Sigrid Raabe Biography
Sigrid Solbakk Raabe is a Norwegian singer-songwriter who is best known for delivering the popular single ‘Don’t Kill My Vibe’ in 2017. She was nominated at multiple award shows for this hit single that was part of her debut Extended Play of the same title. The song became so popular that it was certified platinum by The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry. In 2017, Raabe also released the single ‘Strangers’, which peaked at the top of the Scottish Singles Chart. Even though she has been active as a singer for a few years now, it is only in the recent years that she has begun to earn popularity. Besides her popular singles, she also did a cover of the hit song ‘Everybody Knows,’ which was featured during the opening credits of the DC superhero film ‘Justice League’. Her other notable works include the promotional singles ‘I Don't Want to Know’ and ‘Known You Forever’ and the Extended Play ‘Raw’.
- Sigrid Solbakk Raabe pursued a career in music after being encouraged by her parents. Her debut single, ‘Sun,’ was released in 2013. She was offered a contract by Petroleum Records a year after the release of the single. She started performing in various festivals in Norway and also appeared in the country’s annual music festival, ‘Øyafestivalen,’ in the Tøyen Park, Oslo. After spending two years with Petroleum Records, Raabe signed with Island Records in 2016. In the subsequent year, she released her debut EP, ‘Don't Kill My Vibe’. The EP broke into the top 20 list in the US Heat chart. The title track of the extended play went on to appear in the top charts in her native country as well as in the UK, Scotland and Australia. The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) of Norway gave the single a platinum certificate. It also earned a silver certificate from the British Phonographic Industry.
- The other two top singles released by her in 2017 were ‘Plot Twist’ and ‘Strangers’. The former was part of her debut EP ‘Don’t Kill My Vibe’, while the latter is from her upcoming album. ‘Plot Twist’ received a gold certificate from IFPI Norway and was featured in the top 50 list in Belgium. The single ‘Strangers’ became her best known single to date and was featured in the top 10 charts in Norway, Ireland, and the UK. It also charted in Croatia and Scotland. The single was certified platinum and gold by IFPI Norway and British Phonographic Industry, respectively.
- Raabe did a cover of the original song ‘Everybody Knows’ (by the Canadian singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen), which was featured in the American superhero movie ‘Justice League.’ She has appeared in multiple music videos including ‘High Five’ and ‘Sucker Punch.’ She released her second EP, ‘Raw,’ in 2018.
- Raabe was nominated at multiple award shows for her hit single ‘Don’t Kill My Vibe.’ She won the Spellemannprisen award for Newcomer of the Year & Gramo scholarship in 2018.
- Sigrid Raabe was born in Ålesund, Norway, on September 5, 1996, to Anette Sølberg Solbakk and Håkon Raabe. She has two siblings, a brother named Tellef, who is a musician, and a sister named Johanne. Raabe and her sister Johanne started a band named ‘Sala Says Mhyp’ in 2013. The name of the band was a dedication to her beloved cat, Sala, who had passed away recently.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed