Seth Rogen Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Also Known As: Seth Aaron Rogen
Born Country: Canada
Born in: Vancouver, Canada
Famous as: Stand-up Comedian, Actor, Producer, Director
Spouse/Ex-: Lauren Miller
father: Mark Rogen
mother: Sandy Belogus
City: Vancouver, Canada
The actor who sent the viewers rolling in laughter with his goofy performance in the film ‘The 40-Year Old Virgin’, Seth Rogen is someone who seems to have been born to be a comedian. With due respects to his acting skills, it must be mentioned that there is something so amusing and funny about his very appearance that makes one want to laugh! Blessed with a chubby face framed by curly hair, twinkling eyes and a silly smile, the actor has got the perfect looks for a comedian. He is the very personification of innocence, goofiness and cuteness combined! As a small boy he realized he had it in him to make people laugh with his silly jokes and antics. The more he made others laugh, the more he loved it and decided to become a career comedian. He started performing stand-up comedy as a teenager. A financial crisis hit his family when Seth was 16, and the teenager dropped out from high school to become a full-time comedian in order to pay the bills. Eventually he carved a niche for himself and started appearing on television shows. After a few initial hiccups, he became an established television actor who eventually ventured into Hollywood. Today the actor has definitely come a long way from his stand-up comedy days!
- He was born to Sandy Belogus, a social worker and Mark Rogen who worked for non-profit organizations. He has one sister.
- He went to Vancouver Talmud Torah Elementary School and Point Grey Secondary school. Even as a student he was interested only in comedy and not in studying.
- He had always been a funny kid and enrolled in a comedy workshop taught by Mark Pooley when he was 12. As a teenager he also started performing stand-up comedy at functions.
- When he was 16 his father lost his job and his mother quit hers. The family was facing financial troubles and Seth helped to pay the bills with his earnings as a stand-up comedian.
- Director Judd Apatow recognized the boy’s skills and cast him in the television comedy drama ‘Freaks and Geeks’ which premiered in 1999. Seth played Ken in the show. The series was short-lived but became a cult classic.
- He was offered a part in Apatow’s next television show, ‘Undeclared’ which was about a group of college freshmen at a university. Seth also served as a writer on the show. This show too was short-lived.
- Moving on to film roles, he played Ricky in the 2001 movie ‘Donnie Darko’ which was a supernatural thriller. The film received favorable reviews and was a box office hit.
- He played one of the friends of the main character in the romantic comedy ‘The 40-year Old Virgin’ (2005) which is about a middle-aged man desperate to lose his virginity. The film was a big hit.
- In ‘Knocked Up’ in 2007 he played Ben Stone, a slacker who has a one-night stand with a successful working woman which results in a pregnancy. The movie was a big hit at the box office.
- He co-wrote and co-produced the comedy film ‘Superbad’ in 2007. The film was based on a script Seth had written as a teenager along with his friend Evan Goldberg. The film was much loved by the viewers for its silly comedy.
- He played Dale Denton, a drug addict in the 2008 comedy ‘Pineapple Express’ which he had co-written with Evan Goldberg. The term ‘Pineapple Express’ refers to a rare strain of marijuana in the film. The movie also had James Franco and received good reviews.
- Continuing his professional link with Apatow, Seth starred along with Adam Sandler and Leslie Mann in the 2009 comedy drama film, ‘Funny People’. The film received positive reviews and Seth’s performance was especially appreciated.
- Keeping up with his penchant for playing slackers, he portrayed an irresponsible slacker son of a widower in the 2011 action comedy ‘The Green Hornet’. The film received negative reviews but was a commercial success nonetheless.
- He turned director in 2013 as he co-directed the disaster comedy, ‘This is the End’ with long-time friend Evan Goldberg. The film had an ensemble cast including Seth, James Franco, Jonah Hill and Emma Watson. It was both a critical and commercial success.
- In 2014, he acted in the Comedy ‘Neighbors’ directed by Nicholas Stoller in which he plays a married man with a baby daughter whose life turns upside down when some strange neighbors move in next door. The film is counted among Seth’s biggest hits.
- He played the leading role in the 2007 film, ‘Knocked Up’ in which he plays a slacker who gets a woman pregnant in a drunken one-night stand. Hilarious situations follow as he tries to change for good so that he can be a good parent.
- He won the High Times Stony Award for Stoner of the Year in 2007.
- In 2008 he won the Canadian Comedy Award for Best Writing (Film) for serving as a writer for ‘Superbad’.
- He began dating actress Lauren Miller in 2004 and became engaged in 2010. The couple got married in 2011.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed