Vince Vaughn Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Also Known As: Vincent Anthony Vaughn
Born in: Minneapolis
political ideology: Republican Party
Spouse/Ex-: Kyla Weber (m. 2010)
father: Vernon Vaughn
mother: Sharon Eileen DePalmo
siblings: Valeri Vaughn, Victoria Vaughn
children: Lochlyn Kyla Vaughn
City: Minneapolis, Minnesota
U.S. State: Minnesota
education: Lake Forest High School (1988)
Tall, handsome and well built, Vince Vaughn is an actor who could have easily been typecast as an action hero had it not been for his consistent efforts to try out different roles. The versatile actor is as talented as he is good looking and has effortlessly played romantic leads, action hero and mentally deranged psychopaths with the same elan. Born into a well-to-do family he had a comfortable childhood—but could not find the excitement he longed for. He developed an early interest in theatre and that was what he longed to do. As a student he was not at all interested in studies and considered himself average. A chance to appear in a television commercial for Chevrolet motivated him to try his hands at acting. The confident youngster moved to Hollywood only to find himself struggling for work. Even though he made his film debut in 1993 he would not find mainstream success till years later. It was his role as Trent Walker in the comedy drama ‘Swingers’ that got him widespread fame. In spite of not being a commercial success the movie changed his fortune as Steven Spielberg decided to cast him in the mega movie ‘The Lost World: Jurassic Park’ which set the momentum for his career.
- He was born as Vincent Anthony Vaughn to Sharon Eileen and Vernon Vaughn. His mother was a real-estate agent cum stockbroker while his father was a salesman. He has two sisters and had a comfortable upbringing.
- He graduated from Lake Forest High school in 1988. He used to play several sports like football, baseball and wrestling. He was interested in theater from a young age and decided to become an actor even before completing high school.
- He got an opportunity to appear in a television commercial for Chevrolet in 1988. Inspired by this incident he packed off and left for Hollywood to become an actor.
- He began his acting career in television in 1989 by appearing in episodes of the series ‘China Beach’ and ’21 Jump Street’. However, these roles were very minor and the aspiring actor struggled to find work.
- He made his film debut in 1993 playing Jamie O’Hare in the sports film ‘Rudy’. He met Jon Favreau on the sets of the film and the two became good friends.
- He appeared alongside with Favreau in the 1996 comedy-drama film ‘Swingers’ in which he played a struggling actor, Trent. The film was a big critical success though it could not do well commercially.
- The famous director Steven Spielberg was impressed by Vince’s performance in ‘Swingers’ and cast him in the movie ‘The Lost World: Jurassic Park’ in 1997. His role as Nick Van Owen got him widespread exposure.
- Now that he was more popular, he got several movies offers in 1998: ‘A Cool, Dry Place’, ‘Clay Pigeons’ and ‘Psycho’. Unfortunately, none of these films performed well and the disheartened actor took a short break from acting.
- He returned to action in 2000 with the psychological thriller ‘The Cell’ as FBI Agent Peter Novak, which also co-starred Jennifer Lopez.
- In 2001, he co-produced and starred in the comedy ‘Made’ which was written and directed by his friend Jon Favreau.
- He starred along with Luke Wilson and Will Ferrell in the 2003 comedy film ‘Old School’ in which he played a thirty-something depressed man seeking to re-live his college days. The film was a big commercial success and gave a boost to his faltering career.
- In 2005, he appeared as Jeremy Grey a divorce mediator in the romantic comedy ‘Wedding Crashers’. The film received positive reviews and was also a box office hit.
- He was cast opposite Jennifer Aniston in the 2006 romantic comedy drama ‘The Break-Up’ which went on to become a big commercial success in spite of getting negative reviews.
- He produced or co-produced a lot of movies during the later part of the decade, the major ones being ‘Fred Claus’ (2007), ‘Four Christmases’ (2008) and ‘Couples Retreat’ (2009).
- His more recent movies include ‘The Dilemma’ (2011), ‘Lay the Favorite’ (2012) and ‘The Internship’ (2013).
- ‘Wedding Crashers’ is his best known movie which won him several nominations and awards. His portrayal of an unrepentant womanizing divorce mediator was highly appreciated.
- He won the MTV Movie Award for Best On-Screen Team for ‘Wedding Crashers’ in 2006 which was shared with Owen Wilson.
- He along with Jennifer Aniston was awarded the Teen Choice Movie Award for Choice Chemistry for ‘The Break-Up’ in 2006.
- He once dated his co-star Jennifer Aniston but they broke up after a short relationship.
- He married Canadian realtor Kyla Weber in 2010 and has two children with her.
- He is a sports enthusiast and loves watching baseball and hockey matches.
- His father has made cameo appearances in some of his films.
Vince Vaughn Movies
1. Into the Wild (2007)
(Drama, Adventure, Biography)
2. Hacksaw Ridge (2016)
(Biography, History, Drama, War)
3. Rudy (1993)
(Sport, Drama, Biography)
4. Dragged Across Concrete (2018)
(Action, Crime, Mystery, Drama, Thriller)
5. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)
6. Wedding Crashers (2005)
7. Swingers (1996)
8. Old School (2003)
|2006||Best On-Screen Team||Wedding Crashers (2005)|
|2007||Favorite Leading Man||Winner|
|2006||Favorite On-Screen Match-Up||Wedding Crashers (2005)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed