Dayane Silva Biography
Dayane Silva is a former Olympic gymnast from Brazil, who is more famous for being the wife of MMA legend Anderson Silva. Anderson who gained fame for being the longest reigning ‘UFC Middleweight Champion’ has been married to Dayane for almost a decade. Even though he is constantly in the spotlight, Dayane prefers to keep a low profile. She has reiterated many times that her belief in god keeps her grounded, and she is thankful for having such a wonderful family. Her humility is especially surprising, as she herself was a successful gymnast. What is even more impressive that Dayane is also an expert in ‘Jiu-Jitsu’ and ‘Taekwondo’. Although she prefers staying away from the media glare, she constantly shows her support for her husband through her social media accounts, especially Instagram. Her feed mostly features images of Anderson Silva and all her children, showcasing their achievements. Simultaneously, she is also becoming a lifestyle icon, thanks to her glamorous posts and inspirational messages on the photo-sharing app.
- Not much is known about Dayane Silva’s early athletic career, as she prefers to keep her personal life hidden from the prying eyes of the media. However, she represented Brazil as a rhythmic gymnast during the 2000 and 2004 ‘Olympic Games’. Although she didn’t win any medals for her country, competing in Olympics is no small feat for an athlete.
- Dayane met Anderson Silva when he was beginning to be recognized as a promising MMA fighter in 1992. She was reportedly 13 years old, while he was 17 at that time. Anderson Silva gained instant fame after he beat Hayato Sakurai on August 26, 2001. Soon, he was fighting for ‘Pride Fighting Championship’ and ‘Cage Rage’ and by the end of 2006, he had become an international MMA superstar. Following that, his relationship with his partner Dayane also came in the spotlight. Although Dayane was rarely seen on the ringside, her presence in Anderson’s life had become his greatest motivation.
- Anderson Silva debuted in ‘UFC’ on June 28, 2006. ‘UFC’ is arguably the biggest MMA promotion in the world, as millions of dollars are invested and earned in these fights. After he won the ‘UFC Middleweight Champion’ on October 14, 2006, he became a household name in the US. When Dayane expressed her support and pride for her man on social media, America also fell in love with her beauty and grace. Anderson went on to create MMA history by becoming the longest reigning ‘UFC Middleweight Champion’ (2457 days). As he often thanked his wife for supporting him, the media attention on Dayane started to increase more and more. However, she chose to maintain a lifestyle away from the media glare.
- In recent years, Dayane Silva has become some sort of a social media influencer and fashion icon in Brazil. Her Instagram posts, which initially just featured images of her husband and family members, now include her sporting beachwear, lingerie, trendy dresses and gym wear. In addition to this, she also posts inspirational messages on her Instagram feed. These messages are mostly meant to inspire self-confidence among her followers, as she continues to advise everyone to accept themselves for who they are.
- While Dayane Silva has never been directly involved in any public controversies, she often finds herself at the receiving end of the trash talks that are part of ‘UFC’ fighters and their partners’ lives. Before ‘UFC 148’, Chael Sonnen who was about to fight Anderson Silva made a controversial comment about Dayane. Sonnen said during a promotional interview: “You tell Anderson Silva that I’m coming over, and I’m kicking down his backdoor and patting his little lady on the ass, and I’m telling her to make me a steak, medium-rare just how I like it.” Anderson went on to defeat Sonnen via TKO. After that fight, Dayane Silva responded to Sonnen’s trash talk with dignity, stating: “Come on, Chael. You can come to the barbeque. You just can’t touch my butt. For me, it was Anderson’s best victory. Chael shouldn’t have talked about me. It was the worst thing he did.”
- Dayane Silva was born on December 15, 1977 in Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil. She married Anderson Silva in 2011 after a courtship of more than two decades. They have five children together. Their sons are named Kalyl, Joao Vitor and Gabriel; whereas their daughters are called Kaory and Kauana.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed