Cristina Greeven Cuomo Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Born in: New York
Famous as: Wife of Chris Cuomo
Spouse/Ex-: Chris Cuomo (m. 2001)
father: Rainer Greeven
mother: Regina Greeven
children: Bella Cuomo, Carolina Regina Cuomo, Mario Cuomo
U.S. State: New Yorkers
education: Cornell University
Cristina Greeven Cuomo is an American media personality and entrepreneur, best known for being the wife of CNN News anchor Chris Cuomo. She started her career as a writer and magazine editor before working for some of the most renowned publishing houses. During her stint as an editor at ‘Gotham’ and ‘East End of Long Island’s Hamptons Purist’, she not only helped the publications evolve creatively but also profit financially. She later launched her own website and journal that primarily publishes wellness and lifestyle content. Through ‘The Purist’, Cristina strives to motivate her readers to lead a healthy and positive lifestyle. Her knowledge and experience in the wellness sector have earned her an ambassadorship of a world-class skincare brand, Natura Bisse. Cristina has three children with her husband Christopher Cuomo.
- Cristina Greeven Cuomo was born on 12 January 1970 in New York, USA to Rainer Greeven, an attorney, and his wife Regina. She has Brazilian and German ancestry from her father and mother’s sides, respectively.
- Cristina spent her childhood in New York City and Southampton, Long Island. She first attended the 'Chaplain School' in New York, before enrolling in the 'Cornell University' for her higher studies. She always had a flair for creative writing, which she turned into a profession after growing up.
- Cristina Greeven Cuomo’s career began soon after she graduated from the 'Cornell University'. She worked as a writer and magazine editor for a publication in New York City and then served as the vice chairman for 'Niche Media LLC.'
- In 2001, she collaborated with the American publisher and entrepreneur, Jason Binn, and helped him publish 'Niche'. At 'Niche,' she handled the departments of marketing, event promotions, advertising and editorial.
- Cristina was the editorial director of the entertainment and lifestyle magazine, 'Hampton', and its sister publication, 'Gotham.' Both the magazines are part of 'Niche.' Cristina is the founder of the lifestyle magazine 'Manhattan File.' She also served as the publisher and editor-in-chief of the journal for seven years.
- After working for various media organizations for years, Cristina eventually launched her own website 'The Purist' (thepuristonline.com). It is primarily a space for wellness-related content.
- Cristina has always been a student of nutrition and her website posts a lot of content on this subject. Not just physical wellness, but 'The Purist' also focusses on mental well-being as well.
- In 2018, she launched the luxury magazine, 'Hamptons Purist,' headquartered in the East End of Long Island. A number of celebrities, including Naomi Watts, Rachel Weisz and Julianne Moore, have been graced on the cover of this magazine.
- Cristina recently starred in a pro female empowerment ad for 'Delta'. She also featured in an ad campaign for the app-based helicopter service, 'Blade.’
- In 2007, she was honoured with the ambassadorship of an international line of skincare products called 'Natura Bisse.'
- Cristina once worked for the publisher 'Modern Luxury.' Unfortunately, 'Modern Luxury' downsized and centralized its services, due to which she along with many of her staff members were fired. She later accused the publishing house of plagiarism.
- Cristina Greeven Cuomo is married to the CNN News anchor Christopher Cuomo. Her husband currently presents 'Cuomo Prime Time' on CNN, but he earlier used to host ‘Good Morning America’ and '20/20' for ABC News.
- Cristina and Christopher first met each other in 1998 at a party, and they began to date soon afterwards. After courting of some years, the couple decided to tie the knot. They got married on 24 November 2001 in a Catholic ceremony at the 'Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary Catholic Church’, Southampton.
- The couple is blessed with two daughters, Bella and Carolina Regina; and a son, Mario. The family lives in the Upper West Side of New York.
- While Cristina is a media personality and the wife of a celebrity, she has a sizable social media presence thanks to her sophisticated and impeccable dressing sense. Her favourite shopping spots are 'Haute Hippie' in Southampton, J. Crew and 25 Park in Bridgehampton.
- She is an advocate of nutritious diet and her website is full of healthy and delicious recipes. Her favourite date night dish is zucchini florets stuffed with ricotta and fried in olive oil.
- After staying together for over two decades, Cristina and Christopher were recently reported to have faced an issue in their married life. In early 2018, some websites reported that the couple was heading for a divorce.
- The sources claimed that the couple's marital life had taken a tumultuous turn because of Christopher's sexual orientation. However, the duo revealed that they were not contemplating to split up, and the rumour was baseless.
- Cristina Greeven Cuomo's grandfather was Germany’s minister of state, who had founded the 'Orient Express,' a long-distance passenger train service.
- Her sister Andrea Greeven Douzet is the former publisher of 'Beach and Manhattan' magazine.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed