Nationality: South Korean
Sun Sign: Virgo
Born in: Toegyewon-myeon, Namyangju
Famous as: South Korean Actress
Notable Alumni: Chung-Ang University
education: Chung-Ang University
awards: Baeksang Arts Award for Most Popular Actress in Film
Kim So-eun is a South Korean actress, known for playing the supporting role of Chu Ga-eul in the television drama‘Boys Over Flowers’. She made her acting debut in the 2004 film ‘Two Guys’, while she was still pursuing her school education. She then appeared in minor roles in television dramas like ‘Sisters of the Sea’, ‘Sad Love Story’and in films like ‘Two Guys’ and ‘Family Matters’. She gained popularity for her portrayal of the younger version of Hwangbo Soo in the period drama ‘Empress Cheonchu’. For this role, she received professional training in horse riding and archery. She is also famous for the portrayal of her character in the romantic comedy series ‘He Who Can’t Marry’, which is the remake of a Japanese drama titled ‘Kekkon Dekinai Otoko’. She hasappeared in music videos for artistes such as SHINee and 8Eight, and has also featured in magazines like Allure Korea, Vogue Korea, Harper’s Bazaar and Elle Girl Korea.
- Kim So-eun was born on 6th September, 1989 in Gyeonggi Province, Namyangju, South Korea. Apart from the fact that she has a younger sister, not much about her early life and family is known.She studied at the Chung-Ang University, a private institution in Seoul.During her childhood,she was a national athlete and used to train professionally as a skier and skater. However, in 2003 her training was put on indefinite hold after being scouted as a professional model from a junior advanced skating and snowboarding competition, held at Pyeongchang in Gangwon Province.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Her popularity rose after portraying the role of Kwon Oh-bok in the 2010 television drama series ‘A Good Day for the Wind to Blow’. She then went on to appear as Woo Joo-mi in the weekend television drama ‘A Thousand Kisses’. This program explored issues related to age differences in relationships.In 2012, she appeared in three television programs: ‘Secret Angel’ as Angel L, ‘Happy Ending’ as Kim Eun-ha and ‘Horse Doctor’ as Princess Sukhwi. That same year, she performed in ‘Music and Lyrics’, a reality show in which an actress and a male musician collaborate to create the lyrics and music for a song.Thus Kim and Lee Jun-ho of 2PM (boyband) composed a song titled ‘Love is Sad’ which was then recorded by Lee and then released as a single, featuring in the soundtrack of ‘Feast of Gods’.After acting in ‘Horse Doctor’ she performed as Kim So-eun, a timid girl who gets invited to a high school club and meets with fantastic missions in every episodes, bringing out her bright and lively personality.Then she played the lead role of Nam Da-jung in the television drama ‘Liar Game’. She played the role of an innocent college student who passes a hidden camera audition, andthen gets invited to join a reality show ‘Liar Game’, which is a psychological survival game where participants trick each other in order to survive andto win the prize money.In 2014, she acted in the horror film ‘Mourning Grave’, in which she plays the role of a ghost who befriends a high school boy named Kang Ha-neul who can see ghosts. Kim also joined the fourth season of ‘We Got Married’, a reality show in which she was paired with Song Jae-rim. This not only heightened their popularity as an on-screen couple but also helped her to advance significantly as an actress.In 2015, she starred in the romantic film ‘Sky Lantern’in which she played the role of a young lantern designer, trying to move on after losing a loved one. This was a Korean–Chinese co-produced film and she starred opposite Taiwanese singer-actor Aaron Yan.Continue Reading BelowIn the same year, she performed in a web drama titled ‘Falling for Challenge’, created by Samsung. The show became one of the most watched dramas with over 20 million views. The story is about a timid but bright boy Na Do-jeon who works part time as a Pierrot clown and a girl named Ban Ha-ha, played by Kim, who dreams of starting her own food truck. These two characters meet and start a relationship while trying to prevent the closure of One Plus hobby club, a placeinstrumental in them falling in love with each other.Kim also acted in the 2015 television series ‘Scholar Who Walks the Night’in which she played dual roles as a nobleman’s daughter and the past love of a vampire.In recent months, she played the main role of Shin Gap-soon in the television drama ‘Our Gap-soon’ and also took part as a contestant in ‘Battle Trip’, which is a competition between two groups of celebrities, who travel to places based on the topics assigned to them. Theygive viewers travel information and some amazing tips. In this reality show the winner is chosen by the viewers, who vote for their favourite celebrities.It was confirmed on 24th July, 2017 that she would act as a protagonist in KBS drama titled ‘You’re Closer than I Think’ which also stars Lee Sang-yeob. The drama went on air in September 2017.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Awards & Achievements
- Kim won the 2009 Arirang TV 1000th Episode Poll’s Best Couple Award for ‘Boys Over Flowers’ and KBS Drama Awards as Best New Actress for ‘Boys Over Flowers’, ‘He Who Can’t Marry’ and ‘Empress Cheonchu’.She also won 2012 MBC Drama Awards as Best New Actress for ‘Horse Doctor’ and 2014 MBC Entertainment Awardas New Star of the Year and Best Couple Award for ‘We Got Married’. Kim also received SBS Drama Award under theSpecial Acting Award category for‘Our Gap-soon’.Personal Life & Legacy
- Kim So-eun has kept her personal life discreet and hence there is no information available about her present or past relationships. At present, she is totally focussed in developing her career.Trivia
- Kim proved that she is still interested in skating by appearing in the 2012 instructional videos for Hongcheon’s Vivaldi ski resort.She has endorsed products of Clean and Clear, Samsung Anycall, Maxim Coffee, Clinique cosmetics, Hyundai, Bonjuk Food Chains etc.Kim is a regular supporter of art films, eco-living and youth activism. She served as a goodwill ambassador for: Korea International Youth Film Festival and University Fashion Week in 2009, Jeonju International Film Festival in 2011, the Golden Cinema Festival and the Green Film Festival.
How To CiteArticle Title- Kim So-eun BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/kim-so-eun-34293.phpLast Updated- October 09, 2017
People Also Viewed