Kamryn Beck Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Kamryn Elizabeth Beck
Born in: Ohio
Famous as: Dancer
father: Charles Beck and Kent Gray (step-father)
mother: Jodi Gray
siblings: Brittany (sister), Krystal (sister)
U.S. State: Ohio
Kamryn Elizabeth Beck is an American dancer. She is most popular for her appearance on the season 4 of Lifetime's reality television series, ‘Dance Moms’. Dancing since the age of three, she grew up only hours from the Abby Lee Dance Company. When she and her mother came to know about the audition opportunity for the ALDC’s junior select ensemble competition team, they decided to take the chance and Kamryn went in for an audition. She was selected and subsequently was announced as Chloe Lukasiak’s competitor. In the following years, she has also performed with Krystie's Dance Academy, Studio Bleu Dance Center and Pulse Dance Studio. Since her ‘Dance Moms’ appearance in 2014, she has been honing her craft and has accumulated a modest following on various platforms of social media. She has more than seven thousand followers on Twitter, over two thousand followers on Facebook, and an impressive 330 thousand followers on Instagram.
- Kamryn Beck’s interest in dancing developed rather early with the full support from her parents, especially her mother, who not only encouraged her to pursue her chosen field but also accompanied her to various competitions.
- She began dancing at the age of three and has since won numerous competitions, including Starpower Talent Competition in Detroit, Michigan in 2008, StarSystems Dance Competition in Youngstown, Ohio in 2009, Starpower Talent Competition Nationals in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in 2010, and StarQuest Dance Competition in Buffalo, New York in 2012.
- After residing for years only a few hours from the Abby Lee Dance Company, she and her mother got the news that the dance company was holding an audition for their ALDC's junior select ensemble competition team. Beck gave a successful audition and was picked by Abby Lee Miller as Chloe Lukasiak’s competitor.
- Lifetime’s ‘Dance Moms’ is a reality television series where mothers compete to prove that their respective daughter is the most talented dancer. Kamryn and her mother Jodi were competitors in the show’s season four, which aired in 2014. Her first appearance was on the episode ‘Guess Who’s Back’. She appeared in five more episodes and ended up losing to Lukasiak who took the first place while Beck captured the third position.
- Kamryn Beck was born on February 25, 2000, in Ohio to Jodi Gray and Charles Beck. After her parents’ divorce and her mother’s subsequent remarriage to Kent Gray, she moved to Lancaster, Pennsylvania to live with her mother and stepfather. Beck has two sisters, Brittany and Krystal.
- Beck previously attended Ephrata Middle School in Pennsylvania until April 2014, but in order to keep up with ‘Dance Moms’ hectic schedule, her parents decided to home-school her through Ephrata Virtual Academy.
- Beck had become fast friends with fellow ‘Dance Moms’ star Kaeli Ware during their days on the show. Even after the season ended, they have managed to maintain the friendship.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed