Beatriz Souza Biography
Beatriz Souza, also known as Bia, is a Brazilian socialite who is best known as one of the girlfriends of Brazilian football legend Ronaldinho. While Souza has been snapped with the footballer since 2016, she recently made news headlines after reports spread that the former footballer, who had been living "harmoniously" with two of his girlfriends, Beatriz and Priscilla Coelho, is planning to get married to both of them at the same wedding event very soon. However, as soon as the news spread on major news outlets and tabloids, on May 25, 2018, Ronaldinho vehemently denied the reports stating that he is not getting married at all, and termed it the "biggest lie".
- Beatriz Souza came to media attention after she was spotted with Ronaldinho in 2016. Since then, she has been photographed with him at various events, including a recent trip to Japan with his samba music band in March 2018, photos and videos of which the footballer himself had shared on his Instagram account. The news that she is sharing his coastal mansion in Rio with another of Ronaldinho’s girlfriend, Priscilla Coelho, since December 2017, also found its way to several tabloids earlier this year. Most recently, in late May 2018, it was revealed that the legendary footballer is engaged to both of his girlfriends and is set to marry both, which sent the media in a frenzy to gather the details of the relationship.
- Beatriz Souza is originally from Belo Horizonte, Brazil and is 30 years old; however, not much is known about her early life or family background.
- Beatriz Souza reportedly first met Brazilian footballer Ronaldinho back in 2016. incidentally, he had played for club Atletico Mineiro in Belo Horizonte, where she is from, between 2012 and 2014. Priscilla Coelho, his other girlfriend, is also from the same region and had become involved with him at the time he played for the club. While it is not known if he knew Beatriz then, both she and Priscilla are reported as close friends who move in the same social circles in the city.
- According to some, Ronaldinho began dating Beatriz at a time when his relationship with Priscilla was going through a rough patch, but decided to continue both relationships once he made up with her. Both the girls live in his mansion in Rio and reportedly get an allowance of £1,500 each month to spend as they wish. They also accompany him to events all over the world, the most recent one being his tour to Japan with his samba music band in March this year. As per reports, he treats both of them equally and also buys the same gifts; for instance, he recently gave both his girlfriends the same perfume during a overseas trip they took together.
- Ronaldinho reportedly asked both of them for their hands in marriage in January 2018 and gave both of them engagement rings. Reports suggest that he is planning to get married to both the girls at the same private wedding ceremony inside the Santa Monica condominium in the Barra da Tijuca district in Rio de Janeiro in August 2018. Media outlets have also confirmed that Ronaldinho's neighbour, Brazilian singer Jorge Vercillo, will perform at the wedding event, which will be attended by several of his close friends. However, on May 25th, the footballer issued a statement denying all the reports about his impending marriage and mentioned that "I'm not going to get married, it is the biggest lie."
- After it was reported that Ronaldinho is engaged to both his girlfriends Beatriz Souza and Priscilla Coelho, and is planning to get married to both, it created a lot of controversy as polygamy is illegal in Brazil. His sister Deisi, who also works as his press coordinator, has already confirmed to Brazilian columnist Leo Dias that she is against polygamy and won't be attending her brother's wedding. Previously in April, a family friend of Priscilla told Brazil’s Extra newspaper that her parents were planning to confront the footballer after learning that "every present he gives to Priscilla, he also gives to the other girl." They also mentioned that the reports were harming her reputation and that she almost lost her job at a mining company. Moreover, Ronaldinho, who is considering a career in politics and joined centre-right party the Brazilian Republican Party (PRB), is expecting backlash from party supporters for his "unorthodox lifestyle choices" as party insiders are concerned that it might affect their chances in the upcoming elections.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed