Mario Maurer Biography
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Also Known As: Nutthawuth Maurer, Oh Mario
Born in: Bangkok, Thailand
Famous as: Actor & Model
father: Roland Maurer
mother: Waranya Maurer
siblings: Marco Maurer
City: Bangkok, Thailand
education: Krirk University – Master in Political Communication Ramkhamhaeng University – Degree in Communication Arts
Mario is a Thai model and actor who tasted success in 2007, with his romantic film ‘Love of Siam’ where he played the lead. The movie was groundbreaking in every sense of the word. His 2010 hit, ‘First Love,’ also known as ‘Crazy Little Thing Called Love,’ elevated him from a heart-throb to a superstar. The success of this movie led him to another role in the 2013 movie, ‘Pee Mak,’ which became the highest grossing movie of Thailand, turning him into a superstar of Thai cinema. From a model to a star, and from a star to a mega star, Mario’s journey to superstardom is full of interesting facts and unexpected turns. Apart from acting in movies, he loves to skateboard, drive cars, and hip-hop.
- Mario was born on December 4, 1988, in Bangkok, Thailand. His father loved Italian motorcycles. Thus, Mario was given an Italian name.
- His ethnicity is a mixture of Thai Chinese and German. He is fluent in Thai and English.
- His father, Roland, and mother, Waranya, owned a number of gas stations when Mario was young. Later, they started a business of production and export of deodorants in Nakhon Nayok Province.
- Mario has an elder brother, Marco, who is five years older to him. He attended ‘St. Dominic Savio Catholic School’ in Bangkok.
- He majored in Communication Arts from ‘Ramkhamhaeng University.’ He has recently earned his master’s degree in Political Communication from ‘Krirk University.’
- Mario was approached by a scout with a modeling offer, at the age of 16, at Siam Square. He accepted the offer, and thus began his modeling career.
- He started doing photo shoots and also appeared in a lot of commercials, before he made his debut in a leading role in 2007’s ‘Love of Siam’.
- In ‘Love of Siam’, his role was of a gay man, and as challenging as it seems, he did full justice to his role. He ended up winning the ‘Best Actor’ award at the ‘Starpics Thai Films Award’ and received a lot of other nominations too.
- In 2008, he was cast in another film, ‘Friendship,’ which was set around 1983. In this movie, he played a twelfth grade student. He became the lead in one of the segments of the movie, ‘4 Romance,’ in the same year.
- In 2009, he starred in a comedy-horror movie, ‘Rahtree Reborn,’ where he starred with Chermarn Boonyasak, also known as Laila Boonyasak.
- In 2010, his role in the romantic movie, ‘First Love,’ gave Mario the fame he deserved.
- His lead role in ‘First Love,’ or ‘Crazy Little Thing Called Love,’ gave him the kind of success and attention he deserved. In the same year, he played the lead in movies, such as ‘The Dog,’ and ‘Saranae Hen Phi.’
- In 2011, he played a supporting role in ‘The Outrage.’ He played another lead in ‘Bangkok Assassins.
- In 2012, he starred in three movies, namely, ‘Love on That Day,’ which was a Chinese film, ‘Jan Dara: The Beginning,’ and ‘Suddenly, It’s Magic,’ a Filipino movie.
- The year 2013 was another significant year for Mario, as his lead role in the comedy-horror movie, ‘Pee Mak,’ turned him into a legend in Thai cinema. The movie became the highest grossing movie of all time in Thailand.
- He played another lead role in ‘Jan Dara: The Finale,’ in 2013. In 2015, he starred in a short film called ‘Prisana.’
- In 2016, he played the lead in ‘Take Me Home. In 2017, he had another role in the film ‘Saranair, I Love You.’
- He dubbed ‘Jon Snow’s voice in the Thai version of ‘Game of Thrones: Season 7.’ He appeared in various television series too.
- Mario is a part of a group called ‘4+1 Channel 3 Superstar,’ with four other members.
- He released a hip-hop album, ‘PsyCho & Lil’Mario: Dem Crazy Boyz,’ with his brother Marco, on October 31, 2007. Both of them teamed up as a hip-hop duo called ‘PsyCho & Lil’Mario.’
- In 2011, he endorsed ‘Penshoppe,’ a Philippine clothing brand, and also hit the runway at the ‘Philippine Fashion Week,’ held at the ‘SMX Convention CenterHe has also endorsed brands, such as ‘The Pizza Company,’ ‘Sugus,’ ‘Honda Jazz,’ ‘Pepsi,’ ‘Sony Ericsson,’ among others..
- He has launched his own perfume, known as, ‘Mario Maurer for Men.’
- Mario is known to be very kind and generous towards his fans. He has a happy and caring personality.
- Mario was in a 9-year-old relationship with Thai actress Gubgib Sumonthip. Their relationship is rumored to have ended in January 2013.
- He currently claims to be single.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed