Alden Richards is a Filipino actor and singer. He started his career as a model at a young age in order to support his family, and went on to become a celebrity in his own right. He made his first big splash with his amazing performance in the fantasy series ‘Alakdana’, for which he won the Outstanding Breakthrough Performance at the Golden Screen TV Awards. His debut self-titled album was appreciated by critics and it eventually launched him into the mainstream entertainment industry. His second album ‘Wish I May’ made it to the top of the Philippine charts with its original title song becoming popular in the whole of South East Asia. He became well-known when he hosted a talent search show called ‘Bet ng Bayan’ and the ‘That’s My Bae’ segment of Philippines’ longest running variety show, ‘Eat Bulaga’. Today, Alden has a large fan following on social media. He has a bright future ahead of him as he is already one of Philippines’ popular youth icons.
- Alden Richards was born Richard Reyes Faulkerson, Jr. on 2 January 1992 in Santa Rosa, Laguna, Philippines, to Richard Peralta Faulkerson, Sr. and Rosario Reyes. He has an older brother and a younger sister.He completed his high school from Paco Catholic School and went on to pursue a degree in Business Administration, which he could not complete due to the financial condition of his family.As a child, he wanted to become a pilot, but later chose to join show business under the influence of his mother. He participated in various competitions and started working as a model at a young age in order to support his family.Rejections at the auditions for reality shows like ‘Star Struck’ and ‘Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash’ did not dampen his ambition of becoming a star. He appeared in various commercials and did minor roles in a few television series. This gave him enough confidence to start a career in the world of entertainment.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- He got his first major role in a series titled ‘Alakdana’, which was aired on GMA Network in 2010. The following year, he was cast in the drama series ‘Tween Hearts’, which was later adapted into a film titled ‘Tween Hearts: Class of 2012’.He adopted the stage name ‘Alden Richards’ and appeared in the variety shows, ‘Party Pilipinas’ and ‘Sunday All Stars’ for which he got positive reviews. His performance as a psychopath in the movie ‘The Road’ gave him recognition as a versatile actor.In 2013, Alden received his first nomination for Best Actor at the Golden Screen TV Awards for his role in the series ‘One True Love’. His next major role was in the historical drama ‘Indio’.He soon became one of Philippines’ well-known performers and appeared in an anthology titled ‘Magpakailanman’, which narrated his life story. The recording was first aired in 2013 and was repeated in 2015.Richards made his singing debut in the show ‘Party Pilipinas’ in 2013 and released his first single titled ‘Haplos’. This was closely followed by his self-titled album which was released by Universal Records. It was also featured in the soundtrack of the television series, ‘Carmela’.After having established himself as a celebrity, he hosted ‘Bet ng Bayan’, a talent search television reality show, aired on GMA Network. His popularity as a host helped him to host ‘That’s My Bae’ segment of Philippines’ longest running variety show, ‘Eat Bulaga’.His second album ‘Wish I May’ was released in 2015 and soon became popular with its original title song reaching the top of the Philippine charts. He also signed a contract with APT Entertainment and GMA Records for a long-term association.Continue Reading BelowBesides acting and singing, he continues to work as a model for a number of brands, and was named one of Candy Magazine’s ‘Celebrity Cuties’. He also appeared on the cover of MEGA Magazine and was labelled ‘GMA’s new breed of rising talent’.Major Works
- His major roles in television came through the shows, ‘Alakdana’ (2011), ‘One True Love’ (2012), ‘Magpakailanman’ (2013) and ‘Carmela’ (2014).He has acted in many films and was seen playing the lead role in ‘Imagine You and Me’ (2016).Richards has released three studio albums, including his latest album, ‘Say it Again’.Awards & Achievements
- In 2011, he won the German Moreno Youth Achievement Award at the 59th FAMAS Awards for his debut album, ‘Alden Richards’.At the 29th PMPC Star Awards for Television, he bagged the Best Drama Actor Award for ‘Ilustrado’.In 2016, he won a host of awards for his album ‘Wish I May’, including Best Selling Album of the Year at 29th Awit Awards, Pop Album of the Year at the 8th PMPC Star Awards for Music and Male Music Artist of the Year at the 6th Eduk Circle Awards.Personal Life
- Richards is a Roman Catholic and a regular churchgoer. He has worked towards the benefit of special children and has endorsed various initiatives to help them with a better life.He has dated a couple of his co-stars, but is yet to get into a long-term relationship.
How To CiteArticle Title- Alden Richards BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/alden-richards-34841.phpLast Updated- December 10, 2017
People Also Viewed