Martinus Gunnarsen is a Norwegian singer and the twin brother of Marcus Gunnarsen, better known as M&M. They are a Norwegian pop duo. They were first noticed when they competed in the Melodi Grand Prix Junior competition and won the 11th season of the event. They performed the song ‘To Draper Vann’ which was an instant hit. The duo entered into a contract with Sony Music at the age of thirteen and has three hit studio albums to their credit. They have even published their biography and appeared in a documentary film and TV show about themselves. They have been honoured with the ‘Spellemann of the Year’ award and have the distinction of representing their country in international song competitions. Their identical looks and dark blond hair style makes them the darling of their fans. Even though the duo has achieved international fame at a young age, Martinus remains grounded and is completing his schooling in his home town. His story is that of an ideal childhood for youngsters of today to emulate.
- Martinus Gunnarsen was born on 21 February 2002 in Trofors, Norway. His father, Kjell-Erik, is a school teacher. He has an identical twin brother, Marcus, with whom he was brought up in the small town of Trofors. He sang with his brother and started playing the piano at a young age. The duo wrote their first song at the age of nine.The twins were 10 when they competed in the Melodi Grand Prix Junior competition at Oslo Spektrum and won the 11th season of the event which was broadcast live on the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation. Their song ‘To Draper Vann’, meaning ‘Two Drops of Water’ reached number eight on the Norwegian Singles Chart.Though the twins started moving around to fulfil the demands of their music career, they continued to complete their schooling in Trofors and lived a simple life with their parents.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- The experience at the Melodi Grand Prix Junior was the first stepping stone for Martinus to enter into the world of professional music. After their success at the competition, the twins took the music world by storm.Martinus barely entered his teens when the twins signed a recording deal with Sony Music and released their debut studio album titled ‘Hei’ (Hi in English). The album reached the number one position on the Norwegian Albums Charts and remained in the top ten for 20 consecutive weeks. Their album was followed by their singles ‘Elektrisk’ (Electric) and ‘Ei Som Deg’ (One Like You) which peaked at number three and 15 respectively on the Norwegian Singles Charts.After releasing a number of singles, in collaboration with some of Norway’s top artists, including ‘girls’ which got to the number one spot on the Norwegian Charts, the duo released their first album in English titled ‘Together’ in November 2016. The album was a compilation of their earlier numbers and debuted at number one in Norway and Sweden and reached number six in Finland. They also undertook a ‘Together Tour’ that established a record of selling-out all tickets of the show in Stockholm within 14 minutes of the sale being opened on line.The twins achieved worldwide exposure by their performance of ‘Without You’ and ‘Bae’ at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert held in Norway in December 2016. Their international run continued with their appearance in the International Eurovision Song Contest, where they represented Norway in May 2017. They also performed at VG-lista which is Norway’s largest concert witnessed by an audience of 80,000 people.The twins have already released their biography as well as a documentary film titled ‘Our Story’ which is about their humble beginning and rise to fame.They are active on social media and have created a sensation amongst fans that is growing by the day. They have over 400,000 subscribers on You Tube and 500,000 followers on Instagram and Facebook.Major Works
- Martinus and his twin brother have released three studio albums titled ‘Hei’, ‘Hei Fan Spesial and ‘Together’. They have also released a number of singles that have been on the top of the Norwegian charts.Continue Reading BelowThey have appeared as themselves in two documentary films and featured on Norwegian television news and talk shows.They undertook the ‘Together Tour’ in 2016-2017 to popularise their debut English album.Awards & Achievements
- The duo was awarded the ‘Spellemann of the Year’ award for the film ‘Marcus and Martinus’ in 2017.Personal Life
- Besides music, Martinus loves football and is a strong supporter of Chelsea.Martinus comes from a closely knit family. Though the twins often quarrel among themselves, they are very understanding of each other and are quick to make peace. The Friday family meal is an event he does not like to miss because of his busy schedule.Martinus has a busy schedule with his singing career and schooling going on concurrently. He is not in a serious relationship. His present status on social media is single.Trivia
- Eden Hazard of Chelsea is his favourite football player.Continue Reading BelowHe goes by the nickname, Tinus, and his fans call themselves the ‘MMers’, standing for Marcus and Martinus.The title of their first English album ‘Together’ was inspired by the combined performance and rise to fame of the twins, Marcus and Martinus; coupled with the support of their fans.The single ‘Elektrisk’ was Norway’s most viewed video on You Tube in the year 2015.The twins are loved by their fans for their dark blond hair with identical hairstyle.Out of the twins, Martinus considers himself more of a perfectionist. He is also conscious of making bad jokes that only he laughs at. Marcus is more care free out of the two.The twins have been influenced by the French hip-hop dance duo, Les Twins. They often watch You Tube and practice dance steps of the duo.Besides singing and making music videos, Martinus is learning to write songs and become a producer.
How To CiteArticle Title- Martinus Gunnarsen BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/martinus-gunnarsen-33261.phpLast Updated- July 14, 2017
People Also Viewed