Aine Coutinho Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Born in: Brazil
Famous as: Philippe Coutinho's Wife
Height: 1.72 m
Spouse/Ex-: Philippe Coutinho
father: Jose Airton
mother: Ines Maria
siblings: Aire (sisters) and Antonio, Becca, Carol
children: Maria Coutinho (daughter), Philippe Coutinho Jr. (stepson)
Aine Coutinho, née de Sousa, is the wife of Brazilian footballer Philippe Coutinho. Philippe plays as an attacking midfielder or winger for the Brazilian national team as well as for the Spanish club, Barcelona. A native of Brazil, Aine met Philippe at a mutual friend’s party when they were both teenagers. In time, a relationship developed between the two and she started living together with Philippe and his parents. In 2008, Philippe was bought by Italian football giant Inter Milan from his old club Vasco da Gama and it became effective from July 2010. He was subsequently joined in Italy by Aine and his parents. In 2012, during Philippe’s tenure for Espanyol as a player on loan, Aine was separated from him for a brief period. The couple eventually reunited and married in December 2013. She has since given birth to their daughter and moved, along with her husband, first to Liverpool and then to Barcelona. Aine is quite popular on various platforms of social media. She has over 450 thousand followers on Instagram and more than 12 thousand followers on Twitter.
- Aine was born on March 31, 1993, in Brazil to Jose Airton and Ines Maria. She has three sisters, Becca, Carol, and Aire, and one brother, Antonio. Little is known about her childhood. She was introduced to her future husband by a mutual friend at a party in 2007. They were both 14 years old at the time. Their relationship developed from there. Aine apparently asked Philippe if he wished to be her boyfriend. She attended the University of São Paulo, pursuing a degree in economics.
- Philippe Coutinho Correia is a Brazilian professional footballer, who serves as an attacking midfielder or winger for his current club Barcelona and the Brazilian national team. He has emerged as one of the most talented stars in recent years. He grew up in Rio de Janeiro and demonstrated his prodigious skills as he came up through the youth system of Vasco da Gama, a Brazilian football club based in his native city. He originally joined Inter Milan, an Italian club based in the city of Milan, in 2008, but continued to play for Vasco as a player on loan for the following two years.
- In 2010, he debuted for Inter Milan and was subsequently hailed as the club’s future. He was there for two seasons, appearing in 28 matches and scoring three goals. In 2012, he was loaned to Barcelona based professional football club RCD Espanyol, for whom he appeared in 16 matches and scored five goals. In January 2013, the English Premier League Club Liverpool managed to sign Philippe for £8.5 million and it was in Anfield that his career really took off. The fans of Liverpool soon fell in love with him and his signature passing, dribbling, bending long-range strikes. They dubbed him ‘The Magician’, a nickname that was soon taken up by his teammates. He was included in the 2015 PFA Team of the Year, which prompted the Brazilian football legend, Pelé, to state that Philippe has a “great future”.
- By the time he came to Barcelona as a transfer in January 2018, he had become the third most expensive player in the world with the Spanish club reportedly paying $170 million as the transfer fee for him. Philippe played 152 games for Liverpool and scored 41 goals. He has appeared in 21 matches to date for Barcelona scoring nine goals. Philippe is also a quintessential member of the Brazilian national team. In the past, he had been part of Brazil’s U17 and U20 teams and had scored three goals in five matches for the former and three goals in seven matches for the latter. Since 2012, he has been playing for the main team and has appeared in 42 matches, scoring 12 goals. He was a member of Brazil’s 2018 World Cup squad.
- Since the beginning of Philippe’s career, Aine has been with him in every juncture of his career. They grew up in the same neighbourhood, which enabled them to see each other often and gradually establish a strong bond. While Philippe was playing in Italy, Aine moved in with him and his parents. She also later started accompanying him in his trips. Her relocation to Italy affected her studies as she had to quit school. They got married on December 13, 2012. Their daughter, Maria, was born on December 22, 2015. Philippe also has a son, Philippe Coutinho Jr., reportedly from another relationship.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed