Megan McKenna Biography
Megan McKenna is an English TV personality and singer, best known for appearing in the popular television series, ‘Ex on the Beach.’ She then became famous enough to be cast as one of the housemates in the British reality game show, ‘Celebrity Big Brother.’ Megan used her popularity to provide wings to her singing career as she went on to become a popular singer after releasing her debut EP, which had hit songs like ‘Far Cry from Love’ and ‘High Heeled Shoes.’ Since Megan was handling the responsibilities of a singer and that of a TV personality with ease, she decided to challenge herself by launching her own restaurant named ‘MCK Grill’ in order to take up the responsibilities of an entrepreneur as well. She also went on to star in her own show, ‘There’s Something About Megan,’ which was aired on the British television channel, ‘ITVBe.’
- Megan McKenna was born on September 26, 1992 in Barking, east London. She was raised in Woodbridge, Essex, where she spent her childhood with her parents and grandparents. Though Megan had a memorable childhood, she became a victim of bullying at school.
- Since Megan was quite different from the rest of her classmates, she was subjected to harassment, which affected her singing. Megan would spend her lunch hour in the school’s music room, where she would practice singing, while playing the guitar.
- When she could no longer withstand her classmates’ pester, she stopped going to school. Though she wanted to join a school for performing arts, she knew she had to bury her dream as her parents wouldn’t be able to afford it.
- That is when Megan’s grandparents played a major role in defining who she is today as they made sure she attended a theatre school by paying for her expense. She then auditioned for a couple theatre schools and got into ‘Ravenscourt Theatre School.’ She later went to ‘The Arts Educational School,’ which had produced artists like Samantha Barks, Will Young, Julie Andrews, Danny Mac, and Bonnie Langford.
- In 2009, Megan auditioned for the famous talent show competition, ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ and became part of the show’s third series. She then became one of the members of Jessica Wright’s girl band, ‘Lola.’
- In 2010, she was roped into the main cast of the seventeenth series of the popular reality television series, ‘The Only Way Is Essex.’ Since Megan wanted to focus more on her singing career, she decided to audition for the famous television music competition, ‘The X Factor.’
- After making it to the boot camp level in 2013, she gave another shot at the competition by taking part at the 2014 auditions. During the first audition, Simon Cowell appreciated her by saying that he loved her voice. However, he went on to say that she’d never be taken seriously as a country singer just because she was from Essex.
- In 2015, she was cast in the third series of the popular reality TV series, ‘Ex on the Beach.’ After becoming popular as a television personality, Megan was roped into the seventeenth series of ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ as one of its housemates.
- After surviving in the house for 18 days, she was evicted on January 22, 2016, when she had received the least number of votes. She then went on to make guest appearances in a number of popular television shows, including ‘The Saturday Show,’ ‘Big Brother's Bit on the Side,’ ‘Celebrity Juice,’ ‘This Morning,’ and ‘The Wright Stuff.’
- 2017 turned out to be a busy year for Megan, as she first launched her music career and then went on to launch her own restaurant in 2017. She released her debut EP, which had hit songs like ‘Far Cry from Love’ and ‘High Heeled Shoes.’
- After opening her restaurant ‘MCK Grill’ in Woodford Green, she decided to star in her own show, ‘There’s Something About Megan’ in the same year. The show was later aired on the British television channel, ‘ITVBe.’ Megan also launched her own brand of cosmetics called ‘Mouthy’ and has even modeled for her brand.
- In 2018, she performed at ‘The Real Full Monty Ladies Night’ as part of raising awareness for breast cancer. Megan put up a bold show along with fellow musicians and stars, Coleen Nolan, Sally Dexter, Ruth Madoc, Michelle Heaton, Helen Lederer, Victoria Derbyshire, and Sarah-Jane Crawford.
- In May 2018, she joined the sets of the popular British TV show, ‘The Farm.’ It was revealed that the producers of the show wanted to sign Megan McKenna in order to add up to the glamor quotient of the show. They also revealed that they are expecting the show to attract younger viewers, now that they have Megan in the mix.
- Megan McKenna is also a social media sensation as her official Instagram page has collected more than 2 million followers. She is also popular on Twitter, where she has more than 644,000 followers.
- Megan entered her first serious relationship when she was 19 years old. Unfortunately, things did not go as per her plans as she ended up dating a guy who had trust issues. After being in relationship with him for three years, Megan finally broke up with him after finding out that he’s been cheating on her all along.
- She then met Jordan Davies after signing up for ‘Ex on the Beach.’ Megan and Jordan started dating during the show and then took their relationship outside the sets of the reality show. However, they later broke up, citing personal differences.
- She then fell in love with her ‘The Only Way Is Essex’ co-star Pete Wicks. She went on to say that Pete was responsible in making her get rid of her bad temper, which was pretty apparent during her stay in ‘Celebrity Big Brother.’
- She is currently dating English footballer Michael Thalassitis and often posts his pictures on her Instagram page. Megan was recently trolled online when she posted a couple of pictures, in which she was seen pouting in an exaggerated manner. While some called her ‘fish lips,’ others said that she looked like a duck!
- In one of her recent interviews, Megan said that she agreed to strip on stage as part of her performance at ‘The Real Full Monty Ladies Night’ in order to raise awareness for breast cancer among younger people. She said she agreed to be a part of the campaign as she thought it might help her young fans.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed