Nicole Laeno Biography
Nicole Laeno is an American dancer, actress, model and blogger who is best known for appearing on the reality dance competition show 'Dance-Off Juniors' and the YouTube Red original web series ‘Hyperlinked’. She appeared on ABC dancing alongside singer Mariah Carey for her holiday special and has been featured on music videos by renowned artists like Will.i.am, Black Eyed Peas, Us The Duo and Matt Steffanina. She has appeared as a kid host in a number of 'LEGO Build Zone' videos throughout seasons three to five, unboxing and reviewing new LEGO products alongside other kids. As a model, she is signed with The Movement Talent Agency and has worked on ad campaigns for brands, such as H&M Clothing, Albion Fit, Flexi Lexi, Heely's and Sugar Reign. She has appeared as a dancer on Mackenzie Ziegler's 'Teamwork' music video and has done a video shoot with her for her new line with retailer Justice. In 2017, she performed at Millennium Dance Complex. She has also danced for 'Unity in Diversity'.
- Nicole Laeno first began dancing at the age of four, when her mother put her in a dance club, but she was shy and cried so much in almost every class that her parents were forced to take her out. She then focused on soccer and became a girl scout. Her parents decided to put her into a dance class again when she was seven. It was not better this time, as she started crying again. However, her parents convinced her that they would take her out of the class once she finishes the first month. Interestingly, by the time the month ended, she had discovered her passion for dancing after taking a hip-hop class.
- At the age of nine, she became the youngest member ever to be accepted into Fusion Studios' Advanced Dance Competition Team. She was selected as a contestant on the ‘DanceOn’ series 'Dance-Off Juniors' on the second episode of the first season of the show in early 2016, which was her first professional job. At the age of 10, she competed against 11-year-old Brooklyn Bustamante and 12-year-old Tahani Anderson, for a chance to win $5,000.
- In late 2016, she launched her acting career after being cast in the recurring guest role of Harlie on the American musical autobiography web television series ‘Hyperlinked’, featuring the music group L2M. It was produced exclusively for YouTube Red and filmed at YouTube headquarters. She appeared on three of the ten 22-minute episodes: ‘Ticket Giveaway’, ‘Three's a Crowd’ and ‘Dance It Off’. Her popularity further grew after she received Hollywood Vibe's ‘Regional Dancer of the Year’ award in 2016-17. She has been awarded numerous scholarships and holds the Bravo overall solo championship.
- Nicole Laeno was born on December 8, 2005 in Bellflower, California to Noel and Linda Laeno. Her full name is Nicole-Noel Pham Laeno. She has an older brother named Christian, who is two years older than her, and she also mentions her pet dog Sadie as her ‘sister’. Her mother is Vietnamese and her father is Filipino, however, she can only speak English fluently, and knows a little bit of those languages. The family has relocated to Los Angeles to accommodate her demanding schedule. She loves kids and wanted to be a pediatrician when she was younger. She began her sixth grade education in school on September 7, 2017.
- While Hip Hop and Jazz Funk are her favorite dance styles, she also loves Contemporary, Jazz, Lyrical, Modern, Ballet and Musical Theatre, and has experience in all dance genres. Her other hobbies include making slime and taking photographs.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed