Courtney Eaton Biography
Courtney Eaton is an Australian actress and model, best known for appearing in films such as ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ and ‘Gods of Egypt.’ Born and raised in Bunbury, Australia, Courtney became a model by accident. Courtney signed up with ‘Vivien’s Models’ and was nurtured as a model until she turned 16. She also attended acting workshop as a part of her model nurturing program. At the age of 19, she made her acting debut in the action drama film ‘Mad Max: Fury Road,’ where she played ‘Cheedo the Fragile.’ The post-apocalyptic film was a huge critical and commercial success. In 2016, she was signed to play one of the main roles in the period fantasy epic film ‘Gods of Egypt.’ The film was panned by critics but became a commercial success. Courtney has also appeared in films such as ‘Newness’ and ‘Status Update.’ Apart from her acting work, she also works as a model.
- Courtney Eaton was born on January 6, 1996, in Bunbury, Western Australia. Her father, Stephen Eaton, works as an IT manager. She has English ancestry from her father’s side while Chinese, Maori, and Cook Island Maori from her mother’s.
- She attended Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School. She had never thought about pursuing modelling until she turned 11.
- While attending a fashion graduation at school, she was spotted by Christine Fox, the head of Vivien’s Models, one of the biggest modelling agencies in Australia. She wanted to sign Courtney for her agency, but her father did not approve initially, as Courtney was too young at that time.
- Upon learning that Courtney will begin modelling only after she turns 16, he gave the permission. Until then, she was nurtured by ‘Vivien’s Models’ to become a super model.
- The agency’s model nurturing program also included training in acting, as acting in commercial advertisements came with modelling. As a result of the training, she began taking interest in acting apart from the regular modelling work, and began auditioning for acting offers.
- She began modelling at the age of 16, and became a part of many modelling campaigns. After leaving ‘Vivien’s Models’ for a short time, she joined ‘Next Models,’ another major modelling talent agency.
- Apart from doing swimsuit modelling for the brand ‘Tigerlily,’ she walked the ramp for the ‘Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week’ in Australia, in 2013.
- She left her modelling job to find work in films and television. She auditioned for a supporting role in the 2015 film ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ and got the role of Cheedo the Fragile, the youngest wife of Immortan Joe, the villain. Although her role was small, but the film’s huge commercial and critical success benefitted the entire cast and crew, including her. She was nominated for a ‘Gold Derby Award’) for ‘Best Ensemble Cast.’
- In the same year, she played a key role in the Video short ‘R5: All Night.’
- In 2016, she got another major career breakthrough with the period fantasy drama film ‘Gods of Egypt.’ In the film, she played a slave girl named ‘Zaya.’ The film was promoted in a big way, but it could not meet the expectations. It proved a critical disaster and a moderate commercial success. Her association with such a huge project helped Courtney find a footing in the industry.
- In 2017, she played the lead role in the romantic drama film ‘Newness.’ The film premiered at the ‘Sundance Film Festival’ and received positive reviews. It was only a moderate commercial success though. In the same year, she played an unnamed lead girl in the Video short ‘Angus & Julia Stone: Chateau.’
- In 2018, she appeared as one of the leads in the comedy romance drama film ‘Status Update.’ The film did not receive a wide release and was released on ‘video on demand,’ shortly after its theatrical release.
- In the same year, she appeared playing the lead role in the science fiction thriller film titled ‘Perfect’. The film was met with bad reviews and its commercial performance also remained below average.
- Apart from her acting projects, she has appeared on many television shows, including ‘Up Close with Carrie Keagan,’ ‘Made in Hollywood,’ and ‘The Five Wives: So Shiny, So Chrome.’
- She is also a long term brand ambassador of the Australian clothing brand ‘Bonds.’
- Courtney Eaton dated her ‘Status Update’ co-star Ross Lynch for sometime. However, there has been no confirmation regarding the same from either side.
- Courtney had not followed any Mad Max movie ever, even when she earned a role in ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’. Her father was huge fan of the series.
- Courtney began working early and did not study further after her high school. However, she emphasizes on the importance of education and urges her fans to attend school.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed