Sam Skarsgard Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Born in: Stockholm
Famous as: Actor
Height: 1.96 m
Spouse/Ex-: Pat Metheny
father: Stellan Skarsgard
mother: My Skarsgard
City: Stockholm, Sweden
Samuel “Sam” Kristoffer Ymer Skarsgard is a Swedish physician, actor and production manager. He is a member of the illustrious Skarsgard family, several members of which are involved in the film industry. He is the son of renowned actor Stellan Skarsgard and his first wife, physician My Skarsgard. Actors Alexander Skarsgard, Gustaf Skarsgard, Bill Skarsgard, and Valter Skarsgard are his brothers. He also has a sister named Eija. Having grown up in Stockholm, he followed in the footsteps of his mother to become a doctor, while most of his siblings joined the world of glamour. Sam has appeared in one film to date, the 1987 adventure comedy ‘Jim & piraterna Blom’. He has also served as a production manager on the short film ‘Skuggvärld’ and as a body double for his brother, Gustaf, in the 2002 fantasy thriller ‘The Invisible’.
- Sam is a physician. He works in the Intensive Care Unit in a Stockholm hospital. However, he has been associated with a few films over the years. In 1987, he starred alongside his father in the family adventure film ‘Jim & piraterna Blom’. In the 2002 fantasy drama ‘The Invisible’, he served as the body double for his brother Gustaf. Sam has also worked as a production manager on the short films ‘Att döda ett barn’ (2003) and ‘Skuggvärld’ (2005).
- Sam Skarsgard was born on June 5, 1982, in Stockholm, Sweden. His father, Stellan Skarsgard, has been active as an actor for about five decades. He has garnered fame for his roles like Jan Nyman in ‘Breaking the Waves’ (1996), Prof. Gerald Lambeau in ‘Good Will Hunting’ (1997), Bootstrap Bill Turner in ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest’ (2006) and ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End’ (2007), Bill Anderson in ‘Mamma Mia!’ (2008) and its sequel ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ (2018). He won the Silver Berlin Bear award at the 1982 Berlin International Film Festival for ‘Den enfaldige mördaren’ (1982), the Outstanding European Achievement in World Cinema in 1998 for ‘Amistad’ and ‘Good Will Hunting,’ and the 2010 Amanda Awards (Norway) for ‘En ganske snill mann’ (2010).
- Sam’s mother, My Skarsgard is a physician. Sam is the only one among his siblings to have pursued a career in their mother’s profession. He has four brothers, Alexander, Gustaf, Bill, and Valter, and a sister, Eija. Stellan and My parted ways in May 2007. Two years later, in January 2009, Stellan married his second wife, Megan Everett. Through them, Sam has two half-siblings, Ossian and Kolbjörn.
- Alexander Skarsgard, his oldest brother, first gained international recognition for portraying Eric Northman in HBO’s fantasy drama ‘True Blood’ (2008-14). In the ensuing years, he has appeared in films like ‘Melancholia,’ ‘What Maisie Knew’, ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ and ‘Hold the Dark’. Gustaf, who is younger than Alexander but older than Sam, is currently portraying Floki in History Channel’s ‘Vikings’ (2013-present). Sam is the third child. Bill Skarsgård, Sam’s younger brother, is also an actor and has starred in films like the dystopian thriller ‘The Divergent Series: Allegiant’ and the espionage thriller ‘Atomic Blonde.’ Valter Skarsgård is the youngest child of Stellan and My. As an actor, he has appeared in films like ‘To Kill a Child,’ ‘Arn – The Knight Templar’, and ‘Arn – The Kingdom at Road's End’. Sam’s only sister, Eija, is a former model.
- According to Alexander, the Skarsgard family is like a community. While he and his siblings were growing up, the household fuelled their creativity. They have spoken a lot about their family life. Their parents regularly hosted dinner parties in their house and they often had guests living there.
- Sam is married to a woman named Pat Metheny. She has appeared alongside her husband and the rest of the Skarsgård family at various events.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed