Zach King Bio
Who isn’t familiar with the works of Zach King? Going bonkers on Vine, with his creative and ‘magical’ six second tricks, this social media star has made millions only by clinging to his passion. He owns a YouTube channel called ‘ZachCutKing’ where he posts challenges and video tutorials on filmmaking. His videos have exceptional effects, earning him millions of fans. His talent has taken him places, winning him awards such as the ‘Hewlett-Packard’ commercial contest and YouTube’s ‘NextUp Creator Contest.’ He also competed in ‘The Amazing Race’ with his wife. Zach has over 4 million followers on his Vine account and 1.2 million followers on YouTube. But Instagram has made him a sensation with over 17 million supporters and followers. He also has Twitter and Facebook accounts with an equally large fan base. In 2013, he was placed in the 25 most promising filmmakers of the generation. His perseverance has landed him great projects working in Hollywood films. For Zach it is his dream come true!
- Zach was just a little boy when he realized he loved filming and proceeded to make his first video at the age of seven. He used to film his two younger sisters, who didn’t quite like their director who was most of the time mad at them. At the age of 14 he received his first computer and by 2008, he was already creating videos and uploading them on YouTube. He met VFX Bro while in university. Both lived in the same dormitory and their friendship kick-started into something so grand, that within weeks their videos had a million views! He started his own channel in order to provide free training for filming. But gradually he started making money off of it. He soon started using the money to organize seminars and pay for his studies. One of his most viewed YouTube video is ‘Jedi Kittens’ that was followed by two sequels ‘Jedi Kittens Strike Back’ and ‘Jedi Kittens with Force.’ Collectively the series of videos have over 45 million views. It was in 2013 that he joined Vine and began uploading unique and creative videos. He created vines almost daily and began making a huge income. He even appeared on the ‘Ellen DeGeneres Show’ and made numerous vines with the crew there. Crediting his talent, he was offered work in short movies such as ‘The Last Word’ in 2013, ‘Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark’ in 2014 and in 2016, he voiced the ‘Muzzled Wolf’ in the Disney movie ‘Zootopia.’Recommended Lists:
- Cool and composed, Zach King is a tireless worker. His hard work and weeks of sleepless nights owning to his projects, reflect in the quality of his videos. He maintains a casual and humble demeanor, and he is very rooted. A loving family man, he loves being around his wife and parents. He is a visionary; as a child he had dreamed of becoming a filmmaker and has strived to reach where he is today. Zach is also equally determined. When he didn’t receive admission into the film school program of Biola University, he got into music and then began attending film making classes. At the end of his final year, he altered his major and passed out of the University with a Cinema and Media Arts degree.Recommended Lists:
- Zach loves spending time with his family when not filming. He is currently living in Los Angeles with his wife, Rachel Holm. Most of his time is dedicated towards learning new special effects and making his videos better, even when he isn’t filming for his videos. He loves pets, especially dogs and fishes. Apart from that, Zach is also a trained pianist, as a child he used to train for 3 hours a day. He also loves food cooked by his mother. He calls her the best cook in the world who can preparedelicious meals at the drop of a hat!
- Born in Portland, Oregon, to a Chinese-American father and American mother, he grew up in a family of mixed culture. He has two younger sisters from his biological parents. The three of them were homeschooled by their mother. They also had a pet dog, Lucy, and a goldfish. Later his family moved from the city to the countryside, where he was raised on a farm. His parents felt that their family wasn’t still complete, and hence flew to China where they adopted a girl, Katie. With Katie by their side, the family lives happily. Zach attended High school and then went on to study at the Biola University. He married Rachel in 2014. The couple is presently living in Los Angeles where Zach is working; they have been happily married for the last two years.
- Zach King began filmmaking at the age of seven!
Zach King Fans Also Viewed