food show ‘Gotta Get It’. In the past, Anderson had served in the United States Air Force where she worked as a military radio host. She has also worked as a radio personality at KONO-FM and KCJZ in San Antonio, WJWZ in Montgomery, Alabama, KUMX and WYLD-FM in Fort Polk, Louisiana, WDTJ in Detroit, Michigan and WQHT in New York City. The American beauty, who is a bold and confident lady in real life, is known for her unique cooking style that combines classic comfort foods and distinctive flavours. With an understanding of everyday food requirements and the belief that people deserve delicious meals, Anderson offers tantalizing and tempting food. On a personal note, she grew up as an army brat and is currently single.
- Upon graduation, Sunny Anderson joined the United States Air Force, where she worked as a military radio host in South Korea. From 1993 to 1997, she served at the Air Force News Agency radio and television in San Antonio. Between 1995 and 2001, she also served as a radio personality at KONO-FM and KCJZ in San Antonio, WJWZ in Montgomery, Alabama, KUMX and WYLD-FM in Fort Polk, Louisiana and WDTJ in Detroit, Michigan.
- Soon after this, she began working at WQHT in New York City and served as the channel’s radio personality till 2003. For a few years, Anderson owned the New-Jersey based catering company ‘Sunny's Delicious Dishes’. In July 2008, she got an offer from the Food Network to host its ‘How'd That Get On My Plate?’
- Working with the channel, the American lady also hosted ‘Cooking for Real’ as well as co-hosted ‘Gotta Get It’. In 2006 and 2007, she worked for the ‘Hip Hop Weekly’ magazine as its food and lifestyle editor.
- In January 2014, Anderson became a co-host of the Food Network's show ‘The Kitchen’. She has also served as a guest chef on many news programs and talk shows, such as ‘Good Morning America,’ ‘The View,’ ‘The Wendy Williams Show,’ ‘The Talk’ and ‘The Early Show.’
- Sunny Anderson was born on April 9, 1975 in Lawton, Oklahoma, USA, to Thomas and Linda Anderson. She studied at Madison High School and later on attended the Loyola University. At the age of 19, she was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis.
- Talking about the TV personality’s love life, she was once in a relationship with Henry Martin. Currently, she is supposedly single. Anderson, who loves social media, is active on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram and interacts with her fans through these social media platforms.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed