Shane Harte Biography
Shane Harte is a Canadian actor, singer, and songwriter. He is best known for his portrayal of one of the leading characters in the series ‘Lost & Found Music Studios.’ Before starting his career as an actor, Shane was a singer and had been part of the song ‘Inner Ninja’ by ‘Classified.’ Shane also appeared at the ‘MuchMusic Video Awards’ and at ‘MuchMusic’s ‘New Music Live.’ He started his acting career in 2015, with a recurring role in the Canadian teen-drama series ‘The Next Step.’ Shane played the role of ‘Luke’ in the third season of the show. ‘Good Witch,’ another kids’ series, had Shane playing a recurring role. Since 2016, he has been playing one of the main leads in the series ‘Lost & Found Music Studios.’ The series is a mockumentary and features Shane as ‘Luke,’ a musician. He also contributed to the soundtrack of the series. In 2015, he released two solo singles, ‘Let you Know’ and ‘Left Standing.’
- Shane Harte was born on November 28, 1996, in Brampton, Ontario. He had working parents and an elder sister.
- The Harte family loved music. Shane’s father used to be a musician when he was young, and this contributed to Shane’s obsession of becoming a musician. His elder sister also practiced music on her own. Their parents were extremely supportive of Shane and his sister, and they pushed them ahead to work on their dreams by showing them their own music collections.
- Shane did not have a great time in school. He was bullied quite a lot, which had a very strong impact on his self-esteem. He was very close to his sister, Cora, and she helped him overcome his fears and shyness. When Cora slowly started to shine as a performer, Shane decided to follow in her footsteps and be a musician.
- Shane has been writing songs since the age of 15. Initially, he mostly wrote about his experiences of growing up and getting bullied. In 2015, Shane released his debut song, ‘Let You Know,’ on ‘iTunes.’ ‘Cardinal Point Music’ uploaded the song on their ‘YouTube’ channel. The single was moderately successful and has earned more than 300,000 views to date.
- In November 2015, Shane uploaded another music video on ‘Cardinal Point Music’s channel. This song, ‘Left Standing,’ received far less views than his debut effort. However, he was gradually becoming famous, and this led to a few acting offers, which he accepted.
- In 2015, he made his acting debut with the third season of the Canadian teen-drama series ‘The Next Step.’ It was one of the most successful teen shows on Canadian TV and was shot as a mockumentary. The show was about the conflict between two major dance studios. Shane’s portrayal of ‘Luke’ was widely adored.
- Shane then starred in the first season of a fantasy comedy–drama series, ‘Good Witch,’ in which he played the role of ‘Anthony.’ The series was jointly produced by America and Canada, and this led to a wide-scale broadcast in the US, which helped Shane gain adequate mainstream exposure in the US.
- Since 2016, Shane has been appearing in the Canadian children's series ‘Lost & Found Music Studios,’ which happens to be a spin-off of ‘The Next Step.’ Shane reprised his role of ‘Luke’ in this series. The show’s premise has drifted from its original track, and it now focuses on the internal struggles of teens who love art and have to go against all odds to chase their dreams.
- In 2016, Shane appeared as ‘Darcy’ in the TV movie ‘Ice Girls.’
- Shane Harte and his ‘The Next Step’ co-star Taveeta Szymanowicz are close friends in real life too.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed