Kyung Soo-jin is relatively a newcomer in the South Korean film industry and is best known for her performances in television series like ‘Man from the Equator’, ‘That Winter, the Wind Blows’ and ‘Shark’. She debuted as a lead actress with the television drama ‘TV Novel: Eunhui’. All her performances till date have been received well by the audience and hence the experts have predicted a bright future for her in the industry. Apart from television, Kyung has done a few feature films and has taken part in various reality shows. In her short career span, Kyung has already bagged a few awards and most of them have been won under the Best Debutant category.
- Kyung was born on December 5, 1987 in Incheon, South Korea.Though Kyung is pretty famous among the South Korean TV and movie enthusiasts, not much is known about her early life and education.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- She enrolled herself in an event organizing and modeling agency, Starhaus Entertainment. She was groomed and trained under the in-house academy and eventually became part of some modeling and advertisement campaigns.Once she was done with her training, Kyung started off her career as a model, but soon got her break as an actor in a television series.She was featured in the music video for the track ‘Like a Man’ from the album ‘Eye to Eye’. The album released in 2011. The same year she featured in two more music videos for ‘Right Now’ from the album ‘Soul Star’ and ‘Flowing Tears’ sung by Jung Yeop.The very next year, she was offered a role in an upcoming television series.Recommended Lists:
- Man from the Equator – This family drama aired its first episode on March 21, 2012 on channel KBS. Kyung made her full-fledged acting debut with this television drama in which she played the younger version of the female protagonist. The series was later aired internationally as it managed to enter the households of Philippines and Japan.The King's Doctor – Kyung appeared in a minor role as a princess in this period television series. Its first episode was aired on October 1, 2012.That Winter, the Wind Blows – Kyung once again appeared in a cameo role in this romantic drama series. She played the wife of the male protagonist, who dies in a road accident, leaving his pregnant wife in a sticky situation. The series aired its first episode on February 13, 2013.Continue Reading BelowDon't Look Back: The Legend of Orpheus – Kyung played the youngerversion of the female lead, the daughter of a rich hotelier. This family drama series showed various emotions involved in revenge and brotherhood. The series was initially named ‘Shark’. It aired its first episode on May 27, 2013 on channel KBS2.TV Novel: Eunhui – This is the first television series where Kyung played the lead role. The drama is set up in the era of Korean Civil War where a village girl, Kim Eun-hee, played by Kyung, is disdained by the villagers. This series helped Kyung to stand under the spotlight. The series aired its first episode on June 24, 2013 on KBS2.Plus Nine Boys – Kyung appeared in her next series with this romantic television drama. Kyung played Se-young, the love interest of her office colleague with a Casanova image. After airing its first episode on August 29, 2014, the series failed to impress the audience.House of Bluebird – Kyung starred in this rom-com series in which she played Kang Young-joo. For the first time, Kyung portrayed a soft-spoken teacher who later becomes a scriptwriter. The series aired its first episode on February 25, 2015 on channel KBS2 and received an average rating of 24%.Entourage – Kyung made a guest appearance as Seung-hyo in the tenth episode of this comedy series. The series aired its first episode on November 4, 2016. It received very low ratings due to its content.Running Man – Kyun made a guest appearance in this popular South Korean reality game show. She first became part of the show in 2014 and then reappeared in 2016 for a single episode.Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo – For this series, Kyung once again appeared in the main cast. She played a silver medalist gymnast of Asian Games who undergoes relationship trauma due to her professional commitments. The series crashed and received extremely poor ratings.Meloholic – Kyung is the protagonist in this upcoming dark romantic television series. She will be seen playing a mysterious girl with split personality disorder. The series will start from November 6, 2017 on OCN.Films
- How to Use Guys with Secret Tips – Kyung made her debut in films by playing a cute and innocent girl. The film released on February 14, 2013.Mourning Grave – Kyung appeared in a cameo role in this horror film, released in 2014.Horror Stories 3 – This movie is the third installment of the horror series with the same name. Kyung was part of the cast for the segment ‘Road Rage’. The film released in 2016.Awards & Achievements
- 27th KBS Drama Awards (2013) – Kyung bagged her first award under the category Best Debutant of the Year for her performance in the series ‘TV Novel: Eunhui’. She also won an award for ‘Don't Look Back: The Legend of Orpheus’.Twenty second Korea Culture and Entertainment Awards (2014) – Kyung once again won the Best New Actress Award for the series ‘Plus Nine Boys’.
How To CiteArticle Title- Kyung Soo-jin BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/kyung-soo-jin-34431.phpLast Updated- October 18, 2017
People Also Viewed