Sauli Koskinen Biography
Sauli Koskinen is a reality TV star, TV host, and entertainment reporter from Finland. He came under the spotlight after winning the Finnish version of 'Big Brother.' The 'Big Brother' victory changed Sauli’s life forever. He became a celebrity and hosted numerous events in Finland. Desperate to watch Sauli on TV again, his fans even ran a campaign. He has worked in a number of projects with the Finnish media and web, such as 'Sauli and Niko’s Best Clips' and 'Tutka.' He has had a long-term association with the Finnish tabloid 'Ilta-Sanomat’ and the entertainment magazine '7 päivää.' Sauli’s celebrity status grew beyond Finland with his show 'Saulin Paras Kaveri.' He established himself as a performer with the Finnish reality show 'Dancing on Ice Finland.' Sauli has also gained popularity on the international platform as a promoter of the LGBT community. He was in a relationship with former 'American Idol' finalist and the singer Adam Lambert, which lasted for about 3 years.
- Sauli was born Sauli Eerik Koskinen, on March 28, 1985, in Hyvinkää, Finland. His father, Osmo Koskinen, ran a trading company. Sauli has two older sisters and a twin sister. He once shared an apartment with his twin sister, Sara.
- Sauli initially worked in his father’s trading company. He also worked at a hamburger joint. He later joined the fashion line 'KoneHELSINKI' as its in-house designer and model. Many of the customers attending the store suggested he enter the reality series 'Big Brother' (Finnish version).
- Sauli was selected for the third season of 'Big Brother Suomi' (Finnish version) after the creators found him positive, warm, and kind. The show premiered on ‘MTV’s 'Sub' channel in August 2005. Sauli was the winner of the 2007 edition of ‘Big Brother.’ He was announced as the winner in December 2007. He survived 14 weeks, with 19 other participants in the 'Big Brother' house ('World of Big Brother') in the city of Espoo. Sauli received the prize money of €50,000. He also appeared on 'Big Brother Extra' and 'Big Brother Talk Show.'
- After gaining celebrity status, Sauli earned the membership of the 'Super Club' (managed by model and former ‘Big Brother’ contestant Martina Aitolehti) and organized events at various bars and restaurants across Finland. Sauli and fellow ‘Big Brother’ contestant Niko Nousiainen paired up for several such public events. They went on a trip to Turkey as travel guides. Sauli worked as a recreation director on a few language courses. The duo also worked for the Finnish entertainment and TV magazine ‘Seiska’ (also known as '7 päivää') as entertainers on the 'Seiska' party cruises. They were consecrated as priests and conducted weddings for travelers on the cruise.
- Sauli and Niko have also appeared on the 'Seiska Talk Show.' In 2008, their fans ran a campaign for their return to TV. The campaign resulted in the show 'Sauli and Niko’s Best Clips.' The hosts, Sauli and Niko, were seen commenting on several viral videos.
- The Finnish tabloid 'Ilta-Sanomat' then hired Sauli as their in-house web-based entertainment reporter. He was the co-host (with Katri Utula) of the weekly entertainment news program 'Tutka.’ In 2011, while working for 'Ilta-Sanomat,' Sauli worked as a US-based call-in correspondent for the Finnish radio station 'Radio Aalto.'
- Around the same time, 'Ilta-Sanomat' offered Sauli a show on his personal life. He declined the offer, as he did not want to publicize his private life. He, however, continued working for the tabloid as a blogger and a host. Sauli and Katri were seen in the internet series 'Tutka Roadshow.' As part of the show, they had to travel all over Finland and the US to interview celebrities. In 2013, while working for the Finnish entertainment magazine '7 Päivää,' Sauli made a series of videos shot in Los Angeles.
- In May 2012, Sauli hosted ‘Näytös,' the annual student fashion show of the 'School of Arts, Design, and Architecture.' The show was aired live on the national channel 'Ylex Teema.' In December 2013, modeling agency 'Paparazzi' signed him as their presenter, actor, and model.
- On February 28, 2013, Sauli teamed up with the 'Fox Networks Group'-owned Finnish channel 'Fox Finland' for his lifestyle TV show, 'Saulin Paras Kaveri.' He hosted the show, which featured interviews of Finnish celebrities living in Los Angeles, such as model Suvi Koponen and chef Stefan Richter.
- The same year, Sauli won another reality show, 'Dancing on Ice' (Finnish version). He joined the series in its debut season. Sauli’s participation was announced on August 21, 2013. Aired on 'Nelonen,' the show featured 10 celebrities ice skating with their professional partners. Sauli was paired with skater Nea Ojala.
- Sauli co-hosted the Finnish version of the survival reality show 'Raju TV' with Sebastian Tynkkynen. The show was produced by 'Ilta-Sanomat. While on the show, Sauli developed many health issues. He had an allergy on his back after he went to the sea.
- In November 2016, Sauli was signed by 'Fit Diamonds' as their personal trainer. He was promoted all over social media. Additionally, Sauli has appeared in series such as 'Korkojen kera' (Finnish talk show), 'Seiska Live,' 'Riemuloma Palandereilla' (2016), 'Julkkisselviytyjät' (2017), 'Kymppitonni' (2018), 'Posse' (2014 and 2018), 'Selviytyjät Suomi' (2019).
- Sauli has dated singer, songwriter, and actor Adam Lambert. Their relationship began in November 2010. The two met at one of Adam’s concerts in Finland. Sauli later attended Adam’s concert in Paris.
- In 2011, their relationship caught the attention of the media after Sauli and Adam were arrested in Helsinki. It was reported that they had had a physical altercation at a bar named 'Don’t Tell Mama.' Even after being kicked out of the bar, the two continued fighting. Finnish beauty queen Sofia Ruusila was also present at the party and was accidentally hurt during the brawl.
- In April 2013, Sauli and Adam announced their break-up. The amicable split was due to their hectic schedules. Previously, Adam had moved in with Sauli in Finland, but their professional commitments drew them apart. Even after breaking up, the two remained good friends.
- Sauli loves watching football and circus shows. He is scared of heights.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed