Robbie Amell Biography
Sun Sign: Taurus
Also Known As: Robert Patrick Robbie Amell, Robert Patrick Amell
Born in: Toronto, Canada
Famous as: Actor
Spouse/Ex-: Italia Ricci
father: Christopher Amell
mother: Jennifer Amell
City: Toronto, Canada
education: 2006 - Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute
Robbie Amell is a Canadian TV and movie star, best known for playing Stephen Jameson on The CW's series ‘The Tomorrow People’ and Wesley Rush in the film ‘The Duff.’ Stepping into the world of fame and glamour at the young age of six, Robbie started his career as a model and actor in small advertisements and TV shows before making it big in the national television and film industry. He began appearing in his high school stage productions as a teenager and realized that he wanted to pursue acting professionally. Thus he attended the Canadian Studios Acting Academy to hone his skills before embarking on a full-time acting career. He managed to venture into films while still in his teens though it would be years before he would be able to establish himself as a successful actor. His fortunes changed for the better when he was cast in the TV series ‘The Tomorrow People’ following which his popularity saw a steep hike. His rising popularity led to more substantial roles in TV series and films which helped him become a much sought after actor. In addition to his acting career, Amell also turned an Executive Producer in 2016 with the film ‘Code 8.’
- Robert Patrick "Robbie" Amell was born on 21 April 1988, in Toronto, Canada, to parents Jo and Rob Amell. He has a sister with who he started appearing in small-time commercials and modeling assignments.
- As a child, Robbie was a huge fan of hockey and spent his free time by playing the sport. In addition to hockey, his hobbies also included break dancing and a form of martial arts called the Muay Thai.
- He landed roles in high school plays such as ‘The Importance of Being Earnest’ at the young age of 16 years and this later paved the way for him to attend the Canadian Studios Acting Academy.
- He graduated from Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute in the year 2006 and then went on to pursue a full-time career in acting.
- Robbie Amell bagged his first ever acting role in the film ‘Cheaper by the Dozen 2’ in 2005 where he played Daniel Murtaugh. His role was originally meant to be a non-speaking role though he eventually got to speak a couple of lines. After this, he was next seen in the 2007 film ‘Left for Dead’ which was of the horror genre.
- He played the role of Drew Patterson in the television movie ‘Picture This’ in 2008. Released by the ABC Family, branded as an ABC Family Original Movie, the film was a popular hit, drawing in 5.3 million viewers on its premiere.
- Amell was also part of the Nickelodeon series ‘True Jackson’ (2008–2011), where his recurring role as Jimmy is portrayed as the lead role’s love interest. In 2008 he also appeared in one of the episodes of the television series ‘Murdoch Mysteries.’
- He portrayed the role of Fred Jones in the television movie ‘Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins’ in 2009. The movie was a major hit, leading to the release of its sequel ‘Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster’ the next year. Amell reprised his role as Fred in this film.
- Robbie worked in the Cartoon Network series called ‘Unnatural History’ in 2010. The same year, he appeared as himself in the live action reality series ‘Destroy Build Destroy’ telecast on Cartoon Network.
- In 2013, he was offered the role of a lifetime. He got the opportunity to play Stephen Jameson, the main protagonist in the science fiction television series ‘The Tomorrow People.’ This role not only earned him praise for his acting skills, but also gave his career a much needed big boost.
- He gained much hype after the release of the movie ‘The Duff’ in 2015 where he played the lead role of Wesley Rush. The role earned him two Teen Choice Award nominations.
- In the year 2016, Robbie Amell was seen starring alongside moguls like Kevin Spacey in the comedy film ‘Nine Lives.’ Actress Jennifer Garner also played a big role in the film.
- Amell was also a well-known face in the CW TV show called ‘The Flash’ (2014–2016) where he played multiple characters like Ronnie Raymond, Firestorm, and Deathstorm.
- Robbie Amell gained much popularity as Fred Jones in the movie ‘Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins’, which was released in the year 2009. This later went on to become the most watched telecast on the Cartoon Network channel.
- His career received a big boost when he bagged the role of Stephen Jameson in the TV drama series ‘The Tomorrow People,’ which aired under CW network in 2013-14. One of his biggest roles till date, Amell played the character of a teenager who can teleport in his sleep.
- Adding another feather in his hat, Amell was also seen producing and starring in the sci-fi action film called ‘Code 8’ (2016) with his cousin and actor Stephen Amell co-starring and producing as well.
- Robbie Amell earned his first Teen Choice Award nomination in the year 2015, for his role as Wesley Rush in the film ‘The Duff.’
- Robbie Amell had been in a long-term relationship with his girlfriend, the actress Italia Ricci. The pair got engaged in the year 2014, and went on to tie the knot in 2016.
- He was raised Jewish and according to him, his family has always been more accepting than most traditional Jewish households.
- Even though Amell is a Canadian, he is a huge fan and supporter of the Los Angeles Kings hockey team and calls the Toronto his ‘second team.’
Robbie Amell Movies
1. The DUFF (2015)
2. Max (2015)
(Adventure, Fantasy, Drama, Family, War)
3. ARQ (2016)
4. The Babysitter (2017)
5. Struck by Lightning (2012)
6. Code 8 (2019)
(Crime, Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller)
7. Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005)
(Adventure, Family, Comedy)
8. Nine Lives (2016)
(Comedy, Family, Fantasy, Drama)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed