Christian Lalama Biography
Christian Lalama is a Canadian singer, musician, YouTuber, and TikTok star who gained fame for his original and cover songs on both TikTok and YouTube. He started showing off his talent for music at the very young age of 10, when he participated and won the Q107.1 radio contest. The contest hosted by famous Canadian artist, Kim Mitchell, made him part of the ‘Kid Mitchell Band’. Simultaneously, he started to focus on his TikTok account and YouTube channel. His singing and piano skills have gained him a fan following of millions, making him one of the rising stars of the Canadian kid pop industry. ‘Shape Of You - Ed Sheeran’ and ‘We Don’t Talk Anymore – Selena Gomez & Charlie Puth’, are two of his most popular covers. Consequently, the young musician has also ventured into creating original music. ‘Tic – Toc’, ‘Helicopter’, and ‘Beautiful’ are some of his best original compositions. Besides music and live shows, Christian also creates vlogs on his channel to remain connected to his fans on a more personal level.
- “My passion is music” – the statement from Christian Lalama has been the motto of his career. With uncles and his father being musicians, he followed in their footsteps. After winning a contest to become part of the ‘Kid Mitchell Band’, Lalama opened a concert for Kim Mitchell in front of ten thousand fans, with covers of songs by Billy Joel and Elton John. Despite his young age, his vocal and piano skills enthralled audiences and the performance made him a fan-favorite.
- Besides performing on solo gigs, Christian also ventured into TikTok. His karaoke covers were liked immensely by fans. The platform increased his popularity and gained him the attention of music lovers. This was a great boost for his career because in September 2015, he started his eponymous YouTube channel. He started on the channel by posting covers of songs like ‘Piano Man’ by Billy Joel and ‘Your Song’ by Elton John. Soon after, his TikTok fans followed him to YouTube. This translated to his channel really blowing up as the cover ‘Burning House – Cam’ received over 148k views.
- Being inspired by modern pop and hip-hop music, Christian Lalama also started doing covers of chart-toppers like ‘Hello – Adele’ and ‘Sorry – Justin Bieber’. His videos were viewed thousands of times and this led to one of his proudest achievements to date. In March 2016, at the age of 12, he sang the Canadian National Anthem ‘Oh Canada’ at The Niagara Ice Dogs (OHL) hockey game. It became clear that the young star was not to be taken lightly when his rendition of ‘We Don't Talk Anymore | Selena Gomez & Charlie Puth’ became a viral hit. With over 1.2 million views, the song went on to become the second most popular video on his channel. It was only surpassed in February 2018, with 1.3 million views, by his cover of the song ‘God’s Plan – Boys Vs Girls’ featuring YouTuber Lexi Drew.
- Although the focus of the channel was primarily on music, Christian also started to post vlogs on his channel around the same time. Funny challenge vlogs like ‘Insane Trampoline Park’ and ‘Morphsuit Challenge - Try Not To Laugh!’ registered thousands of views.
- While his covers have generated millions of views, Christian’s aim remains to be a ‘Grammy Award’ winning original musician. His first original composition released in 2015 was ‘Helicopter’. The upbeat, peppy, romantic number was liked by his fans. 2016 was a massive year for the singer as he went on to release six original songs, including, ‘Burn Down The Lonely Night’, ‘Beautiful’, ‘New Kid In Town’, ‘Last Chance’, ‘Luna’, and ‘Gimme Gimme’. ‘Beautiful’ in particular with profound lyrics like “You will be torn / damaged and scarred / and you will be beautiful” received praise from critics.
- He followed that up with songs like ‘When I’m With You’ and ‘Hot Like A Cigarette’ in 2017. Not being able to capture the success of the previous year, the songs received a mixed reaction from his fans. In August 2018, he released his new single ‘Tic Toc’. Displaying a mix of pop and hip-hop, the song received more than 140k views in a day and might just become one of his greatest hits. Additionally, with a recording contract from ‘Atlantic Records’ the Warner Music Group Company, his star power is on the rise.
- Christian Lalama was born in St.Catharines, Ontario, Canada, on August 25, 2003. He hails from a family of musicians. He has a brother named Matteo Lalama, who aspires to be a professional hockey player and has often appeared in Christian’s YouTube videos. He is currently not in a relationship and goes to a school in St.Catharines, Ontario.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed