Nicklas Bendtner is a Danish footballer who currently plays for the Norwegian club Rosenborg and also the Denmark national team. He is known for his physical strength and his ability in the air. Born in Copenhagen, Denmark, he began his football career at a young age, playing for the club Tarnby Boldklub. He also started playing internationally for Denmark at the under-16, under-17 under-19 and under-21 levels. He eventually made his senior international debut in a friendly match against Poland, where he also scored his first international goal. Coming to his senior career, he first signed with the English club Arsenal, and over the years, gained much popularity. He was loaned to the Birmingham City Team at one point of time. After his return to Arsenal, he played with them for many years. In 2014, he signed with VfL Wolfsburg, and after two years, he signed with Nottingham Forest. A year later, he left the team, and signed with the Norwegian team Rosenborg. In his career so far, he has earned numerous honors such as the ‘Danish Talent of the Year’ and ‘Danish Football Player of the Year’.
- Nicklas Bendtner was born in Copenhagen, Denmark, on 16th January 1988. Not much is known about his parents or childhood except for the fact that he used to play football from a very early age. As a teenager, he played for Tarnby Boldklub before he joined the Kjøbenhavns Boldklub.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Senior Career
- Nicklas Bendtner’s professional career began with the English Club ‘Arsenal’ in 2005. The following year, he was loaned to the Birmingham City Club for a few months. He played for them till January 2007, scoring eleven league goals for the team.In May, he renewed his contract with Arsenal and returned to them for the 2007-08 season. His first goal in the Premier League came on 22nd December in a match against Tottenham Hotspur which he helped his team win. Though he was suspended for a short time, he soon returned to the team, and scored his first goal in the FA Cup in a match against Burnley in January 2008.He continued scoring for the team during the 2008-09 season and later during the 2009-10 season. He was quite appreciated for his performance during the season. He won the Arsenal Player of the Month award in March 2010.He fell out of favor during the 2011 season mostly due to a groin problem. Though he scored a few goals, he was later loaned to the Sunderland Premier League club for a year.Nicklas Bendtner proved to be a very valuable player for Sunderland and finished the season as the team's top scorer with eight goals in Premier League matches. He was then loaned to the club Juventus for the next season during which he suffered a thigh injury. He didn't score any goal during the season so Juventus didn't make the loan permanent though they were considering it earlier.He returned to team Arsenal and played for them during the 2013-14 season. Though he scored a few goals for the team, he failed to make an impression. As his contract expired, he was released by the team at the end of the season.In August 2014, he signed a three-year deal with the club VfL Wolfsburg. He was praised by the managing director Klaus Alofs. He made his debut in a match against Eintracht Frankfurt which ended in a 2-2 draw. He scored his first goal for the team in November 2014 and over the next few months he scored several more goals for them.Continue Reading BelowHe played for the team till April 2016 when they decided to terminate his contract with immediate effect.He next signed with the club Nottingham Forest and made his debut with them in the 2016-17 EFL Cup. In March 2017, he signed with the Norwegian club Rosenborg. He has been playing for them since then.International Career
- Nicklas Bendtner made his international debut for Denmark under-16 team in February 2004. He scored his first hat trick in a match against Armenia. He next joined the under-17 team and continued to score goals for them. He was named the Danish under 17 player of the year in 2004.He made his under-21 debut in a friendly match against Spain in May 2006. He led his team to a 2-0 victory. The same year, in August, he made his senior international debut in a friendly match against Poland. He managed to score a goal as well as lead his team to a 2-0 victory.He helped his team qualify for the 2010 World Cup. For his contribution, he was named the Danish Player of the Year. However, at the World Cup, his team failed to advance beyond the group stage.Even though he was offered a chance to represent his country at the 2011 European Championships, he declined the offer. Later that year, he played a major role in helping Denmark qualify for Euro 2012.Awards & Achievements
- Nicklas Bendtner has received several awards and honors during his career, including the ‘Danish Under-17 Player of the Year’ in 2004, the ‘Danish Talent of the Year’ in 2007, ‘Danish Football Player of the Year’ in 2009, and ‘Danish Goal of the Year’ in 2009.He was named the ‘Eliteserien top scorer’ in 2017.Personal Life
- In 2009, Nicklas Bendtner was reported to be dating Caroline Fleming, a Danish model, entrepreneur, and TV personality. She gave birth to his son a year later. The couple separated soon after the baby’s birth.
How To CiteArticle Title- Nicklas Bendtner BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/nicklas-bendtner-36020.phpLast Updated- March 27, 2018
People Also Viewed