Valter Skarsgård Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Famous as: Actor
father: Stellan Skarsgård
mother: My Skarsgård
Valter Skarsgård is a Swedish actor best known for playing prominent roles in films like ‘To Kill a Child,’ ‘Arn – The Kingdom at Road’s End,’ and ‘IRL.’ Valter is the youngest son of famous Swedish actors, Stellan Skarsgård and My Skarsgård. Following in his parents and elder brothers’ footsteps, Valter made his acting debut as a child actor in 2003, in a film titled ‘Detaljer.’ In the same year, he played the lead in a short film, ‘To Kill a Child.’ Apart from appearing in short and feature films, Valter has also played important roles in TV series and music videos. He is also quite active on social media with more than 25,000 followers on Instagram, and over 10,000 followers on his verified Twitter account.
- Valter Skarsgård was born on October 25, 1995 in Stockholm, Sweden. He was raised along with his older siblings – Gustaf, Alexander, Bill, Sam, and Eija. Valter spent his childhood mostly with his siblings as his father would often travel because of his work. His mother, on the other hand, was mostly unavailable due to various reasons, forcing the siblings to take care of each other. Valter went to ‘S: t Eriks gymnasium,’ a well-known high school in Stockholm. Since he was born into a family of actors and entertainers, he was exposed to the glitz and glamor of the showbiz quite early in his life. Since his older brothers were already into acting, Valter too got interested towards a career in the field of entertainment.
- Valter made his acting debut at the age of eight in a film titled ‘Detaljer.’ Interestingly, he played the younger version of the character portrayed by his older brother, Gustaf. Thanks to Valter’s impressive performance in the film, he was subsequently roped in to play a prominent role in a short film titled ‘To Kill a Child,’ which won a couple of awards at the 2003 ‘Odense International Film Festival.’ In 2007, he was cast along with his father in an ambitious epic film titled ‘Arn – The Knight Templar.’ The following year, he reprised his role in the film’s sequel ‘Arn – The Kingdom at Road’s End.’ He made his television debut in 2012, with a prominent role in the teen drama series, ‘Portkod 1321.’ Valter appeared in six episodes in the series.
- Valter Skarsgård received his big breakthrough in 2013, when he was cast to play one of the lead roles in a teen drama film titled ‘IRL.’ The film saw Valter playing the role of Elias, a troubled high schooler. In 2013, he appeared in Emil Hero’s music video, ‘Love,’ which also featured Ledvig. In 2014, he once again appeared in a music video titled ‘Keep that dream Alive,’ which was released by Swedish musical duo, Vinsten. In the same year, he reprised his role in the sequel to the 2012 TV series, ‘Portkod.’ In 2016, he played Lippi in the Scandinavian TV series, ‘Black Lake.’
- In 2018, he was cast in three feature films, namely ‘Lords of Chaos,’ ‘Innan vintern kommer,’ and ‘Fun House.’ In ‘Fun House,’ which was directed by Jason William Lee, Valter played the lead role of Kasper Nordin.
- Many of Valter’s family members have made a name for themselves in the field of acting. While his father Stellan Skarsgård is a popular Hollywood actor, his mother, My Skarsgård, has appeared in a number of Swedish films and TV series. All his older brothers have appeared in films and television series and they all are famous in their own right. His sister Eija Skarsgård is a former model and is currently working as a nightclub manager in Stockholm. Valter also has two half-siblings named Ossian Skarsgård and Kolbjörn Skarsgård from his father’s second marriage with Megan Everett. Valter is active on social media. While his Instagram page has more than 25,000 followers, he has more than 10,000 followers on his verified Twitter account.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed