Joe Lo Truglio Biography
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Also Known As: Joseph Lo Truglio
Born Country: United States
Born in: Ozone Park, Queens, New York City, New York
Famous as: Actor
City: New York City
U.S. State: New Yorkers
education: New York University
Joe Lo Truglio is an American actor, comedian, and producer. He is best known for the character ‘Charles Boyle,’ which he performed for the TV series ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine.’ In his childhood, Truglio was inclined towards movies, drawing, comics, and other such creative pursuits. While attending the ‘New York University Film School,’ he met a group of like-minded individuals. Together, they formed a sketch comedy group. ‘The State,’ a sketch comedy show aired on the ‘MTV’ channel, was one of the first shows in which Truglio worked. He performed in several episodes of the series, and was also the writer of a few episodes. Although Truglio entered the entertainment industry in the 1990s, he started getting better offers only in the 2000s. He starred in movies such as ‘Wet Hot American Summer,’ ‘I Love You Man,’ ‘Beer League,’ and ‘Gulliver’s Travels.’ Most of his movie appearances were cameos or small characters. He performed in TV series ‘Reno 911!,’ ‘American Dad,’ ‘How I Met Your Mother,’ and ‘Free Agents.’ He was also seen in the series ‘Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp,’ which was a spin-off of the movie of the same name. The series is the prequel of 2001 film ‘Wet Hot American Summer.’ Joe Lo Truglio has lent his voice for several video games, including ‘Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas’ and ‘The Warriors.’
- Joe Lo Truglio was born on December 2, 1970, in Ozone Park, Queens, New York, to Joseph Lo Truglio and Helen. Truglio has Irish and Italian ancestry. During his childhood days, Truglio was interested in making horror movies using his ‘Super 8’ camera. He also used to create his own comic books.
- Truglio was raised in Margate, Florida. He attended the ‘Coconut Creek High School.’ Later, he joined the ‘New York University Film School.’ At the film school, he formed a sketch comedy group with several of his like-minded friends. This paved the way for his entry into comedy and movies.
- Joe Lo Truglio started his career in 1992, as a writer of the sketch comedy series ‘You Wrote It, You Watch It.’; healso played various characters in the show, whichwas aired on the ‘MTV’ channel. In 1993, Truglio and several other members of his sketch comedy group were selected to perform in the sketch comedy show ‘The State.’ Truglio performed in several episodes; he was also the creator and writer of the show. It was telecast on ‘MTV’ and remained on air till 1995.
- In 2001, Truglio starred as ‘Neil’ in ‘Wet Hot American Summer.’ It was a satirical comedy film directed by David Wain, and had several artists from ‘The State.’
- In 2002, he acted in ‘Stella shorts,’ which was a collection of several short films by the comedy group ‘Stella.’
- In 2005, Truglio appeared in single episodes of ‘Stella’ and ‘Cheap Seats.’ In the same year, he was chosen for the comedy series ‘Reno 911!’ It was telecast on the ‘Comedy Central’ network. In the series, Truglio performed as ‘Deputy Frank Rizzo.’ He remained on the show till 2009.
- In 2007, he performed as ‘Francis the Driver’ in the comedy movie, ‘Superbad.’ In 2008, he performed as ‘Mr. Edwards’ in ‘Pineapple Express’ and as ‘Kuzzik,’ in ‘Role Models.’
- In 2009, he performed as ‘Lonnie’ in the American comedy movie ‘I Love You, Man.’ In 2010, he appeared in a small role in the fantasy adventure movie ‘Gulliver’s Travels.’
- In 2011, Truglio was seen as ‘O’Reilly’ in the ‘Paul.’ From 2010 to 2011, he lent his voice to the stop-motion animated series, ‘Glenn Martin, DDS.’ In 2012, he lent his voice to the animated sitcom ‘American Dad!’
- In 2013, he bagged the most prominent role of his career. He was chosen to portray ‘Charles Boyle’ in the TV series, ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine.’ The series tells the story of a talented but immature detective ‘Jake Peralta.’ ‘Charles Boyle’ is a fellow detective who is hard working, but timid. The series is telecast on the ‘Fox’ channel. It is a highly popular sitcom and is still on air.
- In 2015, Joe Lo Truglio performed in 5 episodes of the web series ‘Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp.’ It was a prequel to the movie ‘Wet Hot American Summer.’ In the series, he performed as ‘Neil.’ In 2017, Truglio was seen in the sequel to the series ‘Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later.’
- In the latter half of 2010, he performed in TV series such as ‘New Girl,’ ‘Animals,’ ‘Dice,’ and ‘Do You Want To See a Dead Body?’ He lent his voice to several video games, too, including ‘Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories’ and ‘The Warriors.’ Truglio has appeared on several comedy podcasts such as ‘Comedy Bang Bang,’ ‘Never Not Funny,’ and ‘Superego.’
- In 2014, Joe Lo Truglio married actress Beth Dover. They were co-stars in series such as ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ and ‘Burning Love.’ They have a son, Eli.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed