Aniyah Inman Biography
Aniyah Inman is an American dancer, who gained popularity for being one of the contestants in the 13th season of Fox’s television dance competition show, ‘So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation’. A native of Nevada, she relocated to California in the early years of her life and was raised there. Gifted with inherent athleticism, she has always aspired to become a dancer. Inman received her training at the Elk Grove dance studio KAST Academy. She is also affiliated with ImmaBEAST Dance Company. Besides appearing in ‘So You Think You Can Dance’, she has also been part of Lifetime’s reality television series ‘Dance Moms’. In the recent years, she has been participating in various dance competitions.
- Aniyah Inman gained popularity after competing in the show ‘So You Think You Can Dance.’ In the 13th season of the show, the producers decided to try a new format, in which all the contestants would be between the ages of eight and 13 at the time of their auditions. The season was named ‘So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation’ and it premiered on May 30, 2016, on Fox. The auditions were previously held in Los Angeles, California on 27 February; Chicago, Illinois on 11 March; and New York City, New York on 18 March.
- Inman was still 13 at the time of the auditions and living in Sacramento, California. It is likely that she auditioned in Los Angeles. Besides Inman, another KAST Academy student, Romeo Blanco, auditioned for ‘So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation’. They both successfully made it to the next round. However, neither of them appeared on the screen during the audition round.
- In episode four, Inman made it into the top 50 and was picked by Comfort Fedoke to be part of her team alongside four other contestants. In the following episode, she performed a hip hop routine with fellow contestant Sage Rosen. While she progressed to the top 30, she was eventually eliminated after performing a contemporary routine.
- Besides ‘So You Think You Can Dance’, Inman has reportedly appeared on ‘Dance Moms’. She has revealed that she has been trained in gymnastics and was an all-star cheerleader. She is primarily a hip hop dancer but has also become adept in other dance forms, including ballet, contemporary, jazz, lyrical, and musical theatre. Since her appearance in ‘So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation’, she has taken part in various competitions. Inman is very active on social media, especially Instagram, where she has several thousand followers. She is still part of Elk Grove dance studio KAST Academy and has also joined Los Angeles based ImmaBEAST Dance Company.
- Aniyah Inman was born on March 23, 2002, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Not long after her birth, her family moved to California, where she and her younger brother are being raised. Inman has always wanted to be a dancer. At some point, she started attending dance classes at the Elk Grove dance studio KAST Academy.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed