Zara McDermott Biography
Zara McDermott is a British reality TV star, model and celebrity. She rose to fame when she participated in season 4 of the reality TV dating series ‘Love Island’. Though she had to leave the show before it ended, she became quite famous on account of her confident persona and voluptuous figure. Before joining reality TV, she was a government employee in the UK. The youngster made good use of her fame and made a name for herself on social media and television. Since her participation in ‘Love Island', she has appeared as a guest on many talk shows and a documentary as well. She has millions of followers on Instagram, and is often seen modelling for and promoting products of various brands on Instagram. But she has not been very successful in her romantic life. Her relationship with a ‘Love Island’ co-star fizzled out just months after the show ended. Thereafter, she dated a British pop star, but that relationship also ended very soon. She has currently found love in the arms of another reality TV star. She continues to promote her career on television and social media.
- Before her appearance on ‘Love Island’, Zara McDermott was working as a Government Adviser in Essex, UK. The youngster was employed with the Department of Education, led by British politician and Secretary of State for Education, Damian Hinds. She was still employed with the government when she took a break to participate on the 2018 season of the reality TV show ‘Love Island’ that aired on ‘ITV2’ channel in the UK. Allegedly, she had told her bosses that she was taking a career break, but not informed them about the exact nature of the break.
- She joined the show just a few weeks after it has started. In her interview before the show, she mentioned that she liked two men on the show, Alex George and Adam Collard, and was looking to meet someone who she could connect with. She found Adam to be very attractive and expressed a lot of interest in him. She made her debut on day 15 of the show, and promptly chose to couple up with Adam.
- But, she did not last for very long on the show. On day 25, viewers of the show decided to vote her off the island. In her post-exit interview, she stated that she had succeeded in finding love on the show. She added that she would wait for Adam till the end of the show, after which they could continue their romance.
- After attaining fame on ‘Love Island’, she appeared on numerous other television shows. In July 2018, she featured as a guest on the daytime talk show ‘Loose Women’. During her appearance, she mentioned that she had left her job with the government. In the same year, she also appeared on the early morning chat show ‘Lorraine’, and on the talk show ‘Politics Live’.
- In February 2019, she made an appearance on the ‘BBC One’ TV documentary series ‘Panorama’. In April, she was featured on the news TV series ‘Victoria Derbyshire’.
- The young star has more than 1.1 million followers on Instagram. She models for and promotes several brands on her social media, including ‘Rebellious Fashion’, ‘Missy Empire’, ‘Shein’, etc.
- Zara McDermott was born on June 16, 1997, in Essex, UK, to Karen McDermott and Alan McDermott. She is said to hold a bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Broadcasting.
- Her love life has been quite tumultuous since she attained fame. She was dating her fellow ‘Love Island’ co-star, Adam Collard, for about eight months, but announced the end of their relationship to the media in February 2019. The couple met and fell in love on the 2018 season of the show but their romance eventually faded away in the outside world. The cause of their split was reported to be Adam’s wild partying ways.
- She was also linked to singer Olly Murs, but is said to have ended the relationship on account of their 12-year age gap. Their relationship allegedly began when the 34-year-old singer liked her pictures on social media and asked her to be his guest on the singing contest TV series ‘The Voice UK’.
- In May 2019, she was photographed with Sam Thompson, star of the reality TV series ‘Made In Chelsea’, and rumours started swirling that they might be dating. The speculations gained further momentum when they started posting flirtatious comments on each other’s social media. In June 2019, she made their relationship official by posting a picture of them kissing at London Soho’s Century Club.
- Even though she has left her job with the government, she still likes to take an active interest in politics. She once mentioned in an interview that her passion was to educate young people about politics. She also likes travelling and is often seen travelling to places like Dubai, Ibiza, etc. She is said to be currently living in London, UK.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed