Claire Holt Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Also Known As: Claire Rhiannon Holt
Born in: Brisbane, Queensland
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Matthew Kaplan (m. 2016; separated 2017)
father: John Holt
mother: Ann Holt
siblings: David Holt, Madeline Holt, Rachel Holt
Partner: Andrew Joblon (2017–present; engaged)
City: Brisbane, Australia
education: Stuartholme School
Claire Rhiannon Holt is an Australian actress best known for her role as Samara Cook in the TV series ‘Pretty Little Liars.’ She is also quite famous for portraying the character of Rebekah Mikaelson on The CW series ‘The Vampire Diaries’ and its spin-off series ‘The Originals.’ Primarily a TV actress, she has also done a few films, such as ‘Blue Like Jazz’ and ‘47 Meters Down.’ Looking at her successful acting career today, one might think that this lady was meant to be an actress, but surprisingly, she never planned on becoming one! A studious as well as an athletic girl in school, she was more interested in academics and sports rather than acting. She initially aspired to be a doctor and took up acting assignments only to earn some money. However, she soon developed a passion for acting and decided to pursue it professionally. She bagged her first major TV role as a teenager and since then, there has been no looking back for this talented actress!
- Claire Holt started doing commercials while she was in high school to earn some money. A brilliant student, she actually looked forward to pursuing a career in medicine. However life had other plans for her and she bagged the role of "Emma Gilbert" in the Network Ten children's television series, ‘H2O: Just Add Water’ when she was in her late teens. The series became a super-hit and she ended up playing the role in 51 episodes across two seasons. She left the show after season 2 to make her film debut. Her first movie, ‘Messengers 2: The Scarecrow,’ a supernatural horror film, was released in 2009.
- In 2011, she appeared in the television movie ‘Mean Girls 2’ as Chastity Meyer. The same year, she played the recurring role of Samara Cook in the TV series ‘Pretty Little Liars.’ The year 2011 was a very productive one for the young actress. She started portraying the character Rebekah Mikaelson in the TV series ‘The Vampire Diaries’ the same year as well. She then proceeded to reprise the role of Rebekah in ‘The Vampire Diaries’ spin-off series ‘The Originals’ in 2013.
- Meanwhile, she played a main role in the film ‘Blue Like Jazz’ (2012) which was based on Donald Miller's semi-autobiographical book of the same name. In 2015, the actress started acting in ‘Aquarius,’ a period crime drama television series created by John McNamara for NBC. Despite receiving critical acclaim and the Critics' Choice Television Award for Most Exciting New Series, it was cancelled after two seasons in October 2016.
- Claire Holt starred in the British survival horror film ‘47 Meters Down’ which was released in 2017. Written by Johannes Roberts and Ernest Riera, and directed by Roberts, the film proved to be a hit, grossing over $11.5 million on its opening weekend itself. As of June 2017, Holt is all set to star in ‘The Divorce Party,’ an upcoming romantic comedy film directed by Hughes William Thompson that will also feature Thomas Cocquerel and Matilda Lutz.
- She was ranked No. 33 on Examiner.com's list of ‘The 100 most beautiful TV women of 2012.’ The same year, she was also ranked No. 15 on The CW's list of 20 Hottest Women.
- Claire Holt was born in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, on 11 June 1988 to John and Ann Holt. She has three siblings, Rachel, Madeline, and David Holt. She attended the Stuartholme School in Toowong from where she graduated in 2005. As a young girl, she was very athletic and was involved in several sports like volleyball, water polo, and swimming. She also has a black belt in Tae-Kwon-Do. A multi-talented girl, she even sang in the school choir.
- She dated Matthew Kaplan for a long time before getting engaged to him in July 2015. They got married in April 2016. However, the marriage was very short-lived and the couple broke up within a few months.
- Claire is best friends with fellow actress Phoebe Tonkin.
Claire Holt Movies
1. Blue Like Jazz (2012)
2. 47 Meters Down (2017)
(Adventure, Horror, Thriller, Drama)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed