Will Poulter Biography
William Jack “Will” Poulter is an English actor known for his work in hit films such as 'We're the Millers' and 'The Revenant'. Born in Hammersmith, London, Poulter began his career with various small film roles before bagging a main role in the comedy film 'Son of Rambow.' The film was appreciated and his role helped him further his acting career. He then played a significant role in the film 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.' The film was the third and last installment of the popular 'Chronicles of Narnia' film series. It was a huge success worldwide. Other successful works in his career include his role in the comedy film 'We're the Millers.' The film won several awards including a British Academy Film Award. He also played a supporting role in the Oscar winning film 'The Revenant'. It was based on a novel of the same name by Michael Punke. The film was a huge success worldwide. Poulter has won multiple awards in his career, which include a British Academy Film Award which he earned for his work in the film 'We're the Millers'.
- William Jack “Will” Poulter was born on 28 January 1993 in Hammersmith, London. His mother Caroline Poulter is a former nurse while his father Neil Poulter is a Professor of Cardiology.
- At an early age, he developed an interest in acting. He went to the Harrodian School where he studied drama. It was one of his teachers who inspired him to audition for roles in movies.
- Will Poulter played many minor roles before grabbing a main role in the 2007 comedy film 'Son of Rambow'. Written and directed by Garth Jennings, the story revolved around two schoolboys and their attempts to make a film. The film was a commercial success. He was next seen in minor roles in a few TV shows such as 'Lead Balloon' and 'School of Comedy'.
- He was cast in the film 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader' in 2010. The film was a huge success commercially. Poulter received a lot of appreciation for his performance. The following year, he played a main role in the film 'Wild Bill'. Though the film received positive reviews, it was a commercial failure.
- His popularity increased manifold after his role in the comedy film 'We're the Millers'. The film, which was directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber, was a huge success commercially. It won several awards, with Poulter winning the British Academy Film Award for his performance.
- He appeared in multiple films in 2014 including 'The Maze Runner' and 'Glassland'. The following year he played a significant role in the Oscar winning film 'The Revenant’. The film was a huge commercial success as well. It was hugely appreciated by critics.
- In 2016 he played the lead role in the film 'Kids in Love'. The film revolved around the lives of a few friends in London.
- One of Poulter’s most recent works is his role in the 2017 satirical war film ‘War Machine’. The film was directed and written by David Michod. It was based on a book named ‘The Operators’, written by Michael Hastings. The story revolved around an American General who is sent to Afghanistan for peace talks. The film starred Brad Pitt, Anthony Michael Hall, Anthony Hayes, Topher Grace, Will Poulter, John Magaro and Scoot McNairy. The film was met with mixed reviews from critics.
- Will Poulter played a significant role in the 2010 fantasy adventure film ‘The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader’. Directed by Michael Apted, the film was the third and final installment of the ‘The Chronicles of Narnia’ film series. With Poulter playing a supporting role, the film also included actors Skandar Keynes, George Henley, Ben Barnes and Tilda Swinton. The film was a huge commercial success, and also won multiple awards. It was met with mixed reviews.
- Another major work in Will Poulter’s career was his role in the 2013 American comedy film ‘We’re the Millers’. The film was directed by Rawson Marshall Thunder. The cast included Jennifer Aniston, Jason Sudeikis, Emma Roberts, Will Poulter and Nick Offerman. The story revolved around a plot dealer and his attempts to smuggle drugs into the US from Mexico. The film was a commercial success grossing more than seven times its budget. It was met with mixed reviews.
- Poulter played an important role in the 2015 film ‘The Revenant’. Directed by Alejandro G. Inarritu, the movie was based on a 2002 novel of the same name by Michael Punke. The film starred Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, Domhall Gleeson and Will Poulter. The film was a huge commercial success, grossing more than $530 million on a budget of $ 135 million. It also won several awards including three Oscars. The film was met with positive reviews from critics.
- Will Poulter won two MTV movie Awards and one British Academy Film Award (EE Rising Star Award) in 2014, for his work in the film ‘We’re the Millers’.
- In 2015, he received another MTV Movie Award for Best Fight (shared with Dylan O'Brien) for his work in the film ‘The Maze Runner’.
- Will Poulter is currently known to be single and there is not much known about his dating life.
- Will Poulter’s net worth is $5 million.
- Other than acting, Poulter loves to play football.
Will Poulter Movies
1. The Revenant (2015)
(Western, Drama, Adventure, Thriller)
2. Midsommar (2019)
(Drama, Horror, Mystery, Thriller)
3. Detroit (2017)
(Drama, History, Thriller, Crime)
4. We're the Millers (2013)
5. Wild Bill (2011)
6. Son of Rambow (2007)
(Family, Action, Comedy, Drama, Adventure)
7. The Maze Runner (2014)
(Mystery, Sci-Fi, Thriller, Action)
8. Maze Runner: The Death Cure (2018)
(Action, Thriller, Sci-Fi)
|2015||Best Fight||The Maze Runner (2014)|
|2014||Breakthrough Performance||We're the Millers (2013)|
|2014||Best Kiss||We're the Millers (2013)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed