Zac Vran Biography
Zac Vran is a Canadian actor, dancer, and choreographer, best recognised for featuring as Hunter in the ‘Family Channel’ aired Canadian single-camera tween drama television series, ‘The Next Step’. Trained in different styles of dancing and performing from the age of just 3 years, Vran has come a long way in proving his mettle. At age ten he played Harry in a stage production of the musical, ‘Oliver,’ at the ‘Vancouver Playhouse.’ He remained a lead dancer during closing ceremony of the ‘2010 Winter Olympics.’ The only season of the Canadian reality talent show series, ‘Canada's Got Talent,’ saw him participating as part of the dance crew, ‘FRESHH,’ who emerged as the runner-ups of the show. Other television appearances of Vran, apart from starring in ‘The Next Step,’ are ‘Frequency,’ ‘11.22.63,’ and the movie ‘Britney Ever After’. Vran has also opened for several artists.
- Vran was introduced to dance by his mother at a tender age. He began performing when he was just three years old and took training and also competed in different forms of dancing. These include tap, ballet, modern, jazz, contemporary and hip-hop. The closing ceremony of the 2010 Winter Olympics, held at the BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, on February 28, 2010, saw him performing as the lead dancer. He competed in the only season of the Canadian reality talent show series, ‘Canada's Got Talent,’ and as a member of the dance crew, ‘FRESHH.’ The show premiered on March 4, 2012, on the Citytv network. During the first Week (April 2–3, 2012) of the competition, the group received largest number of votes and made their way to the finals. They finished as runner-ups in the show. He has opened for many artists, including for pop singer Carly Rae Jepsen at the Rogers Arena in Vancouver. His dancing endeavours also include performing in corporate and private events, choreography and teaching workshops.
- He portrayed Harry in the ‘Vancouver Playhouse’ stage production of the famous musical, ‘Oliver,’ when he was ten years old. He appeared in the April 2012 premiered music video of the song, ‘If It Gets You Where You Wanna Go,’ by Canadian country rock artist Dallas Smith.
- Moving on, he got the most notable role of his career so far - that of Hunter in the Canadian television series ‘The Next Step,’ shot in a dramatic mockumentary style. Starting from the second episode of the Season 2 titled ‘My Boyfriend's Back,’ Vran has featured in 37 episodes of the series till 2015. The popular series, broadcast in more than 120 countries, has garnered him widespread recognition.
- He appeared in a single episode of the drama mystery television mini-series ‘11.22.63’ titled ‘The Truth’. The episode was aired on March 14, 2016. That year on December 7, he also featured in an episode titled ‘Gray Line’ from the drama fantasy mystery television series ‘Frequency’. He played the character of JC Chasez in the biographical drama television movie ‘Britney Ever After’. The movie that gives an account of the life and career of singer Britney Spears was released in the US on February 18, 2017. The June 27, 2017 aired episode of the comedy crime drama television series ‘iZombie’ titled ‘Looking for Mr. Goodbrain, Part 2’ featured him in the role of Dance Patron #1.
- Zac Vran was born on June 9, 1996, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Not much is known about his family background, parents, early life and education. He has a younger brother, Ethan. He once mentioned having a celebrity crush on Selena Gomez. ‘Where the Wild Things Are’ is his favourite book. Vran has two cats - Lola and Dexter. He has garnered decent popularity on Instagram where his account, ‘zac_vran,’ has over 110 K followers.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed