Sun Sign: Aries
Also Known As: Miranda May Kerr
Born in: Sydney
Famous as: Model
Spouse/Ex-: Orlando Bloom
father: John Kerr
mother: Therese Kerr
siblings: Matthew Kerr
children: Flynn Christopher Bloom
City: Sydney, Australia
Founder/Co-Founder: KORA Organics
education: All Hallows' School
Humanitarian Work: Celebrity associated with charitable organizations like ‘Wildlife Warriors Worldwide’ and ‘Children International’.
Miranda May Kerr is a popular name and a renowned face in the international fashion realm. She is an Australian model and embarked on a modelling career when she was in her early teens. She won a local modelling contest and realised her true calling eventually pursuing her career as a model. At the very beginning of her career, she gained much popularity as a model in Australia. Miranda’s ambitions to reach heights in her profession, made her travel to New York. This decision proved to be a well-made and rewarding one because she never had to look back after that. This beautiful lady has been much admired and many huge and popular brands sought after this model to assign her for their campaigns. She has worked for big brands like Levi's, Reebok, Rock and Republic, Harper’s Bazaar, Blumarine and Veet. The project which became a benchmark in her career is when she signed with the lingerie brand ‘Victoria’s Secret’. She follows a strict dietary and exercise regime which keeps her fit and makes her look gorgeous. She has appeared on the cover of famous magazines and has won many accolades as a model till date. This supermodel has a long way to go.
- She was born to John Kerr and Therese Kerr on 20th April, 1983, in Sydney, Australia. She grew up in the Gunnedah town of New South Wales. She has a brother named Matthew.Later, the Kerrs shifted to Brisbane in order to expose Miranda and Matthew to city life. There she enrolled at the ‘All Hallows’ School’ from where she completed her graduation in 2000. Her subjects were health psychology and nutrition.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- As soon as she entered the teenage, she emerged as a winner at the ‘Dolly Magazine’ modelling competition. She then launched into a modelling career and signed contract with the Australian clothing company ‘Billabong’.After gaining much fame as a model in Australia, she then moved to New York in 2004, where she co-owned the music venue ‘Bowery Ballroom’ located in Manhattan. She was also engaged in runway modelling and then she entered into a contract with the modelling agency ‘NEXT Model Management’.This zoomed her modelling career as she worked with major brands like ‘Nicola Finetti’, ‘Alex Perry’, ‘L.A.M.B.’, ‘Baby Phat,’, ‘Bettina Liano’, ‘Heatherette’, ‘Blumarine Swimwear’, ‘Neiman Marcus’, ‘Rock and Republic’ and ‘Levi's’.She was also signed for print media by renowned magazines such as Australian ‘Vogue’, ‘Elle’ ‘Harper’s Bazaar’. She also appeared in ad-campaigns for television such as ‘Bonds’, ‘Veet’ and ‘Portmans’.She was seen in the reality show ‘Project Runway’ where she modelled in the clothes designed by one of its contestants Daniel Vosovic.Her first modelling assignment in the United States was with the ‘Maybelline New York’. This advertisement featured in many fashion magazines such as ‘Elle’, ‘Cosmopolitan’, ‘CLEO’ and even in catalogues of the biggest American lingerie brand ‘Victoria’s Secret’.She appeared in Kayne West and Pharrell’s music video ‘Number One’ along with several other models of ‘Victoria’s Secret’ and ‘NEXT’.Continue Reading BelowIn 2007, she earned a contract with the brand ‘Victoria’s Secret’ and became the first Australian to avail this opportunity. Becoming a Victoria’s Secret Angel gave an immense boost to her career in the fashion industry. She also replaced Alessandra Ambrosio as the face of ‘PINK’.For four consecutive years, she was seen on the television version of ‘Victoria’s Secret’ runway shows, which were telecast in as many as four continents.She then signed a contract with the clothing retailer brand ‘Arden B.’ which is based in California. She shot ad-campaigns with this brand for the spring, summer and winter season. Her photographer for these campaigns was Diegop Uchitel.This gorgeous model also appeared in the television series ‘How I Met Your Mother’ along with fellow models Marisa Miller, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Selita Ebanks and Hiedi Klum.She worked with the cosmetic and skincare brand ‘Clinique’ and also signed a contract with the ‘David Jones’ (DJs) which is a departmental store chain of Australia.In 2009, she worked with the American clothing brand ‘XOXO’ and later, parted ways with ‘NEXT Model Management’ agency to collaborate with ‘IMG Models’ which tops international model management agency list.She appeared on the July 2009 cover of the ‘Rolling Stone Australia’ magazine where she posed for a nude picture. She participated in the year’s annual fashion show of ‘Victoria’s Secret’. Her skincare products brand ‘KORA Organics’ was also created the same year.She again posed undressed for the ‘Rolling Stone Australia’ magazine in an attempt to bring peoples focus to the endangered species of koalas in 2009.Continue Reading BelowIn 2010, she published her book ‘Treasure Yourself’, which was a self-help book, intended for teenage girls. The same year, she was featured in the ‘Pirelli Calendar’ which was shot in Bahia, Brazil and the snaps were clicked by fashion photographer Terry Richardson.She was also chosen by fashion designer and casting directors Nicolas Ghesquière and Ashley Brokaw to feature in the spring runway show of the French fashion house ‘Balenciaga’.She also walked the ramp for the 2010 winter collection of design company ‘Prada’. She later, did ad-campaigns for companies like ‘Prada’ and, ‘Jil Sander’ and also appeared in the cover page of the ‘Vogue’ magazine’s Italian edition.After conceiving her baby, she posed for the ‘Vogue’ magazine’s Australian edition ad became the first pregnant model to do so. She resumed modelling in March 2011, two months after her child was born. She walked the ramp during the ‘Paris Fashion week’ for ‘Balenciaga’.In 2012, she became the ambassador of the ‘Qantas Airways Limited’ and the same year, she entered into a contract with the fashion company ‘Samantha Thavasa’ and appeared in the endorsement of ‘Malissa’, a bag produced by this company.The same year, she was signed by the clothing design company ‘Mango’ in which she succeeded model Kate Moss for the for the 2013 spring/summer campaign.In 2013, her contracts with ‘David Jones’ and ‘Victoria’s Secret’ was over and the deals were not renewed. The same year, she worked in the winter campaign of the company ‘Swarowski’ and also appeared in the first national campaign of the website ‘ShopStyle’. She also worked with big brands such as ‘H&M’, ‘Reebok and Wonderbra’.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- In 2007, she was chosen by the major lingerie brand ‘Victoria’s Secret’ and this became a milestone in her modelling career. She is the first Aussie model to be named a ‘Victoria’s Secret Angel’.Awards & Achievements
- Since 2009, every year she has been securing a rank in the ‘FMH’ magazine’s list of ‘100 Sexiest Women’.In 2012, she was named the ‘Sexiest Woman Alive’ by the ‘Esquire’ magazine’s U.K. edition.Personal Life & Legacy
- Since 2003, she was in a relationship with Australian model Jay Lyon who was also a member in the ‘Tamarama’ band. However, their relationship ended after four years.After a courtship of about three years, Miranda and British actor Orlando Bloom married in 2010. The couple was blessed with a son whom they named Flynn Christopher Blanchard Copeland Bloom.However, in 2013, the news of their separation was made public and soon after, the two separated.She follows a healthy way of life which involves yoga and a healthy diet.Net Worth
- According to Celebrity NetWorth this supermodel has an estimated net worth of $35 million.Trivia
- She acknowledges the use of coconut oil as a reason behind her flawless skin, healthy hair and hour-glass figure.
How To CiteArticle Title- Miranda Kerr BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/miranda-kerr-6156.phpLast Updated- July 27, 2017
People Also Viewed