Marcus Gunnarsen Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Born in: Trofors, Norway
Famous as: Pop Star
father: Kjell Erik Gunnarsen
mother: Gerd Anne Gunnarsen
siblings: Emma Gunnarsen (Younger Sister), Martinus Gunnarsen (Identical Twin)
Marcus Gunnarsen is a famous Norwegian pop star, who along with his twin brother, Martin, has taken the music industry by storm. The Gunnarsen brothers’ musical journey started much early in life. Life turned when they won the Melodi Grand Prix Junior competition. They not just won the competition but earned themselves a huge fan following as well. It was this overwhelming love by the fans and the response that urged the brothers to take up music professionally. Soon, the duo began making original scores and by 2015 came up with their debut album, ‘Hei’. They followed it with their second album ‘Together’. A music aficionado, Marcus loves creating new scores and music. He idolizes Justin Beiber, Bruno Mars and Jason Derulo and aims to emulate their success story someday.
- Marcus Gunnarsen and Martinus Gunnarsen may have risen to stardom early in their life, but having said that, the brother duo did put in a lot of effort and hard work before tasting success. The brothers’ first attained the limelight at the age of ten. They had contested in the eleventh season of the Melodi Grand Prix Junior competition, held in Oslo Spektrum, Norway. Their final winning song, ‘To dråper vann’ earned them the coveted title and champion trophy. The song peaked at #8 on the Norwegian Singles Chart.
- Following the phenomenal success at the reality show, Marcus along with his brother started working on their debut album ‘Hei’. ‘Hei’ was released on February 23, 2015. The album peaked at #1 on the Norwegian Albums Chart and included hit singles ‘Plystre på deg’ and ‘Elektrisk’, featuring vocals from Katastrofe. ‘Elektrisk’ peaked at #3 on the Norwegian Singles Chart and was soon followed by ‘Ei som deg’ with Inner Tier. The song peaked at #15 on the Norwegian Singles Chart.
- In 2016, Marcus and his brother released three singles including ‘Girls’, ‘Heartbeat’ and ‘I Don't Wanna Fall in Love’. ‘Girls’ became the second single by Gunnarsen brothers’ to debut at #1 in Norway after ‘Elektrisk’. They followed up ‘Girls’ with the singles ‘Light It Up’ and ‘One More Second’. In November 2016, the twin brothers came up with their first English album ‘Together’. The album debuted at #1 in Norway and Sweden and at #6 in Finland.
- Marcus Gunnarsen is one of the identical twin son (other being Martinus Gunnarsen) born to Gerd Anne and Kjell Erik Gunnarsen on February 21, 2002. They have a little sister Emma Gunnarsen. Marcus is the older twin. Before hitting the double digit of their age, the twin brothers had already carved a career path for themselves. It all started when the brother duo won a singing competition. The victory propelled them to further plunge into the creative path and rest as they say is history.
- Marcus and Martinus are great football lovers and at one point of time even dreamt of becoming football players. Marcus is a big fan of the sport and loyally supports Manchester United. Marcus aims to learn Thai language someday. Marcus’ ideal soul mate would be one who is kind, sweet, pleasant and not jealous.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed