Ray Diaz Biography
Nick Name: Mundi
Sun Sign: Leo
Born in: Key West, Florida, U.S.
Famous as: Actor, Model
U.S. State: Florida
education: The William Esper Studio, New York City
Ray Diaz is an actor who began his career as a model in New York. As luck would have it, his first modeling audition happened to be for a National Macy’s commercial! Soon, a rewarding career blossomed with Diaz being represented by a prestigious modeling agency, Wilhelmina, in New York City that led to him being the face of many popular brands such as Calvin Klein, Cosmopolitan, and Reebok. Ray Diaz soon shifted to Los Angeles to take up acting as well. He is best known for his role of Nicholas Reyes in the series, ‘East Los High,’ which is a reality and drama TV series. It was aired on the Hulu channel. Few people find it easy to become a star and Diaz is no exception. He reached where he is now only because of his sheer hard work and perseverance and still has newer heights to reach. He had to face a lot of struggles while growing up, which only increased his determination to realize all his dreams. His draws motivation from his teacher, Chris Holder, who used to say, “Less is more but only when you create the more to show less of.” That is sound advice indeed!
- Ray Diaz began modelling in New York and made a move to Miami to take it up seriously. His big break happened when he landed a National Macy’s commercial. While on the sets of this commercial, Diaz showed interest in the collaborating part of the commercial, which was when he was advised to take an acting class.
- He enrolled into the ‘The William Esper Studio’ in New York and once he took the class, he realized that acting was his calling. He moved to Los Angeles to pursue acting as a career and fortunately made his film debut with the thriller, ‘Stone Markers,’ in which he played the lead, all the while working on various other commercials such as Lexus, Ford and Subway.
- He was represented by a famous modelling agency, ‘Wilhelmina,’ in New York City and thus, landed profitable gigs and did national campaigns for renowned brands like Calvin Klein, L’Oreal, Polo, Cosmopolitan, Reebok, Harley Davidson and the likes.
- His second independent film was ‘In Da Cut’ which released in the year 2013. This led to his being represented by the ‘LuberRoklin Entertainment’ agency, which was a huge step forward indeed!
- As Babe Ruth once very wisely said, ‘It’s hard to beat someone who never gives up.’ Diaz is one such person who persevered and ultimately booked his first lead role in a TV series in the drama TV show, ‘East Los High,’ through the LuberRoklin Entertainment company in the year 2014. This was a dream come true for Ray Diaz who garnered a lot of recognition for this role.
- Early in 2017, Ray Diaz joined the cast of TV Land’s comedy show, ‘Lopez’ as a series regular from season 2 onwards. In April 2017, he featured in a comedy video, ‘When you mess with the wrong girls’ alongside Hannah Stocking, Innana Sarkis and Steven Spence.
- Ray Diaz was born on August 13, 1988 in Key West, Florida. He has an older sibling, Lusana Diaz. He began visiting Miami regularly with his cousins ever since he was 15 and used to try to get into the clubs by the beach but they always turned them away!
- As an actor, he draws inspiration from Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, Mark Wahlberg, Channing Tatum, Christian Bale, Brad Pitt, Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed