Trevor Tordjman Biography
Nick Name: Flanny
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Trevor Flanagan-Tordjman
Born in: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Famous as: Dancer, Singer, Choreographer
siblings: Justine (sister), Nathan and Steven (brothers)
Trevor Flanagan-Tordjman is a Canadian dancer, choreographer, singer, and actor who plays James in the mockumentary teen-drama series ‘The Next Step’, and its spin-off, ‘Lost And Found Music Studios’. Dancing since the age of four, initially under the tutelage of his mother, he considered it as a future profession for the first time when he was 12 years old. Since then, he has learned ballet, jazz, hip-hop, breakdance, lyrical, and tap, with special attention to hip-hop and breakdance. He gained valuable experience by appearing in national ad campaigns for ‘Coca-Cola’ and ‘The Family Channel,’ and in music videos of Victoria Duffield and Shawn Desman. He was cast in the 2015 TV-movie ‘Full Out’. He has appeared in short films, such as ‘Bartholomew’ (2016) and ‘Prom Night’ (2017) and is set to appear in the upcoming Disney Channel movie ‘Zombies’.
- Trevor Tordjman began his career as an actor and performer in music videos and commercials. He appeared in the video of the Victoria Duffield song, ‘Fever’, in September 2010. He also performed as a background dancer for Shawn Desman’s ‘Night Like this’ in October of the same year. His break-out role as James came in 2013, when he was cast in the Canadian TV show ‘The Next Step’. It is a teen-drama series exclusively shot in mockumentary style. A part of the show since the pilot episode, Tordjman was a series regular until season 4. In the fifth season, which is also the most recent, Tordjman’s character became a recurring one. He portrays James with much earnestness and conviction, and brings in a certain sense of realism to a character who comes off as both self-centred and fiercely loyal. He even directed one episode in season 4 and choreographed another in season 5 of the show.
- He is reprising the character in the show’s spin-off ‘Lost And Found Music Studios’ which premiered on December 11, 2015. He was included in the documentary ‘The Next Step Live: The Movie’ (2015), a film based on the show’s cast’s first nationwide tour. He and his fellow cast members have toured to the United Kingdoms, Portugal, and Australia, among other countries.
- He played Nate in gymnast Ariana Berlin’s biopic, ‘Full Out’ in 2015. The film was directed by Sean Cameron, and also starred Jennifer Beals and Ana Golja. He has been cast as Bucky in Jeffrey Hornaday’s directorial venture ‘Zombies’, a Disney adventure, horror, musical TV movie that is set for a 2018 release.
- In early 2014, Tordjman set up ‘Raw Motion Dance’, “a dance convention organizer and provider of in-studio workshops with amazing choreographers and teachers.” The present faculty, beside Tordjman, includes the likes of Brittany Raymond (who plays his love interest Riley in ‘The Next Step’), Lamar Johnson, ‘So You Think You Can Dance Canada (Season 4)’ winner Jordan Clark, and Myles Erlick.
- Trevor Tordjman was born on November 22, 1995 in Kitchener, a city in Southern Ontario, Canada. He has three siblings, Justine, his eldest sister, then Nathan, his elder brother, and then Steven, his younger brother. His inspiration to become a dancer comes from his mother, Joanne, who owns a dancing studio in Kitchener, named ‘ConfiDance’. He was the valedictorian in his high school.
- Although there have been lot of rumours and speculations linking Tordjman to Raymond, they seem to be unfounded.
- Tordjman can rap and play drums, and has done so since high school. He is now learning to play piano.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed