Mitchell Hope Biography
Mitchell Hope is an Australian actor. He is well-known for his portrayal of ‘Ben,’ in the ‘Disney’ channel movie, ‘Descendants.’ Hope stepped into the field of acting with small roles in short films, and TV shows. Hope’s debut movie, ‘Earth’s Last Remnants,’ did not bring him much attention. He starred in a few short films such as ‘Down the Way,’ and ‘Yes Mum.’ Hope made an appearance in the mini-series, ‘Never Tear Us Apart: The Untold Story of INXS.’ After struggling for a while to gain recognition, Hope planned to give up acting. Around the same time, he portrayed a role that changed his career forever. ‘Descendants’ was the big break in Hope’s career. Following its success, he was cast in the sequels, ‘Descendants 2,’ and ‘Descendants: Wicked World.’ Mitchell
- Mitchell Hope was born on June 27, 1994, in Melbourne, Australia. His mother’s name is Lisa. He has two brothers, Jonah, and Tobias. There is no other information about his family.
- Hope stayed in Oklahoma for a brief period of time. His father was a businessman in Oklahoma. Later, Hope moved to Los Angeles in search of career options. Nothing is known about his educational qualifications.
- In 2006, Hope made his film debut in a short film ‘Earth’s Last Remnants.’ The movie was written and directed by Blake Borcich. It was released in Australia. In the movie, Hope played the role of ‘Amir.’ It was not a big success, and Hope failed to make a mark.
- In 2012, Hope starred in another short film, ‘Down the Way.’ It was directed by Melia Rayner. Hope portrayed the character of ‘Ryan’ in the film. The film is about two friends and how their friendship gets affected, after their real identities come into light. In the same year, Hope performed in another short film, ‘Yes Mum.’ It was directed by Jonathan Burton. Hope played the part of ‘Jonno.’ It was an emotional film about a young man’s phone call to his mother. The movie was applauded by critics.
- In 2014, Hope made his first appearance on TV. He was cast in the mini-series, ‘Never Tear Us Apart: The Untold Story of INXS.’ It was based on the lives of members of the Australian rock band, ‘INXS.’ Hope played young ‘Tim,’ in two episodes of the show.
- Towards the beginning of 2015, Hope was unable to find any acting offers, despite appearances in several short films. He planned to quit acting, and planned to continue his university studies. Around the same time, his manager informed him about the auditions for the ‘Disney Channel Original Movie,’ ‘Descendants.’ He recorded the audition tape, all by himself, and sent it across to Los Angeles. Hope’s talent impressed the makers of the movie, and he was called for a screen test.
- ‘Descendants,’ released in 2015, was a big break in Hope’s career. It was a fantasy film directed by Kenny Ortega. The movie told the story of teenaged children of the fictional characters such as the ‘Maleficent,’ and the ‘Evil Queen,’ appearing in ‘Disney’ pictures. In the movie, Hope played ‘Ben,’ who was the son of ‘Queen Belle,’ and ‘Beast.’ The character was designed to impress audiences with his innate goodness of heart. Hope performed it brilliantly, and earned numerous admirers. The movie was highly popular.
- Following the success of ‘Descendants,’ Mitchell Hope was offered roles in the sequels of the movie. In 2015, ‘Disney’ channel launched an animation series based on the ‘Descendants.’ It was titled ‘Descendants: Wicked World.’ The series told the story of the events that happened after ‘Ben’ was crowned as the king. The actors in the original movie lent their voices to the animated characters in the series. Hope lent his voice for ‘Ben,’ who was the ‘King of Auradon.’
- Mitchell Hope showed his dancing skills in the song, ‘Set It Off,’ which was the closing song of the movie, ‘Descendants.’ In the song, Hope performed with his co-stars, Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, Stephanie Bennett, and Cameron Boyce. The song gathered millions of views on YouTube.
- In 2017, Hope was cast in the sequel to ‘Descendants,’ which was titled, ‘Descendants 2.’ In the movie, he performed as ‘King Ben.’ It was about the strained relations of the King with his girlfriend, ‘Mal.’ The movie ended with the reunion of ‘Ben’ and ‘Mal.’ Just like its predecessor, this movie also enjoyed immense popularity.
- The third movie of the ‘Descendants’ series titled ‘Descendants 3’ is due to be released in 2019. Mitchell Hope plays ‘Ben’ in this movie too.
- Mitchell Hope is not married. He is in a relation with actress Tayla Audrey. She is famous for her movie ‘On the Wall.’ Hope is active on social media platforms, such as ‘Instagram,’ ‘Twitter,’ and ‘Facebook.’
- Hope is a fun-loving person. He has a dog named Harvey. He has millions of fans on social media platforms, owing to his athletic build.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed