Robert Lewandowski is a famous Polish professional footballer who plays for the Bayern Munich football club and also the Poland national team, where he serves as the captain. He was born in Warsaw, Poland, and he began his career at MKS Varsovia Warsaw. Later, he played for Lech Poznan, and after that he transferred to Borussia Dortmund. Since 2014, he has been playing for Germany’s Bayern Munich football club. He made his international debut for the senior Poland national team at the age of 20. He came as a substitute in a match against San Marino, where he scored a goal, helping his team score a victory and qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. He has received several awards and honors in his career so far. He was voted Poland’s Footballer of the Year for seven times in a row. He was also named the Polish Sport Personality of the Year in 2015. The same year, he was named by ‘The Guardian’ as the fifth best footballer on the planet. Besides being a footballer, he is also a venture capitalist. Through the company Protos Venture Capital, he has invested in several start-up enterprises.
- Robert Lewandowski was born on 21st August 1988 in Warsaw, Poland. His father was Krzysztof Lewandowski, a national judo champion and also a football player, and his mother is Iwona Lewandowski, a one-time football player for AZS Warsaw and also the vice president of Partyzant Leszno. He has a sister named Milena.He began his career at MKS Varsovia Warsaw, where he played for seven years. He later moved to Delta Warsaw, where he managed to play in the first team. He played quite well, and in 2006-07, he emerged as the Polish third division’s top goal scorer with 15 goals. The next season, he became the Polish second division’s top scorer with 21 goals.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Club Career
- Robert Lewandowski was signed by Lech Poznan for 1.5 million zlotys in June 2008. He made his debut for the team the following month in the first round of the UEFA Cup, where he proved his efficiency by scoring the only goal in the match. He performed quite well during the season, and scored 18 goals in 42 matches. He also played well in the next season, scoring a total of 18 goals. He led his team to win the 2009-10 championship as well.In June 2010, he signed a four-year contract with the German club Borussia Dortmund for a fee of around 4.5 million euros. He scored his first goal in a match against Schalke 04 in September.In the 2011-12 season, he was elevated to an ever-present position in the starting XI. He proved himself by scoring two goals in a 2-0 win against SV Sandhausen. He led his team to many victories. Due to his amazing performance, he was named the Best Player of the Year in Poland. He finished the year as the third top scorer, with 22 goals in total, along with six assists.On the opening day of the 2012-13 season, he helped his team in a 2-1 victory against Werder Bremen. He continued to display his talent in the sport, and in April 2013, he became the first player to score four goals in a Champions League semi-final. He led his team to the 2013 UEFA Champions League Final, where they were defeated by the Bayern Munich.After playing for the team for one more season, he signed a five-year contract with the Bayern Munich, a rival club of the Dortmund’s, and joined the team for the 2014-15 season. He made his competitive debut for the team in 2014, in a match against Borussia Dortmund, where his team suffered a 2-0 loss. He performed quite well during the rest of the season, and appeared in 49 matches and scored 25 goals.During the 2015-16 season, he made a record by scoring five goals within nine minutes, which is the fastest in any major European football league. For this feat, he was awarded four certificates by the Guinness World Records. His overall performance in the season improved with 42 goals in 51 matches.He great form continued and he reached 100 goals for Bayern on 11 March 2017, in his 137th appearance for the club. He finished the 2016–17 season with 42 goals in 47 matches.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:International Career
- Robert Lewandowski made three appearances for Poland’s U-21 team, in friendly matches against Belarus, England, and Finland. In September 2008, he made his debut for the senior national team. He came as a substitute in a match against San Marino and scored a goal to help his team earn a 2-0 victory. This helped their team qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.He also played for the team in the UEFA Euro 2012, where in his first match against Greece, he scored the first goal of the tournament. He was named the Man of the Match. He played at the UEFA 2016 as well. More recently, he played at the 2018 World Cup qualification campaign where he made a record by scoring 16 goals.Awards & Achievements
- Aside from leading his teams to numerous victories, Robert Lewandowski has also earned several awards in his career. He was named the Polish Revelation of the Year in 2008 and the Polish Footballer of the Year seven times in a row from 2011 to 2017.He was named the Polish Sports Personality of the Year in 2015, and the same year, he also became the IFFHS World’s Top Goal Scorer of the Year.In recognition of his brilliant performance in the 2016-17 season, he was named the Bundesliga Player of the Year.He became the Top Goal scorer in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification with 16 goals.Personal Life
- Robert Lewandowski has been married to Anna Lewandowska since June 2013. She is also a sportswoman who earned a bronze medal at the 2009 Karate World Cup. His wife gave birth to a daughter in 2017; the baby was named Klara.He is a practicing Catholic.Besides his football career, he is a venture capitalist as well, and has invested in numerous start-up enterprises.
How To CiteArticle Title- Robert Lewandowski BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/robert-lewandowski-36042.phpLast Updated- April 02, 2018
People Also Viewed