Paul Wahlberg Biography
Born in: Dorchester, Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Famous as: Chef & Reality TV Star
father: Donald Wahlberg
mother: Alma Wahlberg
children: Ethan Wahlberg, Madison Wahlberg
U.S. State: Massachusetts
Paul Wahlberg is an American chef, actor and a reality TV star. He is the younger brother of popular American actor, Mark Wahlberg, and together with Donnie, the third Wahlberg brother, the brothers run a very successful restaurant franchise titled ‘Wahlburgers’. The Wahlberg family is closely knit and all the three brothers, along with their other siblings, appear in the show ‘Wahlburgers’ which happens to be a very popular American television reality show. The show features behind the curtains of what happens in the Wahlburgers as Donnie and Mark as owners and Paul as the head chef. Wahlburgers is a bar and a casual restaurant serving mostly fast foods and some exquisite cuisines from different parts of the world. The original location of the restaurant is Boston and it enjoys quite a lot of popularity. Apart from being a head chef of one of the most popular American dining places, Paul Wahlberg has also been seen trying his hand at acting with films such as ‘Max Payne’ and ‘The Happening’. Before he became one of the owners of Wahlbergs, Paul also happened to own a restaurant called Alma Nove, with his brothers, with the name reflecting the love brothers have for their mother.
- Born on 20th March, 1964 in Boston, Paul is one of the nine Wahlberg siblings. His parents are Alma McPeck and Donald Wahlberg. Two of his most famous siblings are Mark and Donnie Wahlberg. His father served as a delivery driver and was a war veteran, while his mother was a clerk. Although the parents got divorced in 1982, Wahlberg family is quite closely knit, which also showed later in life when they opened a dining place together.
- As a kid, Paul would help his mother in the kitchen with the dishes and this is how his first tryst with food happened. He developed quite a knack for cooking and would experiment with new stuff, which impressed his mom quite a lot, who later advised him to become a chef.
- Paul learned the family values being a part of a massive family; his father had 9 children from two marriages. When their father died in 2008, the Wahlberg family became closer than ever.
- Paul Wahlberg started his catering career back in high school and worked as a caterer. He then went on to take professional training in culinary and started working as a chef, preparing menus for several big and small restaurants in Boston. Eventually, he got hired as a caterer in two of Mark Wahlberg’s movies and also provided food on the sets of many other popular films.
- Mark and Donnie came ahead to help Paul in opening his own restaurant and the first of the many restaurants named ‘Wahlburgers’ was opened in Hingham, MA, on the location of an already existing restaurant operated by Paul.
- For the second Wahlburgers, the brothers went international and opened a restaurant in Toronto, Canada which opened in November 2014. The brothers are planning to open several more restaurants, with 7 of them proposed to be launched in the New York City alone.
- On January 22, 2014, a reality TV show started airing by the name ‘Wahlburgers’. The show premiered on A&E network and airs behind the scene glimpse in the working process in Wahlburgers restaurants. The show stars Donnie and Mark Wahlberg, along with the head chef Paul. The series has received a moderate critic rating, but the audience’s affection towards the Wahlberg family has enabled the show to run for seven seasons and the latest season will have its premier this year.
- The family is the owner of another restaurant ‘Alma Nove’, which they started prior to the inception of Wahlburgers. The name is derived from the name of their mother, whose first name happened to be Alma.
- Although Paul is a reality TV star, he prefers to keep his personal life away from the limelight. He has a wife and two children named Madison and Ethan Wahlberg. Apart from that, Paul has never been seen in public with any woman, nor has he openly admitted dating anyone.
- Paul loves his children and says that it is up to them whether they want to follow their Uncle’s footsteps to become an actor or their father’s.
- One of his sisters, Debbie Wahlberg, died in 2003 which made Paul depressed. He says that it was one of the saddest times of his life as he was close to his sister. But his family held him tight and he managed to come out of the phase.
- As of June 2017, Paul Wahlberg’s net worth is USD 1.5 million.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed